1,326 results
All reviews california market time share pacific edge ocean view wood burning fireplace vacation club sunset lounge big sur townhouse suite full kitchen carmel highlands point lobos main building two story views are spectacular living room road noise
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed in November at the Highlands Inn for 3 nights and really loved it. WHOW, what a view. The room (seaview) was greate and we really loved watching the dolphins from our bed. The room was quite big and the bed excellent. The only think one could argue was the wood fire smoke that lingered around. Otherwise both the room and the property was really outstanding. We ate one evening at the restaurant and really enjoyed it. Breakfast was likewise great, with great in- and outdoorseating. If you happen to have good weather this is really a greate place to explore Big Sur and the Monterey Peninsula.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Swisstraveller37
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed only two nights at the Hyatt Highlands Carmel in a two story townhouse over looking the ocean. The service was amazing from carrying your bags to your room to offering directions and taking you on a tour of the hotel. Best location even though you have to drive to Carmel, would definitly come back for a longer stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a townhouse overlooking the water
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Highlands Inn in Carmel for four nights during the last week of April. We stayed in a one-bedroom unit (room 405). We traded one of our timeshares through Interval International for this unit. The unit was one level with sliding doors that blocked the bedroom off from the living room. We had a full kitchen (yes, your dishes are even washed for you every day!), living room with a sofabed, a wood burning fireplace that's ready to use upon your arrival (and will be cleaned up and set up each day for you), and a very spacious bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Daily maid service is provided for all rooms. This is something that isn't common for a timeshare unit. The view from our room was absolutely fantastic! We weren't ocean front but had a completely unobstructed view of the ocean from our entire unit. Check-in was a breeze too! The property has a few outdoor hot tubs and a fitness center. We had dinner one night at the property's restaurant and appetizers and drinks another night at the bar. We would definitely return to the Highlands Inn!

Room Tip: Don't really think there could be a bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GinnyAlamo
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I celebrated my 60th birthday here with my wife, 3 sons and my daughter in law. A good time was had by all. This place is not cheap, so be warned. You are here for the location, an absolutely beautiful area of the California coast. There are two great parks within a 10 minute drive, one is less than 5 minutes, and we enjoyed them both. I knocked down there service to 3 stars because once I called for assistance with a tv problem and no one showed up. As I had two tvs in the room I just let it go. The other issue I had to call twice to get a fan for the room. And check in took way too long. Outside of that the service was really good, the people were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet, some units have kitchens. If you want a room with an ocean view be sure and double check, not all units have them, and some of those have limited views. To conclude I would recommend this place to people. The location is special, and worth seeing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank davidcalifornia
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed with our two girls in a
April 2011 in a One Bedroom Ocean View room which was well described on the website. Views of ocean were superb. Breakfast in Market was good and reasonably priced

• Stayed: April 2011