This trip was a family one & special because we wanted to take my dad to a place he has raved about for years, for his 85th birthday gift!
Check in: staff on hand was courteous and professional as were the valets every time we encountered them, which was often as Carmel is about driving and looking at the beautiful coastline.
Dinning: breakfast in their dinning room: the view is amazing and the fritata was likewise. The staff here was also kind and helpful & we loved it both times. We also had drinks in the bar which were very good but of course very pricey. We ordered clam chowder, which I recommend and crab cakes which I don't as the flavors were just not quite right for me. The chocolate cake however was & is to die for. The baker on site is amazing & I recommend anything she has made! We never had dinner here since by the second day we were worn out & ordered room service, which was also great!
Rooms: our rooms were clean and comfortable although the showers tiny for this level of hotel. As most who travel to these premier hotels, I expect large bathrooms with marble everywhere, but you won't find it here. I also would prefer a large tub to sink into at the end of a rainy day, but found out that bath tubs at least in hotels, have been outlawed in Carmel as they consume too much water. Perhaps a consolation is the wood burning fireplaces in our rooms & in all the rooms from what I could tell. Smoke was everywhere & it smelled great after the rain, but if you have asthma beware!
General Info: stairs are everywhere on this property & although there are some wheelchair ramps, someone with limited mobility may want to chose to stay elsewhere although they would miss out on the great views! We got along fine with a few stairs here and there, but it's it's an individual thing of course. If you chose not to stay, at least do Sunday Brunch here. They have specialty drinks & lots of the older crowd were loving the whole atmosphere!
Enjoy & know I'm jealous if your going:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt