New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

L'Auberge Carmel
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
“Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located and very charming this small hotel delivers in a big way. The service is first rate and the little touches they provide help enhance the experience. Our room was a little undersized but adequate. We loved the courtyard and the included breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Case-JC,

Thank you very much for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I appreciate your comments and glad that you had an enjoyable time here. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are building an experience in Carmel and I am delighted to hear that you had a great time. We hope to welcome you back to L'Auberge Carmel!

George Nagata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Just spent two nights at L'Auberge Carmel and were blown away by the experience. Hands down they have the most attentive and friendly staff of any place I've ever stayed. The room was charming and the attention to detail was amazing. My husband loved the milk and cookies at bedtime. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear mhphillips,

I'd like to sincerely thank you for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! It sounds like your stay was relaxing and enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back for more than one night the next time you find yourself in Carmel!

goshen CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

One night in Carmel--where to stay? We are so glad we chose L'Auberge Carmel. Highest level of service we have experienced in a long while, beginning with the way the staff made parking in congested Carmel a non-issue. Couldn't have been easier, even though we had needed the car again an hour or so after we checked in. The setting is charming, around a lovely courtyard. Too bad for us it was a chilly day, so we didn't get a chance to enjoy it. Our room, though quite small, was fully appointed and luxuriously comfortable. Bathroom's heated floors: wonderful. Breakfast in the Aubergine restaurant was very European in ambience. We would definitely stay at L'Auberge Carmel again. Great people, great location, wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms involve climbing steps, in case that is an issue.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhphillips
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear mhphillips,

Modesto, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Expensive, but if you don't mind paying for quality then it's worth every penny. Their restaurant, Aubergine, is 5 star quality just like the hotel....and friendly without being stuffy. I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors have steep, narrow stairs you must climb. I found this added to the charm of the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. JJeppson,

First thank you for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel and dining at Aubergine restaurant. On behalf of our Restaurant Manager and myself, we'd like to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, booked a last minute reservation. The manager and all the staff were friendly and extremely accommodating. We have never had better service. Whether it was early morning coffee, booking great restaurant reservations, parking our car, helping us plan our tours of the central coast, or driving us to dinner, any and all requests were pleasantly and efficiently accommodated. The hotel was charming and our room was comfortable. We have already recommended the property to several freinds, and we hope to return in the near future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel K
Dear Mr. Daniel K,

Thank you once again for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I am very glad that you had quite an experience here. Also thank you very much for your kind words and recommending our hotel to your friends.

We hope to see in Carmel soon.

San Ramon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked a room for my girlfriends birthday. We were literally treated like royalty from the moment we walked through the doors until we checked out. The staff and custermer service surpasses any Resort I have stayed. I have stayed at some of the most well renowed Resorts Dana Pointe,
The Four Seasons, to the Miomo destination Resort in Sodona, AZ and many others in between. I was so happy that my friend was treated like a princess as well as my self. We stayed in the room wiith two Qween beds. The floors were warm and so were the staff, very classy and the courtyard is stunning as is all the landscaping. The room was beautiful clean and the staff never made me feel uncomfortable as I called for extras at different times of our stay (most people say I am a high maintenance client). I highly recommend this Resort and can't wait to return with my family real soon. Pam F.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Pam F
Dear Ms. Pam F,

Thank you very much for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was quite enjoyable. We strive ourselves to cater to an experience for each guest and I am glad that we were able to do this for you and your friend. I hope that when you are back in Carmel, we hope to once again serve you!

Carpinteria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellant hotel and great service, we were there for 3 nights te celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We could not have asked for anything more and the staff was as good as you could ask for. We would stay there again anytime that we would be in the area. I highly recommended the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear JackUSC,

Happy 50th anniversary again and we thank you for staying with us on such a special occasion! Thank you for your gracious comments about the property and when you are in Carmel again we certainly hope to welcome you back to L'Auberge Carmel.