“Just wanted lunch” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Carmel, CA
“Just wanted lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

Stopped to try for lunch. When my wife and I walked in we were greeted by someone who communicated to us from the far end of the bar yelling (through the people sitting at the bar) just sit anywhere. After placing our order made a quick trip to the men’s room to wash my hands, clean but no towels to dry.
When my order arrived a “Vegetarian Burrito” it was hard to believe a kitchen would let it go out. A slimy overdone mix of veggie’s wrapped in a tortilla floating in grease. My wife ordered a taco and chile relleno. The taco was fair but the chile relleno was a green chile split with some cheese added and grilled. We sat for some time without seeing anyone from the restaurant,our waiter never returned to see how we were doing. Finally flaged a busboy down to send my lunch back and was asked if I wanted it in a to-go box. Did not see our waiter until my wife finished her lunch when he put down two cokes with no ice and wanted to know if we wanted our check. My wife told him yes and the burrito must be taken off the check. He seemed to have no idea my lunch was sent back. The check was set down without a sorry or apology.