$579
$400
ClarionHotels
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$449
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$300
$290
ComfortInn
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$189
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$588
  • Pool
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$950
Agoda.com
All reviewsil fornaiono elevatoroldest hotelocean avenuehistoric propertycharming hotelceiling fanthe main streetstreet parkingfew blocksbuffet breakfastperfect locationcarmel by the seaart galleriesturn down serviceshort walk to the beachroom rate
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I absolutely loved Carmel and this Inn is greatly located near all the shops and a short walk to the beach. The room was small for 3 people - my daughters and I shared this room and one of us had to sleep on the floor. But the view was excellent so I did not mind the size for one night was just fine - we had a view of the ocean which was really cool. The staff did not seem too friendly but they did help with everything I asked for - if you have trouble walking up stairs and need an elevator be careful there are none - we were ok because we are a pretty fit family; it was tough taking our stuff up to the 3rd floor but we managed - also you can take them up on the bell help but we did not. We really liked their breakfast as it was a nice variety of good things to eat and good coffee. I had a night cap which was pretty pricey and the bar tender also did not seem too friendly. I think that people who work at these vacation spots have to work harder to be happy and bubbly - yes I know that it is a job - but for people on vacation who have waited a life time to do something - we just want to see some smiles and cheer so that we want to come back -- I would stay here again though because overall it is a very charming place and it was really close to everything I wanted to do, shop, eat good food, and walk to the beach. Cheers!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have to say that I think the correct word to describe Carmel is twee, Monterey is a multi megaton tourist bomb disaster site ( I prefer Stienbeck's version of Monterey fictional though it was) and Pebble Beach would be better off dedicated to the sea lions than the monumental egos that currently shape it. The Pine inn fits this pattern that its surrounds establish.

In a room for two you generally like to fit two in without the stupidity of one having to kneel at the bed end to type on an Ipad while I knock this review out on a desk area the size of a dinner plate. I suppose at least I have a desk.

My luggage is stored under the bathroom sinks (but we are soo grateful that we have two sinks) and my partners luggage managed to fit in the linen cupboard. To get around the room without climbing over the furniture we had one chair removed from the room, another in our party had both removed. The flat screen TV is atop a chest of draws that has two uses, holding the flat screen TV off the ground and reducing useable space by 5 or so sq feet.(BTW even the locals seem to know the rooms are crowded since one volunteered the info to us in an accidental street conversation.)

This is another one of those hotels that is engaged in the secret competition to test guests mental skills in figuring out how to get the bath/shower water running and set to temperature ( pull out with great force then twist to set temp). A hot and cold tap would do fine for me.

The final barbarities are no fridge in the room (drinks however can be stored by reception) and no coffee/tea making faculties in room.

Also what use is a reception area with a fire place if you cant sit with others and have a drink, in my view not much

Breakfast, average.

Overall ho hum probably better to bypass the whole place and find a place that is more grounded in reality since it needs a good sorting out so it works for guests

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpannerPerthWA
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were impressed from the minute we entered the lobby. The sitting room was a delight. It was in red tones with period furnishings. There was a fireplace with a welcoming fire. The staff was so friendly as well. The walk up the stairs made me feel that I was in my own Victorian mansion.

Each room was individually furnished. Ours had an Asian antique screen across the wall behind our bed forming the headboard. Complimentary water was provided. No mini bar but we don't use them anyway. No safe which is nice to have.

I didn't see an elevator and wasn't offered one. The bellman took our luggage up the stairs so I suspect there isn 't one.

I didn't see any sign of AC. We didn't need it. There was a radiator however. Maybe Carmel doesn't need AC.
The restaurant was Italian, very busy, and delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room. I passed one very small one. It may have been a single, but it was small. We had a room on a corner facing two streets, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcclureliz
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent as it is in the middle of the main shopping street. The room was very nice and quiet, we did not hear a sound from the hallway or adjacent rooms. The woman at reception was very helpful and the breakfast was good. Overall, very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for a 1 night stop off down highway 1. Hotel a good spot in the centre of Carmel near the beach. Staff friendly, room clean if a little small, plenty of parking and breakfast good. Would stay again if staying in Carmel.

• Stayed: April 2012