Lobos Lodge
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$201
$219
Pine Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$189
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

$401
Relais & Châteaux
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$187
$149
Orbitz.com
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

$599
  • Pool
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$600
$629
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfastsitting areagas fireplaceocean avenuegreat locationeach morningthe main streetshops and restaurantscookiesspacious roomking bedcoffee tablefew blocksonly stayed one nightbit datedoff street parkingshort walk to the beach
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a great stay at the Lobos Lodge. The price was very reasonable ($175 for an economy queen). Considering that that was the lowest tier of available rooms, we were somewhat concerned that it may not be desirable and that we may need to upgrade. However, our fears proved to be unwarranted. When we arrived we were greeted with a clean and modern room that was very nice. While it is the smallest room at the inn, it is still larger than your average hotel room. The bathroom area was very nice with ample counter space and a separate toilet/shower. The ceilings were vaulted which provided an airy feel. Since it was warm we had no need for the fireplace. Samples of good, locally roasted coffee packs were made available for use in a 4 cup maker and replenished daily by the service worker. The breakfast that was delivered daily to our door was sufficient and very good. It included juice, fresh croissants or pastries, and greek yogurt. It was delivered on time (almost to the minute) and included a copy of the Monterey Herald. I was very impressed and it was nice to relax with coffee and enjoy the food in the room. Overall I do not think this place can be beat, at least if you wish to remain in the same cost scale. Sure, if you want to pay $400 or $500 a night you can go to one of the pretentious other locations. However, I would definitely stay in the Lobos Lodge again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terre B
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a very nice quiet room about 10 steps down from the parking lot, with the bath/toilet separated from the well-lit dressing area, queen bed, a small couch and large flat screen tv, gas fireplace, small outdoor sitting area with garden view; all for just over $200. I should also mention that the room could be well-darkened with the plantation shutters -- a plus feature for us. We did not avail ourselves of the included continental breakfast, as we love to go for the great eggs Benedict at Katy's Place. The lodge is just across the street from Il Fornaio restaurant.

Room Tip: There are many different levels and types of rooms, so make any preferences known at the time of reservation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2calgrads
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I stay here during the start of the Concourse d' Elegance.

The room: It was their last room and it was absolutely charming. There was a little courtyard with shutters on the sliding glass door. It was nice to sit out on the courtyard with a bottle of wine and enjoy the beautiful weather and smell the ocean breezes. There was a fireplace in the room which we did not use, but it lended to the ambiance of our room. The bed was comfy and the bathrooms were clean. That's REALLY important to a fuss-budget like me.

The hotel: There is free coffee in the lobby, and the staff was very helpful in helping get around. They offer free parking which is really important during the car show because every inch of space is taken. It is right a the very edge of the downtown so walking to the various shop and restaurants is a breeze. It is also a short 3 blocks to the ocean. Grabbed a coffee from the lobby and took in the beautiful views the morning had to offer. We had clear weather and saw some dolphins playing in the distance. However, I was told that clear mornings like the one I experienced are few. I am told most mornings as foggy.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The price is reasonable considering the location, parking, and cute rooms. Please know that the lower rooms have some steps to navigate. Please let the staff know if you have any limitations and they will help you with your luggage. My husband is handicapped and the staff showed us a way to our rooms without having to use the stairs.

LOVED IT!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty P
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The excellent service began when I made my reservation. I telephoned (as per info online) and asked whether there was elevator service as I have knee issues. The person to whom I was speaking said that there are no elevators, BUT there are rooms where parking is convenient and on same level with the room. I indicated my dates, etc. and he assigned the room. When I arrived there were potentially several convenient parking spaces. No problems whatsoever! I entered the room and found a large space which best could be described as a studio apt. without a kitchen area. It was very nice! The gas fireplace was welcome on the chilly evening; beside it was a comfortable reading chair. Across from the fireplace was a small sofa (or maybe a large "love seat"). The bed and night stands were behind the sofa. There was a small deck to the right, off this area. To the left was a small Parson's table (c. 4 feet) and a small dining/writing table. Through an internal doorway were the closet and bathroom area (which had excellent lighting). As noted in my title, the location couldn't have been better--IMO!! The walk to the beach was a "hop, skip, & a jump"! A walk to the east put you right in the middle of everything--restaurants, galleries, courtyards, the works--without being in the middle of a ton of traffic!! Last but not least, the service was excellent for the most part. I was there for 3 nights. The last morning my breakfast snack did not arrive. I waited 15 min. and finally called the front desk. The person there said that I had indicated that I would "call when ready". I noticed that the person who delivered the snack the day before appeared not to understand and looked totally bewildered when I thanked her and said "Have a nice day!" (unlike the person who came the first day). That same person came with the last snack--and a wilted flower that had obviously been on a tray earlier in the morning & put back in the refrigerator! I suspect that she gave incorrect information to the kitchen staff. Had this not happened I would have given the property 5 full circles... As it is, I would definitely recommend Lobos Lodge to friends, and hope to return in year or so! Just to be clear, my interactions with desk staff when I checked in, when I asked directions the next day, and when I left were very positive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Janice S
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband, sister & I checked into this hotel May 20, 2014. Our rooms were located in a lower area that involved several tricky (short) flights of stairs, but we found another path to the rooms that had no stairs (the staff at check in could have mentioned this to us) & got our luggage in with a minimum of fuss. The rooms are lovely, painted in a sort of southern France way, with white washed ceiling beams and pastel yellow rooms. It was very soothing, and we enjoyed the evening in front of the fire. It was a quiet night, although we were awakened a couple of times due to the "water hammer" problem in some of the pipes. A breakfast of juice and pastries was delivered in the morning, at the promised time. A pleasant stay for us at Carmel, and I can recommend this to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family