“Feel some reviews overstate this property”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Stayed here based on Trip Advisor reviews.

This is a converted old style motor inn that is perched above Route 1 south of Carmel. It has been upgraded and well decorated. The position is excellent apart from the road below. There is a comfortable terrace and lounge/breakfast room in which complementary afternoon snacks with wine and breakfast are served. A bottle of sparkling wine is delivered to room on arrival. All of these are nice touches, It is a sociable location but there is no dining room, the hotel recommending the nearby Highland Hotel, part of the Hyatt Group. Our dining experience there was disappointing and dining in one of Carmel's excellent restaurants is a much better idea. We recommend L'escargot.

For what it is, this property has made the most of its position, the downside however being that the nightly room rate is very high for what is essentially an up-market motor inn experience. Having said that the place was full but I could not help feeling that for $400 at weekend there is better value to be had in a more convenient location in the village of Carmel. My partner loved it but she does not pay the bill. It did however tick all the boxes on the romantic location.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MatureStudent

Reviewed May 17, 2007

one of the best hotel i have ever stayed.. breath taking view and very good service with amenities ( evening wine and cheese on terrace) will make the stay a great expereince... turn left from the drive way and you will be cruising along the most scenic drive in U.S

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank codingboy
Reviewed March 14, 2007

This is an old friend to those of us who have been around Carmel since 1960...oh dear! The property sits above the Highlands Inn, just above Hwy 1 10 minutes south of Carmel-on-the-Sea, facing both the open ocean and a beautiful cove. Personally, the rooms with a cove view are much more interesting to me--waves, foam, and rocks make for constantly changing moods--the ocean rooms look at rather static blue water (OK, I'm a jaded native, but they also see the whales migrating). The rooms are quiet--the surf almost cancels out the traffic noise during the day; at night there is no traffic. They are well appointed, sometimes quirky, but that's a good thing for someone who travels the world a lot. I probably cross the Atlantic 4 times a year and live in Europe and in the US, and I like boutique properties. Beds are extremely comfortable--pillow top mattresses with an assortment of pillows soft and firm. Baths are recently re-done with polished travertine tile. For the ladies, 5X mirror and nice posh magazines, cozy bathrobes. Wine and cheese 4:30-6 on the glassed-in deck, very friendly staff and helpers. A bottle of Spanish bubbly-wine is your welcome, delivered to your room when you check in. Classic DVDs are free, the included breakfast is generous and can be ordered to your own balcony/deck. This is a wonderful property that I will come back to again and again. We had room 10 and loved the view and balcony. March 12 and 13; temp was around 75(!)

Stayed: March 2007
12  Thank CA-CH-FR
Reviewed February 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed here the last week in January. It is everything other reviewers say. Great views. We sat and watched whales for hours. My wife couldn't remember when I sat that long with the tv off. Happy hour was a real treat with plenty of snacks and good wine. Rather than reiterate the raves, which are true, I'll give a minor caveat to those of you who, like me are sensitive to sound. We originally were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It was perfect with one exception. We were on the second floor and the folks upstairs seemed to have a basketball game going on. Later, I discovered that the noise was really due to the extensive use of wood decks. Also, when we went to bed, we heard the neighbors TV until 1:30. It didn't bother my wife, but it annoyed me. I don't think they had the tv too loud, the walls, at least in the one-bedroom units, were a little thin. The next day we asked to be moved and went to a studio type room know as the Crows' Nest. It was a lot smaller and not quite as nice but it was quiet with great views. We loved it. We will go back but I will be in the Crows' Nest or a top floor room. Wonderful place.

I also want to mention the excellent service. Everyone was great.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Tgreen
Reviewed February 7, 2007

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at Tickle Pink Inn. Due to our late reservation, we ended up in the very last room on the top level of the Inn. We didn't have much of an ocean view but we still had a great view of the cove below. We spent four days at the Inn and enjoyed every day. We especially enjoyed relaxing on the balcony and the communal area for breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese tasting. After a hectic week in the 100+ degree valley, the coast was perfect.

The only negative I can think of is when we first arrived at around 9:00pm, there was no food to be had without driving except very expensive room service from the nearby Highland Inn. I'm happy to say this was our only negative experience while staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eresh
Reviewed January 18, 2007

As part of our honeymoon (driving the Pacific Coast Highway), we spent two nights at the Tickle Pink Inn in October 2006. Once we found the place, we thought it was beautiful. Basically, the Inn is tucked into the cliffs right along the ocean. As soon as we got out the car, we smelled the great aroma of wood burning fireplaces. Although our room did not have a fireplace, we did book a room with an ocean/cove view, and it was amazing! To wake up and go to sleep right next to the ocean while smelling a fire was so relaxing. The room itself was gorgeous and extremely clean, and the bathroom was stunning. It had a great bathtub! I believe the Inn boasts their bedding - with good reason. It was the most comfortable bedding we've slept in! I believe it was all down. Very cozy and comfortable. We really enjoyed the evening wine and cheese and morning breakfasts. You dine in a covered and heated outdoor patio. So even though it was chilly in the morning, the patio was heated enough to keep you warm. We spent a lot of time exploring Carmel and Big Sur while staying at the Tickle Pink Inn; however, we enjoyed every minute we were there, and the location, tucked into the cliffs, really made our experience memorable.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Newlyweds1006
Reviewed December 27, 2006

We spent 2 nights in mid-December in Room 4 and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a suite with a living room, complete with fireplace, flat screen TV, and incredible views out to the ocean. The room was immaculate and service at the hotel was very good. We were welcomed quickly, complimentary champagne and a small box of chocolates arrived shortly after we did, and the staff assisted us with dinner reservations.

The wine and cheese on the terrace is a treat each evening. A selection of red, white, and sparkling local wines are available, along with a pretty extensive selection of cheeses, bread and crackers, and some pickles, peppers, and olives. On a chilly night in December, sitting by the fireplace and enjoying wine and the ocean was a great way to unwind.

Breakfast also gets high marks. It's also complimentary, and we chose to have it delivered to our room. A quick call to room service was all that was needed. The choices were pretty extensive: muffins, croissants, bagels, or toast; yogurt, granola, and oatmeal. Eggs florentine was a sort of crustless quiche, or fritatta, with egg and cheese and spinach, accompanied by ham. That plus juice, coffee or tea ... and of course, the view that goes on forever.

On the Friday evening we were there it was pouring rain, so we simply walked next door to the Hyatt and had a casual dinner in that property's California Marketplace restaurant. So, if you want, you don't even have to get in your car and drive. But if you do, it's a quick 8 minute drive into town, or about 2 minutes to the beautiful Point Lobos state preserve, with trails and spectacular views.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple