“First stay in Carmel”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Virginia
“First stay in Carmel”
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My wife and I had a very nice room with a great view. They delivered a bottle of champagne to our room as a welcome gesture when we arrived. They also serve a better than average continental breakfast. Wine and cheese served daily from 4:30-6:30pm. Also good.

They claim that they searched around the world for the most comfortable bedding. They met this claim. I just wish they had applied the same principle to their bath towels. They were cheap and felt so on the skin.

I feel the place is a bit pricey based upon comparables. The staff is nice but I got the feeling that "it was just a job" for them.

Overall we had a nice time but we would look at other options prior to visiting again.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — Did not feel we received the value for our money
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JCalabrese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2006

The View from our balcony was nice but the hotel itself is outdated. Hello?! You pay a lot of money for that lopsided motel bed. Come one where is the pillowtop mattress and feather pillows??? And the carpet is a dirty peach color yuck. I left a piece of jewelry in the bathroom and when we went back to get it ...gone...when we went to ask the front desk staff if anyone had turned it in they made me feel so stupid for being forgetful and leaving my ring behind. They became even more nasty when I told them we would have to file a police report for insurance purposes. I'm sure the staff member who has my ring is long gone in Mexico by now...

I won't go back because of the unfriendly front desk women and saggy bed.

• Liked — The balcony view
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Tips/Secrets — choose the hotel next to it...
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jaksparrow
CT
Reviewed August 16, 2006

We stayed for 2 nights at the Tickle Pink while in the area for a wedding. Based on the glowing reviews, I expected a beautiful and relaxing inn. While the view is indeed wonderful, you don't sleep on the deck... I was completely underwhelmed by the room (#21). Not only was the carpet dirty but the furnishings were dated at best. There was no fitted sheet on the bed; they had used a full sheet so it kept coming undone during the night. The bathroom was more modern but closet-sized (the tub was so skinny that the shower curtain was constantly rubbing up against you while you showered). We had to ask the front desk for our complimentary champagne rather than having it in our room when we arrived the first afternoon. The meager breakfast was at least pretty tasty but real room service would have been much better. For $350/night you can do better.

I would NOT stay at this inn again.

• Stayed August 2006
11 Thank SSKD
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2006

Stayed here for 2 wonderful days and nights and used it as a base to explore Carmel, the upper part of The Big Sur and the local nature reserve
We stayed in room 14 and our teenage children in The Senator's Cottage-both blissful and beautifully furnished and extremely clean.
The views are so very memorable despite the morning clouds/fog and cool temperatures and when the sun comes out in the afternoon it is magnificent !
The beds and linens are excellent quality and we slept so well listening to the sea.
The breakfast was continental but fresh and wholesome and thoroughly enjoyed.Evening cheeses and wine was a lovely touch served in the lounge area which had a log fire with quiet background classical music.
My husband and I intend returning for our 25th anniversary as this has a special place in our hearts and our memories.
Do book and enjoy it for yourselves!

Stayed July 2006
6 Thank Drtravelinstyle
Houston
Reviewed July 18, 2006

The Tickle Pink was more than we imagined it could be. Our room was fantastic and the views were stunning. The Staff was frendly and actually acted like they wanted to help. We had hoped The Pink would be close to our expectaions but found they exceeded them in every way.
We'll be back.

Bob in Houston

• Liked — rooms, views, staff
  • Disliked — wireless internet
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BHnTX
London, England
Reviewed July 4, 2006

We stayed a night at this inn en route from Yosemite to Los Angeles. I would have to say that our opinion is coloured by the fog and chill that enveloped it, and made the view and the terrace irrelevant. The room was nice if overstuffed, the bed was pretty comfortable, the staff pleasant enough.

But the 'breakfast' was totally unacceptable for a hotel of this size and price. I cannot believe that we did not get fresh orange juice, that the oatmeal was a packet of presweetened junk served with some luke warm water, the coffee stewed. Just appalling. Plus the serving staff spoke so little English we might as well have been in Albania.

My advice is find a diner in town, or eat at the next door Hyatt.

I really don't think this place is value for money, but maybe if the sun had shone....who knows?

• Stayed June 2006
14 Thank jonwilks
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2006

My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversarry with our first trip to San Franscisco Bay area. After 4 activity packed days of Cable Cars, Redwoods, Napa, Alcatraz, 17 mile drive, etc, I purposely put the Tickle Pink at the end of our journey. Am I ever glad I did.

Our room was 19 and the view was fantastic, we watched the sunset over a bootle of wine both nights and relaxed from our deck. I have to say that time gave us some of the fondest memories of a great trip.

No complaints other than if your a big breakfast type of person, you may be a bit disappointed. But you forget about it come the afternoon Wine and Cheese.

Couldn't afford it too often, but if you want something special it will not let you down.

• Stayed June 2006