“Perfect holidays and new year's eve”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This place is a hidden gem in the Pacific coast. They take care of every detail, from wine&cheese in a deck during the afternoon to a welcome bottle of champagne. The views are breathtaking and the location is superb. Prices are above average but worth paying if you are looking for a different hotel experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It is a very peaceful place to spend the Holidays. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Tickle Pink Inn

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I travel quite frequently for business around the world. We both agree that the Tickle Pink Inn is our favorite place to stay. We love the gorgeous ocean views, the cheese and wine at sunset, and the friendly staff. Carmel by the Sea, Point Lobos State Park, and Pebble Beach are all within a short distance.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troy B

Thank you for the kind review. The views are indeed gorgeous. We hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was my birthday week-end. We were greeted with a bottle of Champagne. The room over looking the cove was lovely. Breakfast, afternoon wine & cheese was perfect. Fantastic ocean view, sunset over the water and moon rise behind the hill....romantic! Easy trip to Big Sur. We love the stay and will be back again soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patcharine
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

A sunset and moonrise...Beautiful! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We spent last weekend at this hotel. Wonderful rooms overlooking the ocean, big room, bathroom could be bigger, but it was fine. Afternoon wine and cheese is well done. Breakfast overlooking the ocean is great. Good selection of wines, cheeses, good service for housekeeping, front desk. All were friendly and accommodating . Breakfast and wine afternoon included in the price and was generous and delicious.
We will be back again.

Room Tip: Good value, great location
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pecosbill12
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our amenities.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We we were looking forward to our short trip down to this beautiful town, but really kinda of disappointed in the experience. I will say the room was very nice decorated well, comfortable bed large bathroom, and welcoming chocolates and wine. Now the bad we came in the first night late but there was a pleasant woman to greet us, she did not explain very well how to get to our room and they had so much construction tape and roped areas off with little signage it was difficult in such a small boutique inn.Took us a good 15-20 minutes to figure out where our room was and ow to get to it. Now we get into the room and open up the sliding door to road noise down below, I was really surprised.This property is on the other side of the highway and you here the noise bounce off the walls. No ocean sounds at all. We couldn't see the ocean as it was dark only the roof tops of the other rooms. We had a very nice comfortable bed which was so great as I have lower back problems and this was perfect for me! We had a family that was above us, and they had small children that really ran in the room and made a a lot of noises. Not the the children's fault but the parents in my opinion. We travelled all over with our kids from 6 months old and taught them to be respectful in hotel rooms and hallways as they might wake someone up, but apparently this family didn't have the same respect for others. I believe they must have a had a ball of some sort as you could hear the plunk plunk plunk and then running like they were trying to catch it. So, about 1:30 am they finally settled down, but early 6:00 biy they were back up and just full of it!!! So, dang upsetting. You know the Inn wasn't really at fault but I just couldn't listen to another night of that if they were staying above us. So, we went to the small breakfast and couldn't find the location as the blockage of hallway and no signage. So I went to the front desk and asked and the nice lady asked how my night was I explained and she apologized said she would look into what was available for the second night if I wanted to come back after we ate.(very nice) My husband and I went to the breakfast room and it was so small and tight with one other couple and you guessed it the family of 5. Wow just amazing how they behaved in the small breakfast room. So we got up and went out to the patio next door where they closed a room and used the outside area for breakfast, not really optimal with one table dirty and only one chair that was too low for the table we just got up and left. When I checked back in with the front desk , she had one other room that was I guess much bigger and nicer than our room and offered it for double the price!!! I was flabbergasted so I declined and just went back to our room. My husband called a few other places but no luck for that night! So we endured they rude parents above us and did not even attempt the breakfast the next morning got up ready and left cause we couldn't even sit outside and enjoy looking at the ocean as our neighbors were there!!! So, I guess I would maybe try this again under different circumstances with the inn's construction done, and making a reservation that would not have anyone on top of our room or maybe farthest away from street .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Swilley64
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

We wish to thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy review. We are all very grateful that our renovation work is complete...and thank all of you that endured it along with us. We are also very sorry that you had such a poor experience with "noisy" guests. Our Night Manager has been informed to keep a closer eye on such occurrences. We are hopeful that you may be able to return some day...and have a more positive stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What you see from the parking area of The Tickle Pink Inn, in no way provides a hint of the fantastic room and view that awaits. I do not know what the view is from other parts of the hotel because we did not want to leave our room, but I will say that the panorama that you are treated to from room 31 is nothing short of breathtaking! Move the balcony furniture around a little bit and you are treated to a fantastic view of the Pacific while sitting in the whirlpool tub inside of the room.

Skip room service though, which is provided by the hotel next door (Hyatt, I think). The food we had was not good at all.

Room Tip: I can only speak for room 31 and will say that if you plan your stay to be able to be in that room y...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

All of our rooms do face out towards the ocean (and away from the parking lot). I am pleased #31 was to your liking. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband I and stayed here in early March to celebrate our babymoon and my birthday and we were very happy. This place hits all the marks for a pregnant lady and dad-to-be. Upon arrival, we were brought delicious sparkling non-alcoholic cider and a box of chocolates. The warm cookies in the lobby and afternoon wine (for him) and sparkling cider (for me) and cheese reception satisfied my constant urge to snack. I slept wonderfully in the soft bed and took several relaxing baths in the big tub. At night we watched movies we checked out from the front desk from the super nice and professional staff. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean from which I could see migrating whales passing by.

The Tickle Pink Inn is a short drive to Carmel, Monterey, and Pacific Grove. All cities have great restaurants. We're an outdoorsy couple, so we spent most of our trip in nearby Point Lobos State Park. It's a great spot for hiking and watching wildlife like whales, sea otters, and sea lions. Make sure you pack your binoculars and cameras!

Our stay at the Tickle Pink was a very romantic and memorable experience and I highly recommend it for any couples considering it as a babymoon spot.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor. You won't hear any highway noise; they're much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hellohaven

Congratulations!
I am glad you were both able to rest and relax during your time here together. Hope to see you again.