“Idyllic retreat - stunning views”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Well, where to start with this hotel? It really is like no-where else I’ve ever stayed before, and I mean that in a good way. Really smooth check in, quite a few steps involved getting to the room but I’ll gladly gloss over that and anyway the porter did offer to help us. The hotel knew this trip was for my husbands 50th birthday and there was champagne and chocolates waiting for us on arrival – lovely touch. The room was huge with a lounge area that included an open fire, and a bedroom area that included a whirlpool bath. Absolutely stunning views over the bay, great at any time of day.
Every evening there is a wine and cheese reception which is a lovely idea, and this can be enjoyed either indoors in front of the fire or on the heated outdoor terrace watching the sun go down. The hotel is quite remote and there aren’t many eating options in the vicinity although I gather there is an arrangement with the Hyatt property next door and they will deliver food. Here’s my tip.........go into Carmel for a lovely languid lunch, stop off and buy snacks on the way back to the hotel, enjoy the wine and cheese reception, hire a DVD from reception (no charge), light your fire, watch your DVD and eat your snacks – BLISS!!
I must give a special shout out to the lady on reception (sorry didn’t get her name) when I asked for help due to excruciating toothache. She went out of her way to help and I’m very grateful.
Tickle Pink Inn truly is a special place

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist with your toothache. Hope you are feeling better and hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was not our first stay at Tickle Pink Inn. We had stayed here about ten years ago. This time we had room 23. What a wonderful view from the room. The bathroom was a nice size and so was the room. ..extremely spacious and quiet. Even though we went in the summer, we had the fireplace on every night. The breakfast was wonderful and I couldn't have been more pleased with the reception. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the room. We needed to leave early on our departure day and they gave us our checkout receipt the night before. We recommend Tickle Pink Inn to anyone staying around Carmel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Room 23 is an excellent location..views are wonderful, room extremely spacious as well as the bathro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ctgvacation
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

There is something to be said about our "coastal fog" during the summer. Toasting with champagne in front of the firpelace! We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 20th anniversary. The room was spotless and well maintained daily and offered exceptional views from the large balcony. Upon arrival, a bottle of champagne and chocolates arrived, the person who made my reservation asked if the stay was for a special occasion, and they followed through, a nice touch. Breakfast is served daily, and while not extraordinary, it's a definite step up from plain old continental and gives you the opportunity to have a bite and coffee before starting the day. It's served in a lovely area with both indoor and outdoor tables, with heaters outdoors. The staff keeps an eye out that things are restocked as needed, so there is plenty to choose from. There is a small, but beautifully designed hot tub that we enjoyed during our stay, with surprisingly no other guests on each visit, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Good location with easy access to main roads, but high above them, so you really only enjoy the sounds of the water with outstanding views.

Room Tip: Rooms with a full view are worth the splurge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LDKSRK

We are glad you enjoyed your anniversary getaway and were able to enjoy all the amenities the Inn has to offer.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I don't even know where to start with this place. It's a slice of heaven! My fiancé and I stayed for two nights in a Ocean front suite/hot tub room. We were in room 34. I requested a upstairs room, but they were all taken, but trust me if you get "stuck" with a lower room....it's still breathtaking!

The noise level for a lower room isn't bad. Yes, we heard the people upstairs, but only in our bathroom (and you can shut the door to the bathroom which decreased the sound even more) and only when they put their hot tub on. It was more of a "humming" sound....it wasn't ridiculously annoying or anything. I'm guessing we got lucky with the people above us? Because we didn't hear them at all....just the hot tub when they used it.

Breakfast was extremely nice and I enjoyed every bit of it!

I REALLY enjoyed the complementary wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers. The view was GORGEOUS! It was so nice to sit and enjoy wine and food while viewing the beautiful sunset.

Tickle Pink does have room service, but it's limited. They have a snack menu and an extensive wine list. My fiancé and I didn't want to drive anywhere for dinner, so on both nights, we ordered dinner from the Hyatt-- that was bought to us in our room --the Hyatt is literally next door, so service was quick. There is a Hyatt dinner menu in each room. The food was delicious. Room service for both places ends at 10pm.

This place really pays attention to the little details. I was bummed out because I had forgotten candles (to put by the hot tub), but to my surprise, there were some in the room that we could use. I thought that was a nice touch. The showers are nice and big and they even have a phone by the toilet.

The TV is not in a fixed place...which we really liked. You can swivel the TV to the living room area if you wanted to watch something on the couch) ,towards the bed, or even watch a movie/show while relaxing in the hot tub.

The view was PHENOMENAL from the balcony (and everywhere else in and around the Inn) and service was GREAT ---they really try to accommodate your every need and want.

For some, the price for this particular room could be an issue, but obviously they have other rooms that are cheaper. It was actually an issue for me, so that is why I waited until they had their WINTER rates (20% off a room) and we went on a weekDAY. It was considerably cheaper and worth it! The weather was extremely nice for the month of January and it was pretty warm.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank S E
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

We are pleased you appreciated all the little details and were able to take advantage of our "Winter" rates. It is hard to believe it is winter with the spectacular weather we have be having. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my favorite hotel in the Carmel area. It is quite, well managed, and offers a true sense of unity with the Big Sur environment. The rooms are excellent, and the staff is exceptional. The room décor is very appealing. I recommend this hotel highly, make reservations well in advance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IAM576
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

The enviroment and views are indeed beautiful, and are a large reason why guests come to visit us. I believe the staff plays just as important of a role, if not more so, and I am very pleased that you found them exceptional. Thank you.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

First, the setting of this lovely inn floats above the Pacific on the hillside of Carmel Heights, just at Heaven’s private entry. The inn itself is an unpretentious yet elegantly appointed and thoroughly spotless retreat. The sound of waves breaking a hundred feet or so below mixed with the sound of wood crackling in the fireplace soothed all the demons out of our souls, and enjoying that while drifting off to sleep on sumptuous bedding allowed us to at least dream we’d arrived in heaven. All the touches, from the pleasant, friendly, professional staff who attended us, to the room appointments and bath accoutrements, to the champagne, chocolates and firewood delivered to us, to the excellent continental breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese soiree, all of it lived up to our hopes for a sweet and romantic holiday. We certainly thank everyone at Tickle Pink Inn, and we’ll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view, balcony, and fireplace is superb.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

It sounds like you were able to enjoy all that the Inn has to offer. I am very glad it lived up to all of your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked the Tickle Pink Inn for 1 night before Christmas for 2 families. The location is breathtaking, a wonderful view over the ocean! We had the cheese and wine reception on the terrace and sipped our wine enjoying the excepcional view. Sitting on the terrace is very romantic with great scenery. The rooms were cozy and with a chimnea. One night was just not enough to enjoy the hotel and surrounding to the fullest! The next morning we ordered a breakfast in the suite we had booked and it was delivered without extra cost at the time we wanted it, fresh fruits, pastry, hot chocolate and coffee etc., it was more than enough!
The suite was just amazing in space and cozyness, big bathroom, big fluffy beds and a nice chimnea with a great view.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites, it's definitely worth it considering the extra space and the great vi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SusanneVIE
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

There is definitely plenty to see in the area. We are glad you chose to spend part of your family vacation with us. Hope to see you again!