“Location, location, location”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Me and my sister stayed at Tickle Pink Inn for 2 nights in early September as part of a 12-day, California road trip. The location of the hotel was superb, the suite was spacious and the view from the balcony was absolutely beautiful. Very convenient for Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey and Route 1 with all the spectacular scenery the coast has to offer. The absolute highlight for me was arriving late afternoon and seeing two pods of humpback whales (about 40-50 in total) about a mile out at sea and right in front of us. Absolutely awe-inspiring and something I'll never forget. If you want a peaceful location where you can fall asleep listening to the sound of the ocean, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RunPip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

What can I say other than it was everything I was expecting and more. I loved the tone and ambience of the hotel, very classy, quiet and upper crust. I was delighted to stay at this hotel, enjoyed the pampering and fine wine and cheese, champagne and chocolates and rose upon my arrival with a set of slippers and robes waiting for me and my husband. We enjoyed our own private deck and had. A gorgeous view of the pacific. The wine and cheese hour was beautiful and I wish I was there for more than a single night, so we Missed the complimentary breakfast and had to depart to continue our PCH journey. Would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was wonderful, the service splendid and it was a customers dream of being pampered.

Room Tip: Request a room and deck that faces the ocean. Beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at Tickle Pink for two nights in early September. Our room (#15) had an amazing view. The room itself was good sized and comfortable. We were welcomed with a rose, a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us.
The afternoon wine & cheese (plus more!) in the Terrace Lounge is a great wind-down before dinner and the continental breakfast (also in the same place) offers plenty of variety (and some really good pastries!) The lounge has a great view of the cove in the open area plus an indoor area for those who prefer.
There is an outdoor spa area that looks lovely (however, we didn't use it).
Others have mentioned parking - there isn't a lot but enough for the guests. Often during the day staff will use it, but you can squeeze in. The lot itself is very small, so sometimes it's an adventure to back out and turn around. The inn doesn't have much for grounds - the view is its selling point.
The inn is pricey, but I would still recommend it - sitting on the balcony watching the sunset is worth the price!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were getting married in Pebble Beach and we weren't sure where we were going to stay - The Tickle Pink Inn was mentioned one morning on KTLA Channel 5 News as one of the top most romantic places to stay. I'm glad we decided to reserve one of the suites for our 4 day stay in Carmel before flying on to the remainder of our honeymoon. The view was amazing, the remodeled bathroom was exceptional, the jacuzzi tub & fireplace were romantic touches, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in my entire life! However, it was the little details of having a container of fresh ground coffee in the room so that we could make an actual full pot of coffee, the complimentary breakfast every morning delivered to our room, and the fresh baked cookies every night that really stood out to us. The road below the room was overlooked since there's nothing we could do about it. I do think the decor in the rooms could be updated; however, we left there feeling peaceful, relaxed and with no question that we would return on our anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days at this establishment. The hotel is in a beautiful area of Carmel with our room having a spectacular view of the ocean and a nearby cove. However, the hotel itself feels more like a motel than a luxury resort. Our room was relatively small especially in view of the $400 a night charge. Upon arriving we inquired as to whether the bed coverlet, bedspread and decorative pillows were cleaned after each stay and were advised that they were only cleaned occasionally. We requested that they be removed from the room for the time we were to be there. Upon inspection the sheets had holes in them and the bed pillows were old and flat as a pancake. The parking lot for the hotel is too small to accommodate all of the vehicles that must use it when the hotel if fully occupied making it almost impossible to get in and out of the lot. The breakfasts are hit or miss with some days being better than others. There are no grounds at this hotel with only a small outdoor jacuzzi. The staff is very friendly and try to accommodate as best they can. Two nights we did not receive turn down service even though we requested it for each night of our stay. There is no air conditioning so we had to sleep with our balcony door open to cool down the room. Unfortunately there is no screen on the door so insects would come in the room. One morning we were woken up at 5:30 am by our next door neighbors' moving chairs on their balcony and talking. Overall our stay was pleasant but not memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

While we do not consider ourselves a luxury resort, we are very sorry that these guests anticipated us as such...and were therefore disappointed. We are a small intimate Inn that features rooms and suites of varying sizes and configurations. Our bedding includes Italian-crafted 100% Egyptian cotton (500 thread count) linens, and hypoallergenic Siberian and European goose down comforters and pillows...all of which are cleaned daily, if not regularly. As turndown service is not normally provided, it was our pleasure to provide it...one evening was unfortunately missed due to a misunderstanding (we came too early, and waited to be called back). The need for air conditioning is very uncommon in the Carmel area due to its proximity to the ocean (fog and coastal breezes)...and as we noted in a previous response, the sliders do not have screen doors because guests claim it detracts from the view (it was they who actually told us to remove them). We appreciate the fact that these guests thought our staff to be very friendly and that their overall stay was pleasant. We are very sorry, however, that we did not meet their expectations as we truly strive to make everyone's stay an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We came down to Carmel for an overnight to see Lewis Black at Sunset Center, and although we could have stayed almost next door to that venue, we decided to stay about 10 min. outside Carmel south at Tickle Pink.
It is without doubt extremely expensive, but you DO get what you pay for... we had a complimentary bottle of champagne as well as a cheese & fruit platter (grapes) that was a pleasant surprise. Room 30 (suite) has a jetted whirlpool next to the king bed (honeymooners take note), the bathroom is huge (although it only has a single sink...in this day & age double sinks are de riguer), and the living room has a fireplace with a tiny kitchenette sink, frig & microwave.
Breakfast was superb..lots of choices from juice, to cereal, to eggs, ham, etc. Terrific coffee and pastries galore. Plus the Terrace Room where breakfast is served 7-10am gives you a view of the Pacific well worth the price of admission (I.e. staying here).
While we wouldn't (and couldn't) afford TWO nights here, ONE is certainly memorable enough to feel like TWO!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BLanceG
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Saw this place 25 years ago...finally came back and stayed!
From the robes and slippers to the awesome views and Happy Hour and location...this is the place to stay.
Be sure to ask about your room view...I called months in ahead and was told the cove view was just as good as the ocean view... and I think it would have been if I had one of the cove views that didn't have the lower roof in my view, as well. That was the only negative...bummed me out because I called so far in advance.
Don't miss a hike at Pt Lobos!

1  Thank buckeyetravel1981