“Absolutely amazing”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
WDM Iowa
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I were on a 'second honeymoon" for our 27th anniversary and this could not have been a better hotel for us. Breath taking views of both the cove and ocean, a bottle of wine and chocolates were waiting for us in our room at check in since they knew it was our anniversary. We used the hot tub both nights and had it all to ourselves! Looking up at the stars while in the spa was amazing. Their wine/cheese happy hour was lovely out on the Terrace Patio from 4;30-6. Breakfast was nice, not outstanding but at least it is served from 7-10 every day and you can have it delivered to your room at no extra charge. We also rented old classic movies each night after a long day of touring and exploring. You MUST drive Big Sur in a convertible if you can and visit the Point Lo Bos State Park...we saw seals with their pups and whales migrating...the hotel will let you check out binoculars! We had lunch and shopped at Carmel by the Sea area, ate a fabulous dinner at Mission Ranch Inn (Clint Eastwood owned) and ordered dinner from Pacific Edge restaurant at the hotel next door for some late night food.
It could not have been a nicer hotel, rooms with views and every detail spot on! One of our favorite memories from our trip to CA! We stayed in Room #5 and we liked it as you had both cove and ocean views and you could pull your car right up in front of room...no stairs for luggage!

Room Tip: The hotel said that rooms 5 and 15 are the most popular and we loved room #5
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hlgrace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived a little early,room was ready. Check in was flawless, staff was pleasant and helpful. Stayed in room 17 ocean View. We were not prepared for how beautiful views truly are. Complementary champagne and rose on arrival. There are very few restaurants immediately surrounding hotel but Carmel by the sea is only about three miles from hotel. Bed was one of the most comfortable I've been in. I highly recommend this hotel during your visit to Carmel area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William J
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was by far the nicest hotel room we've ever stayed in. The views are unreal, we took pictures and it just doesn't capture the view and feeling you get when overlooking the ocean. We got a jacuzzi suite which was huge. Champagne upon arrival was a nice touch. I wish we could have stayed more than one night! And there's a nice restaurant right down the street called Pacific's Edge. The outdoor hot tub was the icing on the cake.

Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tickle Pink Inn is one of a kind. You can't beat the size, location and attention to details at this place. It is very close to the Hyatt, which we tried one time, and the Tickle Pink Inn was SO much better! It is deceiving from the outside, but the rooms are amazing! This is probably one of my all time favorite small hotels in the U.S. A great place for an anniversary surprise or just a weekend get-a-way. You will love this place!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet. The views are amazing!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Took my wife away for her birthday, and had a Great experience at the Tinkle Pink Inn. I would highly recommend this place. The views were great and the room we had was awesome, and the staff was very friendly. I am definitely planning a return trip and look forward to staying longer.

1 Thank hayesmc
chicai
Reviewed April 18, 2013

You pay for the views. We stayed in room 28 for 3 nights during our trip for our 5 year anniversary. We couldn't check in until 3pm which was fine. When we got in our room they brought us champagne and chocolates. Each night though they forgot our " bottles of water" which is supposed to be included each night. The views were wonderful. Cove and ocean. It was a nice end unit too. The breakfast was nothing special but I liked the cheese reception which was a nice touch. The room is VERY dated. The pictures make the bathroom look way nicer. The fireplace was a nice though and we used it each day. They have a hot tub which was out of service for 1.5 days, which was a bummer bc I wanted to use it. I did though when it was up and running. Also there were spiders in our room...eek!

Overall: pricey-but think about what you get..views, champagne and chocolates, breakfast, cheese/wine. factor all that. Outdated rooms. I think I would stay elsewhere next time too, because the entire area you get amazing views and we weren't in the room that much anyway bc we were too busy exploring! Also room 28 is awesome, but if I were to stay I would stay in rooms 30 and up ( more privacy) for the price. ( it will cost you more though!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eestewar
philadelphia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I spend two wonderful days at the Tickle Pink Inn in early April. We had viewed the photos of our suite, #31, in advance, but you have to be there to appreciate the room and the view. It was so comfortable we didn't want to leave to go touring the area, though we did. I didn't see the other rooms and suites, but you can't go wrong with #31, which is typically highlighted in their brochures. The private deck, jacuzzi tub, the dreamy bed, and the fireplace make it a very comfortable place to relax. It's pricey, but we think you get your money's worth. It includes various goodies such as a bottle of champagne and breakfast in bed, as well as a nice evening reception of wine and cheese. My only critique was that they could mix up the selection of cheese each evening for those who are staying more than one night. But the cheese, and the wine, were delicious. Before getting a reservation, try to get a sense of the view from the various rooms -- some have better views than others. The staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are clearly the best, and most expensive. I suspect 31, where we stayed, and 32 are the...
1 Thank prosier