Tickle Pink Inn
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$159
Official Site
$649
  • Pool
$225
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$147
$520
$462
Cancelon
1,179 results
All reviewschampagne and chocolateswine and cheese receptioncove viewground coffeesparkling cidercarmel highlandsstarbucks coffeebig surhot tuboverlooking the oceancrackersevery afternoonlarge balconyroad noiseromantic hotellounge chairswatching the sunset
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I travel quite a bit and we generally stay at 5 star hotels. When I brought my wife here for her birthday we were blown away. The view is absolutely amazing (you have to get an ocean view room). We were welcomed with a nice bottle of champagne, chocolates, and a rose which was a very classy touch. The room smelt like someone recently used the fireplace but only used cozy smelling, "comfort" wood (pine maybe? I have no idea). The breakfast in the morning was pretty good but the view, classical music, and breakfast room made it an amazing experience. I kept looking at other people in the room, thinking that they must be famous or filthy rich to be here. In other words I felt like I was dining with royalty. This is now our special place that we come when we need a good escape.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a romantic getaway and stayed one night in the Senator's Cottage before going to Monterrey. Our room was very charming, we loved the privacy of our cottage and best of all the patio is AMAZING. The views were amazing, the service was wonderful and the food was great. The wine at sunset is very romantic and they offer heaters because it’s a little cold in the evenings. It was a great way to start our vacation and I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area. There is a state park nearby and I highly recommend that one morning if you have the time.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Senator's Cottage!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BevaRocket
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Clean and charming inn. No complaints other than we couldn't stay another night. Wonderful breakfast!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amj1950
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is basically a very fancy motel, but worth it for the views alone!

Wine and cheese on the deck each eveing, a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room, and simply amazing views out to sea.

we only stopped for one night but well worth it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David L
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I guess the best way to sum up our review is that the girlfriend wanted to give it a 6 out of 5. She apparently never wanted to leave and come home with me. You have to book well in advance is our first bit of advice and ensure you plan your arrival day to get there for the Wine and Cheese reception the inn puts on for the guests. It runs 4-6pm, but as other reviews pointed it out it went longer on the day we were there. The room we selected had a wood burning fire place, pre-arranged and ready to go. It was well worth the selection of a room with an ocean view and higher balcony (we stayed in room 20). We drew a pair of binoculars from the front desk (free of charge) and enjoyed complimentary champagne and chocolates while watching the whales from our room! Breakfast was very good (expanded continental breakfast) served right to our room in the morning. Starbucks coffee in the rooms as well. Fresh roses topped the room off that we found to be more than adequate in size. We made sure we stayed right until noon to enjoy every minute and though it is expensive the service, views and rooms are worth the splurge. Last note, was that it is a couple minutes out of Carmel town (proper) but we enjoyed the Hyatt Highlands restaurant next door (Pacific Edge) and it was the perfect meal to compliment our stay at the Tickle Pink Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple