Tickle Pink Inn
$199
$179
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

Pine Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$193
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$229
Official Website
$401
Relais & Châteaux
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $448/night.

Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$184
$145
Orbitz.com
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$425
$809
$659
Priceline
1,185 results
All reviewschampagne and chocolateswine and cheese receptioncove viewground coffeesparkling cidercarmel highlandsstarbucks coffeebig surhot tuboverlooking the oceancrackersevery afternoonlarge balconyroad noiseromantic hotellounge chairswatching the sunset
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Beautiful inn with breathtaking views of the ocean. Really nice folks running the hotel. Room was nice and clean. Free bottle of Champagne at night and a nice free breakfast delivered to the room in the morning. Much nicer than the Hyatt next door.

Room Tip: Ocean view terrace a must
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen_Mark12
Reviewed August 20, 2011

TicklePink offers privacy and a view unlike any other in my California experience. I have lived in California and travelled it extensively. If I was to suggest just 1 location and accommodation to see and feel the true natural beauty of California-TicklePink would be it. The number of rooms is limited and the privacy of our suite was absolute. It felt like we had the coastal view all to ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug D
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed only one night for our anniversary - and I suspect most of the other couples were there for the same. The motel like exterior gave way to a comfortable, well-appointed room (if not spacious). The ocean views are incredible and the semi-private balcony was a nice touch. In a great location allowing easy access to Carmel/Monterey or the Big Sur area. The included breakfast can be delivered to your room and was decent. Our stay was only slightly marred by the noise of light construction work going on right outside the door.

2  Thank awatanuki
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The service we received at the TP was incredible. The staff was very accomodating. The room was beyond nice. We stayed in room 6 (fireplace suite). The balcony was large and gave us the opportunity to see the beautiful coastline. The location was perfect. The TP is right on a cliff so we were able to sit on the balcony/deck and have breakfast each morning. We did not make it to the lounge for breakfast, we had it on our balcony. Warning: dont leave the food unattended on the balcony because the birds will come and take your food!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Tickle Pink Inn really delivered. My girlfriend and I decided to stay here for our second anniversary. It was such a great decision. For some perspective, it was a mostly older crowd here. Retired/middle aged. However, my girlfriend and I are in our early 20's.

Check-in was quick and simple. The ladies at the front office are so kind and courteous. At $400-500 a night, you might expect snooty service. Not at all here. They had warm, soft cookies available also. We checked out a pair of binoculars based on reviews. They also have updated their movie collection, which includes a ton of classics as well as new releases. Because they are so popular and we only booked a couple months in advance, we had a room move in the middle of our stay. (Tickle Pink Inn is one of those hotels that reserves specific rooms when you make a reservation rather than assigning the room at check-in). I will get into the room move later...It went smoothly.

They rooms are categorized as having some of or all of the following: partial view, ocean view, balcony, fireplace, hot tub. Depending on the price, your room will have some or all of these characteristics. Our first room was the ocean view with fireplace for two nights. It was so warm and cozy in this room. At first, we were worried about noise based on the location (I won't give it away, because I don't want you to request it!). However, it ended up being the perfect spot noise-wise and no one ever parked near our room. (parking was never an issue here, even with no vacancy).

The beds were very comfy. I've never slept with a duvet before. I didn't even use the sheets or blankets. The duvet was perfect. We never used the fireplace, as the room had the perfect temperature. I would recommend sitting on the balcony if you stick around at sunset. The room got a little warm, as the sun was beaming right into the windows. We tried the A/C, but I'm fairly certain that it is a heater and not an A/C, even though it went down to 50. (50 blew out hot air in both rooms). We never called, as it was not that stuffy. They supply two fans under the sink, and one fan was enough to circulate the air and cool us down. Our room had a large flat screen with a DVD player. We also had a balcony, although the access was outside our door and not through a sliding glass door like you may think. It was still fairly private. We had a seagull that hung around.

The wine and cheese reception was great. My girlfriend and I are not wine drinkers, so we went with the apple cider varieties. They had great cheese, bread, and cracker selections. The selections were the same each night, but no big deal there. Go early to get a nice spot on the deck. We only had breakfast on our last day and were not disappointed we missed it the other days. It was almost Motel 6 bad.... No big deal there as well. We like eating out for breakfast. You'd think they would ship in some delicious baked goods from somewhere based on the price of the rooms. But that's ok.

Our second room was huge. It was the ocean view, fireplace, and hot tub. It had all the same amenities as above, except a larger balcony. We felt like the room was just too big. We missed our first room, which felt more like a bed and breakfast. The location of this room was not great, as you had to walk down lots of stairs and deep into the property. The hot tub in the room was nice though. And as long as you put the towel down, there was no problem with the room getting wet as some have complained. Only complaint with the bathroom was that the closet, sink, shower, vanity, full length mirror, and toilet are all in bathroom. If you want to use the toilet, there is no separate area. I know everyone likes a little privacy now and then. This room was also a little noisier, with so many rooms around it and some kind of service room behind us.

None of these complaints were intolerable or in any way ruined our stay. I work for a hotel in Vegas and know that just like your own home, nothing can be perfect. This is why I gave the Tickle Pink Inn such a good rating. The location is perfect. Our first room was perfect. The service was excellent and friendly. The amenities were great. And I think it was worth every penny!

Room Tip: go with the ocean view fireplace - best size and price!
1  Thank Kevin S