“Great beginning to our vacation”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #8 of 25 Carmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed in Carmel one night before heading down the coast and feel totally pleased that we chose to stay at the Carriage House Inn. Misty was absolutely the best host and provided detailed information as well as wine and snacks. Her interest in her guests was genuine.

We chose a suite - #3 - and were not disappointed. It had an entryway and then a few steps down to the large room. The walk-in shower separate from the Jacuzzi tub was a plus. It was warm when we were there, but the room had windows on two sides and we coaxed an evening breeze by leaving the windows open. It would have been great to fire up the fireplace, but that was not going to happen. Even with the windows open, we heard no sounds, as Carmel is a quiet sort of place.

The location was good and we had a shortcut down a flight of stairs that deposited us on the street where we found our dinner. I liked being more along the edge rather than down toward the water (which was only 5 short blocks away. The in-room breakfast was generous, fresh and tasty. We had off street parking essentially under our room, which was convenient.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgiaToast
There are newer reviews for Carriage House Inn

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This review is for the front desk attendant Misty. I called to see if they had availability on a holiday weekend and Misty was more than helpful. I gave her my options on where I was considering staying and she mentioned their sister properties. I ended up booking at the Inn at Depot Hill and telling Misty I had dinner reservations at Shadowbrook lead to even more savings. She suggested their Romance Package that gives me a gift certificate plus complimentary champagne and truffles! Can't wait to for next weekend. If the Inn at Depot Hill is as friendly and accommodating as Carriage House I think we will have a great weekend!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 04flowergirl04
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a suite, room 1, for our anniversary April 15th. Best stay anywhere, ever! Misty the manager knows how to give first class service! The evening innkeeper was great as well. The included breakfast was fabulous! Greek yogurt, coffee, bagels, warm quiche. Not one complaint on anything! We will never stay anywhere else ever again when visiting Carmel! Our room was beautiful and clean. First class experience all the way! Thank you Misty and staff for a great stay!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our first stay at this inn in Carmel, but it is now our residence of choice when we visit this town. The location could not have been more convenient; parking was on site; the room was wonderfully accommodating for several days' stay; the staff was excellent and the breakfasts were spectacular. We've stayed in several other places in Carmel; this is by far our favorite!

Room Tip: We were in #7 and would ask for it again!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms and location were just wonderful. It was so close to Ocean Avenue and we loved walking from the Carriage House to all the shops and restaurants. The staff told us to try a couple of restaurants and we took their advice and ate at the Grill and it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Didn't use pool or fitness center,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianeSerrianne
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I phoned the hotel directly to make reservations as I was booking several rooms and had a number of questions regarding the different type of rooms. I spoke with Lori who helped me book my rooms and when we checked in she happened to be working and was most pleasant in getting us checked in. During the evening happy hour she was talking to the guests as if they were in her own home. And I wasn't sure if she was having more fun talking to the guests then the guests themselves. I loved the location as it was within walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Carmel. My only recommendation is to book rooms 1,2 or 3 as they are newly renovated. They may be more expensive then the other rooms but I felt they were worth it. Room 1 faces the street so for people who are light sleepers then I would suggest rooms 2 or 3. We also enjoyed the morning breakfast that was delivered to your room. It was certainly more than just a breakfast with muffins and coffee as you had a choice of yogurt, quiche, etc to fill you up till lunch and beyond.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lloyd647
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wow - if you are planning a trip to Carmel and you are lucky enough to book a room at the Carriage House Inn - do it. We have stayed at many hotels in Carmel but this is truly my favorite. The room we had was lovely, the bathroom could have used a bit of an update but was functional. You can not beat the location of this hotel. A short walk to many wonderful restaurants, shopping and the beach. We could not have asked for a nicer place to stay. The manager, Misty, was awesome, so pleasant and welcoming. We enjoyed the wine and cheese at night as well as port and cookies after dinner. The breakfast they brought to our room in the morning was very good Can not wait to book another stay here!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple