Cypress Inn
La Playa Carmel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$389
  • Pool
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$139
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$133
$350
$169
$150
Official Site
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$180
ComfortInn
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$147
$139
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$225
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$505
$409
1,299 results
All reviewsterry's loungepopoversmovie posterstower suitewell behaved dogslove dogsdog loversdog ownersliving roomdog friendly hotelcarmel by the seadecanter of sherrystreet noiseboutique hotelcommon areasrooms are smallgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Quaint Moorish hotel. Happy hour in lobby with a scattered few of Doris' pictures on the thick plastered walls. Large open fireplace in lobby was relaxing with high beamed ceilings echoing of the laughter and happiness of dogs sprawled all over the floors. Cognac was offered in the rooms as a sweet night cap for those interested. A photo album in the lobby laid open on the coffee table consisting of all the dogs that had stayed at this wonderful hotel down town CArmel.. Bring your own picture or they take it when you check in. Just a few blocks from the ocean's cozy beach and one block from the relaxing Mediterranean down town to walk and enjoy good food and perfect weather.

Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoW88
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We did not stay here, but would check it out next time we are in Carmel. A friend said it was the ONLY place to stay in Carmel. The restaurant is not listed on Trip Advisor, so I am using this site to rave about it.
We ate in the restaurant and had the most perfect dinner. I had 'melt in your mouth" Hallibut. My husband had delicious scallops. They have small plates as well as dinners which include side dishes. The prices are reasonable for the quality of this restaurant. It is small and the bar is very active. Pets are allowed in the lounge area, but not the dining room. There is a lovely living room off the lobby where they have evening piano music. What a delightful setting in the heart of Carmel.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed two nights with our dog. Our main reason for picking Cypress Inn was the included breakfast and pet friendliness. This is by far the most pet-friendly hotel (and town for that matter) that I've ever visited. There are dogs everywhere, so this wouldn't be the place for you if you have a problem with dogs. The service we experienced was good and the room was clean and comfortable. The biggest negative is the noise. Our room was just up from the lobby, so there was noise from the bar and other guests until around 10:30pm every night. It's also an old building, so noise carries and it's not very sound proof. The noise level aside, we were satisfied with our experience!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I've traveled around the world and stay at upscale hotels. The Cypress Inn is lovely and ranks up there with the best experiences that we've had. The service was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I am a light sleeper and I had no problems here. There was a comment earlier that the hotel smelled like wet dog. That could not be further from the truth. We were here for several days and did not have any problems with noise or anything. And the dogs with their humans were very well behaved. The hotel's restaurant is great. We had three meals there at different times of day and the service and food were delicious. (My husband loved the burger.) If you're an uptight, non dog person, then you may want to go elsewhere. But if you love a convivial atmosphere that has a very European feel (which to me was attractive as I've lived in Europe where dogs and their owners are not treated as pariahs), then you'll love this hotel. We had a wonderful time and will return.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

The hotel itself is very nice. Large rooms and helpful staff. But stay away if you do not love dogs. They are everywhere. My wife and I had a glass of wine before dinner and next to us the dog owner were sitting with the dog in the chair. Two rottweilers were rushed in and out. Also a lot of barking during night. This was the second time we visited Cypress Inn and the last. But if you have a dog and want to vacate with it it is the perfect place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family