“Bliss”
Review of Cypress Inn

Cypress Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everything from the roaring fire in the great room, to the complimentary sherry in the guest room, this place is picture perfect. The staff is wonderful - a special shout out to Randy. Excellent food and a nice atmosphere all around. I wasn't traveling with my dog and was very happy ti mingle with the dogs lucky enough to stay here. I will definitely make this a repeat destination.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We've been there twice and will gladly come again as per the followings:
Atmosphere, service and location.

The owner is THE famous actress and singer ,also known as a pet lover .
Her soft and special voice escort us in the public areas , songs are naïveté I know yet simple, loving, appeals to youngsters as well and brings back early childhood memories to others.
B&B :
There is a variety of rooms sizes, it's recommended to make early reservations in order to meet each ones wishes and abilities.
Breakfast is served in 2 different sections: regular or pets friendly.
i wasn't in this category (THAT pets friendly..) in my 1st stay yet "behaved " as my daughters dog was there yet absolutely overwhelmed by the time we came for the 2nd stay, miracles happens right!?
Breakfast is great
Guest in the pets friendly part are interested in their neighboring tables people and dogs , kind of different for outsiders at the beginning ,people r talking to each other... no politics,business / other "problems" talks, isn't it all about V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n
There is a variety collection of rooms, small to large ones.guess one can choose via their web site

Front desk team very professional and the friendliest I met so far.salute!
Their advices always met our wishes and budget and they r always welcoming us so nicely and patiently
They also advice and help getting Babysitting services as one is not allowed to leave a pet alone in the room.
Our babysitter was great he took our dog to the ocean shore ,they were both excited and exhausted..yet happy

there is an evening live music singer and pianist in a very nice guests lounge and a outdoors garden to relax and or dine.

Location is great, walking distance to the ocean shore and main st.

We've reported a mistakenly ceiling rip in our leased car caused during help with our luggage and dog cage.
The respond was , pls let us know the cost of repair( without even seeing/checking )
Tnx for staying with us again and have a safe and pleasant trip back home..It was fully covered with no questions at all.

Charming place to come back soon I wish
Dorit

Room Tip: Just make the reservation in advance, there was a wide comfortable room facing the St.with a little...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all, we love dogs and having a "dog fix" while traveling is always a bonus. The hotel is immaculate, our room was cozy and the mattress was the best we have slept on in a hotel in a long time. My DH loved the sherry in the room plus the fresh fruit. The hotel is very well located
and very quiet. I watched our attendant as she did the evening turn down service. Totally precise and obviously very well trained. Breakfast in the AM was lovely except that hot items don't appear until 7:50 AM. We would stay here again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stopped here on the way down from SF to LA. The Cypress Inn is a likeable bed and breakfast in Carmel, well worth consideration if you're thinking about staying over somewhere. It's pet friendly, which was a nice touch. Trivia fact: it's owned by Doris Day.

The room I stayed in opened up onto the courtyard of the hotel. I was concerned this would make it a little noisy- but because the average age of the hotel was about twice my age (it seemed) I didn't need to worry about any late night revellers. I did have a dog come running in my room in the morning- but that was more my fault as I got excited when I saw it walking past.

Everyone was friendly, polite and helpful- front desk and the guy holding the door were unfailingly pleasant and talkative, which I like.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013

First off who couldn't love a hotel that welcomes and adores dogs or a hotel that is owned by Doris Day? Already those two facts make me love this unique hotel!
Our group stayed here for two nights while in Carmel. The moment you walk in the front door you are made to feel like a welcomed guest. The lobby is cozy and inviting with big couches and a roaring fire. There are dog treats at the front desk and pictures and memorabilia of Doris Day everywhere. The staff is warm and inviting and every where you see dogs and dog owners enjoying their stay.
The bar seemed to be a hot spot not just for hotel guests but also for locals.
Our room was very nice with a fire place. We had a corner room so it was nice to have windows on two walls. The room was a little bit on the small side, but plenty comfortable. I will admit that we went to bed early and our room did have a little bit of street noise. Carmel is a pretty quiet town, but we did have a few folks talking under our windows.
The entire hotel just feels comfortable with over stuffed furniture. In the room we were given complimentary sherry and water. I found our stay extremely comfortable.
The breakfast in the morning was very good (served at the bar). It was not huge, but enough to get to start out the morning with.
Best of all are the dogs. Nothing makes me happier than a dog sleeping in the lobby or walking by you in the hall. Doris Day loves dogs and she has made a hotel where they are not tolerated but welcomed as guests. It made me love the hotel even more!

Room Tip: Try not to get room over the street, our room did have a little street noise and I guess the rooms i...
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

What a great place. Very warm and friendly. Wonderful singers on one night and good guitar on the next. Loved all the dogs. Didn't stay overnight so I cant comment on the rooms. A charming little place.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

While visiting Carmel and walking the streets, we decided to drop in for a drink and see how all of the dogs were getting along during happy hour. We actually stayed here a few years back when we had two little dogs and wanted to see the 'pups.! We had a great table smack in the middle of the action and the wait staff was excellent and very attentive. I had a Gin and Tonic that was simply fabulous! My wife had a local Pinot and she ejoyed it as well. We met several of the dogs and all of them were very well behaved . . . their owners weren't bad either. If you have a dog, bring them here and both of you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple