“Nothing but excellent”

Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

You will not regret coming to this place. One who knows what good Mediterranean food is knows what I'm talking about! Service is warm, with greetings throughout..of note Meat and chicken is verytender and tasteful... I tried their istanbul kebab, spanakopita and they were just yummm.......I had such a nice time that I wish they opened a sister branch in San Diego!! Love it. They are indeed doing a great job!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited to visit Dametra since it was rated #1 on tripadvisor (the website had yet to steer me wrong!). I made our dinner reservations a few months ahead and I was disappointed to be sat in the very center of the restaurant. We asked for a different table and we were out in the other side of the restaurant. There are two sides, one is crowded but lively with nice spots near the window. The other side is brighter and feels less Mediterranean. We were ok being in the quieter side. Our server was great and helpful with the menu. But honestly the good was just ok, not what we were expecting.the bruschetta was very good. There were two of us dining and the order came with just one pie e per person. I had a grilled veggie salad as my entree and the veggies were floppy and soggy. We had an amazing bottle of wine and no dessert. The service was great but I do not think I'd dive here again since I've had better meals.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband are big foodies and we love Mediterranean .this is Definetely one of the best Mediterranean food we have tried yet .great ambience .aweosme location .reminded us of small European restaurants . Keep up the good work :)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Based solely on it being number one on Trip Advisor we sought it out. We lucked out and arrived around 1:30pm on a Saturday in July for lunch and since there was only two of us we were able to get a table. We ordered the hummus, a bowl of the clam chowder soup, dolmas and Pizza Tuscana with a glass of Rose and Pinot Noir wines for lunch at a cost of $65 for food and tip. Overall a great meal. I would suggest staying away from the pizzas. It was our least favorite item. We should have ordered the Kebab's or something else. It was an ok pizza but nothing to right home about. The huge surprise was the clam chowder. It was wonderful. It was light and full of flavor. Overall a wonderful meal. It appears they have taken over the space next door and made it the area to wait for a table in the main restaurant. One bathroom in the kitchen.

We went about out day very full from our lunch. As it became night we were not hungry. As it got later we thought we should eat something but nothing too heavy. The chowder was so good we thought let's just go back and get two bowl of chowder. Back we went. A bit worried how long we would have to wait on a Saturday night. To our surprise at 9:30pm there was music and people dancing in the aisle of this very small place. Once the music was over someone asked us if we wanted to eat; we did and were seated immediately. This time we got the mussels and then two bowls of chowder a glass of Pinot Noir and Piont Grigio for $55 for food and tip. We also got to witness another song and all the dancing. We were very full and decided not to have desert. However, they brought us some Baklava with the check. I assumed it was because we were one of the last four tables in the joint and it was going to be no good the following morning. It was a nice jester. The place officially closes at 11pm. Way easier to park at night than it was during the day.

If back in the area I am sure we will stop by again. It was a nice experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This resturant is awesome. Great service, great food at a great price. The wine list and prices are amazing. The line is worth the wait.