“Great shops”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great shops”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Unique fun shops, always find something in the doud arcade to take home. Candles/unique socks/robins jewellery/food/hats...go and explore

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sparky011

Westmount, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun shops”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great variety of shops including a Christmas shop and a sock and candle shop. I always find something to take home as a gift in this little arcade.

Visited March 2013
Carmel, California
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Hidden delight - crafts shops and food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

A hidden mall off Ocean Avenue with crafts and other shops - not your normal tourist shops - with a great open restaurant, Carmel Belle.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank mswiseguy
Central California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best place to buy gifts in Carmel”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Peppercorn? It hasn't even existed for years. The Doud Arcade is my favorite place to shop for unique gifts for friends and family. The Carmel Hat Company has a huge assortment of wonderful hats, The Sock Shop has a zillion unique socks and candles, Robin's Jewelry sells all original, beautiful handmade jewelry by Robin, La Belle Carmel and Aw Shucks have great food. I don't remember all the other shop names, but I can always find something original there and enjoy the experience as well. It is designed like a little village unto itself, welcoming and pleasant. I often go to La Belle Carmel for chai or lunch, then wander through the shops to see what's new.

8 Thank barerunner
A TripAdvisor Member
“Owner of The Peppercorn Outright Uncivil and Unfriendly to Families”
Reviewed August 10, 2002

When my husband and I entered this store (my husband was pushing our daughter in her stroller) the owner ran over started cursing saying to "get the hell out of my store" something about having a sign outside prohibiting strollers (didn't see this). I told the man he was rude and obviously didn't need our business. Also, my husband (who is French) said the French pottery there was a big rip-off! I can see a shopowner being concerned about a customer breaking something but that gives this man no right to run over and start swearing at us. The whole time my embarassed husband tried to exit the store the man had a look of sheer disgust and contempt on his face.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member