“Wonderful Views from each stop” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 102 things to do in Carmel
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch whales in winter and sea lions all year round at this Bay Area nature reserve, which offers hiking, walking, bird watching, scuba diving and magnificent views.
Houston, Texas
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Wonderful Views from each stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

You do need to pay $10 to get in the door, unless you park on US1 and walk into the park. We enjoyed a lovely sunset evening taking pictures and seeing pods of dolphins swimming. If you are hiker, there is much more to see but we were into photography and sunsets for this trip.

Visited January 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Don't Pass This Place Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was on my way back to SFO after spending four days backpacking along the Big Sur coast. I'm a photographer and figured what could I possibly see at Point Lobos that I didn't see along Big Sur. I almost drove by, but figured for $10 I'd check it out. This place was amazing and I'm so glad I stopped. I pulled in at 1pm and left at 3pm and really felt like I needed another 2 or 3 hours to see the whole place. This was on a weekday and I had no problem parking, no wait at all. Plenty of seals, sea otters, even a blue whale. For photographers this place is a must and you could easily spend an entire day here.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Boston0212202122
Port Aransas, Texas
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Great place to see mammals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We came here to see the seals, otters, and sea lions. We were not disappointed. They usually are a lot closer to the beach, but since there were SO many people there, they were out in the distance.
I strongly suggest you take a wide angle lens to get a good picture.
There are so many things to see; we saw some whales migrating which I wasn't expecting.
The trails are kind of steep, so they're not for everyone.
The day we went, 12/29, it was so crowded, even at sunset. Another place to take an awesome pictures. We saw some black deer when we were leaving.
I loved this place and it was great to see people from other countries enjoying what we sometimes take for granted.
The parking is $10, and you have to be patient. People were parking on the highway, which I'm glad we didn't. It was quite a journey for those walking it.

Brooklyn, New York
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Short walk or long hike ... Oh the views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Whether you are looking for a short walk or a decent hike, this place offers absolutely fabulous views that really have to be seen to be believed. We arrived early and were glad we did as they start limiting cars when it gets busy so plan accordingly particularly on a nice day. The Whaler's Cabin is worth a stop and the short hike out to the cypress grove is a photographer's dream. $10 for a car and another $2 for a map and brochure. Worth every penny.

San Mateo, California
“Very Scenic Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I spend a whole afternoon here with my family. Very scenic spot to look at. We took a lot of nice pictures of the cliffs and the ocean.