“Great Irish sports bar/restaurant”
Review of Hennessey's Tavern

Hennessey's Tavern
Ranked #79 of 339 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hemet, California
“Great Irish sports bar/restaurant”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Great buy one get one free hamburger deals on Tuesdays especially the hamburger with thinly sliced prime rib and the German pretzel bun with smoked sausage with hamburger. If you love french fries you'll die for the ones tossed in truffle oil and Parmesan cheese. Put these together with happy hour and you will have a great time.

• Visited November 2011

San Diego, California
“Fun Special Event”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were here for a fund raising event. They had closed off the back parking lot and had setup a great outdoor bar with good beer choices. They also had a dedicated grill for burgers and hotdogs.

The bands were great, and provided excellent entertainment.

I ran inside for a bloody mary and they have Great bloody Mary's. I told them spicy and they did a good job . . . i still had to fire it up, but for their standard, it was up there!

Come here for a Sunday breakfast about once a month and am always satisfied.

• Visited September 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Drinks only”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Casual bar, too many guys, not enough girls. Nice staff and good service.

Redlands, California
“Good bar, good sandwich, lots of tv's.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

For a tavern this place was pretty good. My husband and I left the kids to go out for an evening on our own and ended up here to watch a UFC fight. I had a turkey sandwich on pretzel bread that came with homemade chips which I liked. Hubby liked his sandwich too. They have TVs everywhere- nice if you want good spot to watch a sporting event. We sat in the back patio and they even had a couple of large flat screen TVs there too. Our server checked on us often despite the crowd of people that were there. Not a bad place.

• Visited July 2011
Carlsbad, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pigs welcome!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I were eating dinner on their patio when another customer started spitting on the ground. After spitting three times I said something to him. He stared at me blankly and his buddies made rude comments. I complained to the management and they responded by giving the man a cup to continue spitting in. They said "chewing" was allowed on the patio and that they hose off the patio every night. The management did not care that it was disgusting as I tried to eat. The pigs all stayed and we left. The management obviously prefer that type of customer.

• Visited June 2011