“Delicious fare.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Fire Grill - CLOSED

Blue Fire Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: El Camino Real at La Costa Avenue
Description: Taste the difference fresh ingredients make at the Blue Fire Grill. Our executive chef’s focus on ingredients harvested from the surrounding area means that every bite bursts with the cleanest flavors; diners literally taste the beauty of Carlsbad, California, and the surrounding areas. As the seasons change, so do the menus, which only entice guests to come back again and again to sample the in-season ingredients. Fresh coastal seafood and fine meats are perfectly paired with our wine list, or you can sample artisanal cocktails prepared in the lounge area.
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Delicious fare.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good idea to book ahead as it can get very busy. Beautifully presented. Wonderful staff. Good deals in the bar during happy hour. Food and drinks.

Visited June 2013

Irvine, CA
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Food was fabulous and even the chef came out of the kitchen to
welcome us! The only thing I disliked was eating so much because everything tasted so good.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Nice patio, pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The legends grill was closed so came here by default. Missed the view, but this was a nice surprise. Limited lunch menu, to some...to me...but I found a meal in a pasta bolognese special. Waiter was very nice, food prepared very nice, and it aw a nice day. Probably better at night than during lunch, but a nice stop

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CliveWatkins
San Diego
“Nice ambiance, selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved the buffalo ribs starter, carrot and pepper soup, mojito. The ambiance was very nice. The steak my husband had was not as tender as it should have been --- for $40, but overall it was very good.

Visited May 2013
Perris, California
“Delicious Appetizer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We attending the San Diego Jazz Fest this past weekend and you can get a free appetizer for your paid parking ticket. ($15 to park for the event and you get a free $16 appetizer... not bad).

My friend and I looked at the menu and he chose one that I wasn't really feeling. So I say, "How about this Ceviche dish?" He said, "Oh, that was the other one I had in mind." Excellent!

When the waitress came around, we showed her the parking/free appetizer tix and I'll be doggone if she didn't say (before we had a chance to place our order) "I think the appetizer that they are serving for this deal is the Ceviche." Well, chance favors the prepared, does it not?

Well, when she brought us our free appetizer, I have to tell you it was SO good that I wanted another one!!! It had scallops, shrimp, avocados, and a delicious sauce set off by a very tasty baked bread/cracker that had spices cooked into it. Quite delicious! We enjoyed this in very comfortable lounge chairs with the playoff game on the flatscreen.

Oh! Also, be sure to enjoy the grilled tacos served right outside the restaurant on the little promenade. They are $3 each (they are rather small but delicious) and they offer beef, chicken, pork, and portobello mushroom. The beef was the best, followed by the mushroom. So, we sat outside on the promenade and enjoyed the music because there was a little band set up across from the restaurant providing a wonderful audio ambience to the already enjoyable environment.

This is the kind of place where you can just go and spend a few hours away from it all and actually feel like you went somewhere. I'm sure I'll go back even if there isn't a jazz festival on the golf lawn and simply enjoy the outside atmosphere of beautiful San Diego at a very lovely spot with great food and music to enjoy while you eat.

Oh! One more thing, my friend took the most adorable pix of this couple sitting at one of the tables outside. The gentleman was very lovingly sharing his food and feeding his wife/girlfriend. It was so... how can I adequately describe it? HONEST, TRUE, and SINCERE... the love they shared was actually tangible!!!! I think they exemplified the essence of what this whole place can offer!

• Visited May 2013