“Good Dinner”

Blue Fire Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: El Camino Real at La Costa Avenue
Description: Taste the difference fresh ingredients make at the Blue Fire Grill. Our executive chef’s focus on ingredients harvested from the surrounding area means that every bite bursts with the cleanest flavors; diners literally taste the beauty of Carlsbad, California, and the surrounding areas. As the seasons change, so do the menus, which only entice guests to come back again and again to sample the in-season ingredients. Fresh coastal seafood and fine meats are perfectly paired with our wine list, or you can sample artisanal cocktails prepared in the lounge area.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited while staying at resort. Food was very good and nice atmosphere.husband had jambalaya type fish dish, I had skirt steak all delicious.

There are newer reviews for Blue Fire Grill

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Breakfast and lunch were buffet for our group. Every meal was excellent. Fresh food, cooked very well and good selection. Service was very good also.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a nice New Year's Eve dinner here from the set 4 course menu. While the main entrees were very good (I had the duck and husband had steak), the starters were actually the best part. There was only one dessert option which looked beautiful, but only tasted average. Despite a set menu, the food tasted like it was individually prepared fresh, rather than mass produced. Overall, I felt it was pricey for what you get.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to Bluefire with our two young boys on our last night at La Costa. The hostess and wait staff were friendly and accommodating, and the ambiance inside the restaurant was cozy. Unfortunately, it was cool and the patio was not open for dining. My kids were excited to sit by the fire, which would have given the restaurant a few bonus points. I had the pasta ragu that someone mentioned was bland, but I found it to be quite tasty and portioned perfectly. My husband had the swordfish, and the kids were happy with their usual mac and cheese. We were pleased to meet the chef when he came out to ask how we liked our meals. All in all, it was what I expected, and a good option for a nice dinner at La Costa. I just wish that patio would have been open!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The waiter recommended pasta ragu and it was bland. The atmosphere is nice though--we ate outside overlooking the lovely courtyard with a fountain. A good choice if you have to eat on site. Otherwise, look elsewhere.