“A great experience”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed May 19, 2010

The hotel location was great, 5 minutes from the ocean, shopping mall, and town. The hotel shuttle service to these locations was great. The shuttle staff were knowledgeable, offered ideas on restrauants, and other places to visit They were so friendly, it was as though you were talking with friends. The desk staff assisted me with the tram schedule to visit other local areas. The view from the hotel was awesome, facing the front of the hotel was a view of the ocean, the back view was of the hills. The grounds were kept beautiful. My room was spacious and had a patio overlooking the hills. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for business or personal travel. I intend to bring my family next year for vacation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed May 11, 2010

I loved the Sheraton Carlsbad. My kiddos loved swimming in the heated pool open 24 hours just after our dining experience at the Grill. The waiter was very friendly to our children and brought out carrot/celery with ranch dip almost immediately. They loved it. I loved walking on the pathways to the pool and the kids loved finding snails and other creatures. The private entrance to Legoland was very nice. We enjoyed the back of the park almost to ourself as the general public was making their way to us.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
carlsbadsheraton, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

I am thrilled that you had such a great experience. Since we are so close to LEGOLAND, we flet it important to have a very kid friendly menu with healthy options. I hope that you will be coming back to our resort and LEGOLAND. They are opening a new Waterpark on Memorial Day Weekend. We are really excited about it!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened and it has never waivered. From the minute you pull up the staff are welcoming and eager to assist and get you settled into your room. The rooms are nice and tastefully furnished and very comfortable. They have a cool restaurant called Twenty/20 which is a great hang out for my wife and I while the kids are swimming in the pool which is open 24 hours a day, unheard of at most hotels, we even go there when not staying at the hotel. A stones throw away from Lego Land and convenient access to the 5 freeway which will take you to all the other great locations San Diego has to offer. JUST GO, you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
carlsbadsheraton, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

So delighted that you had a great time! Our 90,000 gallon outdoor heated pool is wonderful isn't it? Our restaurant is terrific as well and am so glad this was your finding. Come back soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We (myself, my wife and our 6-year-old son) stayed at the Sheraton Carlsbad for 6 wonderful nights. It wasn't the cheapest place we could have stayed, but very glad we chose it. The room was large and the beds super comfy. Everything about the hotel was spotless. All of the staff, from the conceirges to the room service staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub are great, we spent loads of time in them, but a word of advice - bring your own pool toys, there weren't any supplied by the hotel, no biggy, probably a liability issue (it is California, after all).
The proximity to legoland was great - we got the go san-deigo passes for a week and spent a full day at the zoo, a full day at Sea World and the rest of the time was spent in and out of Legoland.
Didn't try the restaurant or the room service - quite pricey. The only thing I would have liked to be included that wasn't was a buffet breakfast.
I'd go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2010

I am delighted that you had such a great experience.

Based on your comments, we are going to purchase some more pool toys. We are a very kid friendly resort and we understand the importance of keeping the kids and parents happy!

Additionally, we are considering breakfast buffets in our restaurant during peak times so that our families who are anxious to get to the area's many theme parks, can get in and out quickly.

See you again soon I hope!

Reviewed April 19, 2010

This is a very clean property. The hospitality was awesome. Getting there was somewhat of a hassle if your not used to fast-paced california driving. High recommend!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

So pleased you enjoyed your experience!

I appreciate your taking the time to say you had a great time and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

My business spending allowance had been direct-deposited into my banking account along with my paycheck. My debit/visa was turned down upon arrivaI I thought because my daily limit was reached. After researching, found out they tried to charge over $800 for all the days and fees and security and extra because it was a debit card. Of course,any amount not used would be credited back sometime within 30 days (!). If I had used a regular credit card, my initial charge would have been $155 and I'd have had all the room ammenities. I had to pull $300 in cash to register for the first night which still left me with no room ammenties. And this was NOT explained to me upon initial arrival, only that my card would not go through. And I was instructed to park at the bottom parking lot even though there were spots more convenient, and had to walk up with all my baggage at 12:30 am by myself to the room in the back of the motel. Why?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank barrdl
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

Thank you for your feedback about our Resort. I appreciate all guest comments, as they help us improve our property. I understand that our Guest Services Team was able to rectify this situation before your departure.

I am sure you were frustrated by the difficulties experienced when your debit card was authorized for the whole stay. It is standard in the hotel industry that authorization is taken for the anticipated room nights plus some additional authorization for incidentals. This is done to insure that sufficient funds are available for payment.

Our staff does try to notify guests of this authorization when guests use debit cards; however, not all debit cards indicate on them that they are debit, and sometimes this step is simply overlooked. I have already reviewed this with the Guest Services Team and they will work to insure this communication occurs every time a debit card is presented.

Thank you also for your comments regarding parking. I will discuss your concerns with our Night Audit team tonight and suggest they offer luggage assistance and alternative locations for parking when available.

Again, I apologize for the challenges this caused you and certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. We sincerely desire that every guest has an outstanding experience. I am confident that this would be your finding.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 12, 2010

We loved staying at this hotel. We have two young kids and it being close to Legoland with its private entrance was definitely convenient (it's about a 5 minute walk from the private entrance to the hotel, uphill). Very clean rooms and nice lobby. The landscaping is beautiful and well-kept. My only complaint is that parking is expensive and that the complimentary breakfast selection was paltry. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Our private entrance is great, isn't it? It allows our guests to get on some of the rides, including the Dragon Coaster, before the general public. The main gate is about 10 minutes away, and those guests use the rides just inside the main gate first, allowing our guests quick access.

Our parking is $12 for overnight guests, which mirrors the price that LEGOLAND charges.

I appreciate your feedback!