“Great location near Legoland”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great location near Legoland”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Nice hotel with good service. I don't understand why they charge for self parking at this Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank emikelaw
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Thank you for your great feedback. Our satisfied customers are our best sales people! Hope to see you again very soon!
Rachel Blake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I feel bad giving the hotel a bad review because for the most part, it would be a great place to stay. I feel there a few things that you should take into consideration if you are staying here....you get nickel and dimed for the $12 resort fee and parking is $16 or $12 a night if you do self park which could be quite a walk with luggage. Our room was great, big, clean, really nice bed. Staff was great. Bar was great. Here is what earned it a poor rating. They should have parents agree to some type of "quiet hours". I was awakened by kids of all ages running up and down the hallways, screaming, jumping, talking, and the parents were just as bad--starting at 7am in the morning. I really think parents need to teach kids hotel etiquette at an early age. I don't understand what is wrong with parents these days, mine would never allow this behavior. I partially blame the hotel for not having parents sign off on some type child etiquette agreement. I can't imagine even trying to use the pool because I am sure it would be a complete nightmare. They would need an "adult pool" for me to even get close to using it..so the "resort fee" is quite a wast for us.. I understand the proximity to Legoland and we were expecting some kid noise, this was a last minute unplanned trip through hotwire for a 4 star hotel..it would be, minus the bad parenting--really, really disappointed in the noise control. DO NOT EXPECT TO SLEEP IN AT THIS HOTEL--THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know of your experience with the resort. I apologize that you were unable to get the rest that I am sure you wanted while on stay-cation. We have many guests that compliment us on the wonderful night's rest that they receive on our sweet sleeper mattresses and truly regret that this was not your experience.

Based on your comments, we will soon put signs at the end of the guest room cooridors requesting that people be sensitive to the others staying in the hotel and that quiet time is from 10 pm - 8 am daily.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. You can reach me directly at 760-827-2412 to discuss your stay further.

Rachel blake
BC
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We were extremely impressed with this exceptionally clean and welcoming resort. It's rare to find a hotel that is both family freindly and beautiful. What really sets this hotel apart are the wonderful staff. Without exception, we found all the associates to be helpful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
eatandtrvl, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2010
Wow! What a wonderful review....We look forward to your next visit with us. It is so great to read your comments and to share your experience with the team here. Come again soon!
California
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We spent a lovely weekend at this beautiful resort. The rooms were cozy, with every needed amenity. The bed was wonderful and comfy with big fluffy pillows!
My husband and I enjoyed a couples massage at the spa, which was absolute heaven!!
Our lunch and dinner in the restaurant were both excellent also.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the grounds are beautiful. Not a bad thing to say about this place. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased that you found our beds comfortable...these are signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Mattresses and we get many compliments about them. You can purchase your own on Sheraton.com - simply click on Sheraton Store at the bottom of the page.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our Spa. Our massage therapists are very skilled and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I am glad you enjoyed your experience at our Twenty/20 our signature restaurant as well.

Hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We booked this hotel because it is the nearest one from Legoland.

The hotel cannot be found with a GPS, because I believe it is new and opened only a few years ago. So, just type Legoland in your GPS or Mapquest. Near the end, drive past the street for the Legoland. Then a few blocks later, you'll see the hotel at the hilltop.

Parking rate of $12 is more expensive than the $10 rate at park. I believe it should be the same. If you're staying at the hotel, obviously you should park at the hotel. There's also an in-and-out privileges. I heard there's an underground parking but I never did find it so I parked at the outdoor lot.

My wife booked the Family package at this hotel. It includes a Private Club Lounge with continental breakfast and snacks, flat panel 32" tv, balcony, fridge, starbucks coffee, 1 free movie, welcome snack for the kid, and a kid-eat-free with paid adult for a dinner at 20/20. However, when we arrived to check-in, the front desk staff had no idea what is a family package. We had to explain to her and to the manager what the package included. The manager said the welcome snack is just cookies and milk. However, we were surprised when the snack arrived in our room. It is actually their shooters sampler from their Twenty/20 Restaurant. I really believed the hotel did not have anything prepared for a welcome snack or they had no idea a welcome snack existed, but what they brought to our room exceeded our expectation! It was really great. My daughter loved it! So I think that just made it all up from all the confusion!

Though, at the end they charged us for the movie Princess and the Frog that my daughter watched, even though our package included one free movie. However, hotel staff immediately refunded it from our bill.

Overall, the hotel is mixed luxurious and kid friendly. Most parts of the hotel are beautiful and brand new, with small parts having decorations made out of Legos. They had a centerpiece at the lobby made of Lego. The staff was overall one of the most friendliest hotel staff we've experienced. They were very accommodating and made sure we were comfortable with our stay, and also made sure that we got what our package came with. They even returned the camera case that my wife lost.

The room was very large with a reasonably small size balcony with a beautiful view. The room was very roomy and everything was considerably brand new. Internet was reasonably fast. Access to the club room was a plus. The hour'derves included meatballs, cheese, crackers, and drinks. The breakfast included scrambled eggs and pastries. I wish they would have had sausages or bacon. Although, everything they served was delicious and class. This is no ordinary lounge. It is private with a large tv for kids to watch cartoons and for adults to just relax.

This is a 5 to 10 minute walk to a private entrance to Legoland, depending on how fast you walk.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for your great comments! I am so pleased that your family enjoyed the resort. I am happy that you found our staff members accommodating. We really work hard to select friendly and helpful associates and I am glad this is what you found!

You are correct...in vehicles with older GPS systems we are not listed; however we are available on google maps, yahoo maps etc and in vehicles with recent updates to their GPS Systems. Our parking fee actually mirrors the fee that LEGOLAND charges. Their regular daily fee is $12 as well.

I aplogize that our team sounded unfamiliar with the family package. I sent your comments to the front office team so that they can review this and make sure that they are all educated about it and will reiterate the benefits of this package our weekly meeting.

Again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to your return!!

Sincerely
China, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Stayed here for a one night weekend getaway.

The hotel is brand new and the rooms are exceptionally clean, modern, and well-apppointed. We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the pool because it was raining, but the grounds are definitely nice and maintained to high standards.

The folks at the front desk were very accommodating and warm but I have to give special praise to Jenny, who took the initiative to track down a jacket that I left behind at the hotel. The jacket has a lot of sentimental value, so it meant a lot that she went out of her way to make sure it was returned to me. Her service and professionalism were top notch. Thanks Jenny! You're awesome and I really appreciated your help!

I got a pretty good rate via hotwire for the room so I didn't mind the $12 resort fee too much, although the $12 self-parking fee seemed a bit excessive given there were plenty of unused parking spaces everywhere. I understand in this economy that hotels and airlines are trying to generate more revenue with extra fees here and there, but I think $6 per day for self-parking would have been more agreeable.

Either way it was a really nice resort, I enjoyed my stay, and I'm grateful for the friendly and responsive staff!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our Resort! I am so pleased that you were able to recover you lost item and that Jenny was of such help and that you enjoyed your stay. We have an amazing staff and I am delighted that was what you encountered.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely
Boston
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Resort seems very new and rooms even newer. Quality room, bedding, and decor with modern HD TV. Fitness center is spacious with big glass windows over-looking the pool. Good mix of cardio equipment, weights, and space to stretch. Had breakfast in 20/Twenty restaurant - tastefully done with in a warm and inviting space.

Forgot a small personal journal in my room post check-out and the staff did excellent job retreiving it and sending it to my office.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2010
Thank you for your kind words about our Resort especially about our Fitness Center. We have been told it is one of the best in the Sheraton Brand! I am glad we were able to return your lost item and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Director of Hotel Operations