1,404 results
All reviews private entrance to legoland self parking fee hotel restaurant visiting legoland private access lego land large pool ping pong underground parking nice property pool side early check outlet mall ocean view great pool hotel guests short drive
Reviewed July 9, 2016

I did my share of travelling as a part of my job for some years, and I understand that hotel staffs, like any other industry, make mistakes. However, SPG always made it right overall, and that’s been the reason I had been a fan of SPG properties till now. However, my experience at this resort made me question my loyalty? to SPG properties going forward.

It was a busy weekend at the hotel. My family arrived at the hotel at 10 PM for a 5-night vacation to Carlsbad. When we first walked into the room, it was not clean at all. It looked like someone stayed in the room previously, but the room had never been cleaned afterwards. First, there were urine spots on the toilet seat and shaving cream on a mirror. I called the front desk about them. After some time, someone came in with a yellow microfiber towel (no cleaning product at all) and wiped them down. She basically spread urine on the toilet seat surface. After I calmed my wife down by saying that I can just re-clean them, we decided to put the kids to bed (it was past 11pm at this point). Then, we noticed hair all over the place; towels, pillows, and bed sheets. On top of that, the bed sheet wrinkles indicated that someone definitely didn’t change the sheets after they were used. I was starting to get really disappointed with the establishment. Shortly after that, I noticed my young toddler was playing with something under the bed with his feet. There was a pair of rolled up WORN socks! At this point, I couldn’t justify making excuses for the hotel management and called the front desk to ask for a different room.

Sara (the manager) claimed that there is no more room available for the night with two queen beds, and we were forced to stay in the same room for that night. She said that we MIGHT get a new room the next day and that we should call them back in the morning to see if she can really give us a new room. I really didn’t understand why she didn’t know the occupancy status of the next several days in advance, but I was too tired at this point to even pose this question. When we called the front desk (again) to at least have the bed sheets replaced, John (from securities) was able to find us a different room for the entire stay. I was confused why Sara was not able to do what John did for us. Was it because the room we eventually got was an upgrade from what we originally booked using SPG points? - not sure. As a gold member, I, at least, expected to be told the truth by the manager, or a better service in the situation. I would have given the lowest rating possible if John was out of the entire situation (John also gave me points equivalent for the 1st night). Granted, the other staffs were very helpful during the stay, and upon hearing my feedback, Leslie from Guest Services sent me an email assuring that this should not have happened, and will welcome me back and that she’d see to it that my next experience is perfect. I am still inclined to try more SPG properties, but I am not sure if I am going to be as loyal.

Excluding my bad experience in my day 1, other aspects of the hotel were great. Proximity to the golf course and Legoland makes it a great spot to stay if these places are a part of the schedule. Also, the staffs overall were very pleasant and helpful. As a family with 2 little ones, this place was very family friendly with a spacious pool area.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sheraton C, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Dear jcyanlee:

This is certainly not the kind of review we typically receive nor one we take very lightly and as such, are extremely sorry you received anything but superior service - something that we do strive to make a typical experience.

Can you please contact us directly at 760-827-2412 to discuss this in person?

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Last minute booking made after reading reviews. Didn't disappoint. Rooms are large and well appointed. Great pool. Great food. Staff very friendly and helpful, especially towards the kids. Shuttle service when needed. Private entrance to Legoland. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Susan B:

Thank you for highly recommending our resort! We're glad you found the free shuttle to the beach and our splendid outlet mall areas convenient!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Kudos to the Sheraton and their staff. They were welcoming from the time we arrived. Our room was great. The pool and hot tub are great (and open 24 hours!). I know some people complained about the parking, but even the overflow lot isn't that far too walk. We really enjoyed it here. I hope we can stay again sometime.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Buffy24:

Thank you for your review of our resort! We are thrilled that enjoyed our little paradise in Carlsbad! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Happy travels!

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed over for 1 night. We stayed on the 1st floor near the back entrance. The room is big; bed is okay, sheets were rough and the air vent could use a replacement filter. YUCK!!!! I wanted to order In room service for lunch and noticed there wasn't a lunch menu so I called guest services. I spoke with Allison and told me she'll have housekeeping bring me a menu. Mind you, when I told her the menu was missing, her reply was, "Hmm. I'm sorry. There shakil be one there." Hellloooo!!!! That's why I'm calling because it's not in the room. Waited about 20 min to have the menu brought back to my room and this is after calling guest services twice and being transferred to in room dining where their phone line was disconnected. I ordered the BLT with smoked turkey and sweet potato fries. The food arrived in 15 min. It was decent. After about 20 min. My stomach stated to ache. Needless to say, I kept using the toilet every 5-10 minutes and I was due for a late check out at 2pm. I called and asked for 30 min more after I explained my issue. I was told it needs to be approved and will give me a call back. I didn't hear from anyone after 30 minutes and I had to Make a second call and was told that "someone is already waiting for that room." It was 2:15. After explaining (again) about my issues, I was given until 2:30. It would have been nice if I was offered to be placed to an available room while a felt a little better. I was disappointed but not surprised. Won't come back at this location.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Allynne V:

We are sorry to hear this was your experience and I must confess, this is no where near typical for our resort. Could you please contact us directly for further information, as we welcome your feedback and value your opinion and would love to discuss this matter in person.

Please contact us directly at: 760-827-2412.

Looking forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Couldn't recommend this place more! It's centrally located in Southern California with easy access to I – 5 to head north to Disneyland and LA or south to Sea World, the Zoo & San Diego.
This property is clean with big rooms and a great workout facility. An easy walk to Legoland and a short drive to the Carlsbad outlet mall. It's worth your time & money!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 51176RobertF
Sheraton C, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2016

Dear 51176RobertF:

We couldn't have said it better ourselves! ;)

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!