Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
Hotels.com
$309
  • Restaurant
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$269
$128
Agoda.com
$175
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$296
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$499
Official Website
1,343 results
All reviewsprivate entrance to legolandself parking feehotel restaurantlego landvisiting legolandprivate accesslarge poolping pongunderground parkingnice propertypool sideearly checkocean viewhotel guestsoutlet mallgreat poolshort drive
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We found and booked this place through the Legoland site. This hotel has its own entrance to Legoland, which is right next door. Given its Legoland billing, we were surprised therefore by how un-kid friendly the pool is. Why would you build a hotel next to Legoland and not have a baby pool? The shallowest section is 3 1/2 feet. I was there with small kids (three years old) and this made it really stressful. The food at the restaurant is good but it is not really any more kid friendly than your typical business hotel. I don't get it.

1  Thank missesBee
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Hotel Operations at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa.

We offer many kid friendly amenities....a private entrance to LEGOLAND, ping pong, foos ball, bean bag toss, tennis, and great kids menus. We also supply pool noodles for the kids and sell all kinds of floaties in our Marketplace Gift Shop. Additionally ,we provide complimentary swim diapers and have beach toys and chairs available for guests to use complimentary for a great day at beautiful Carlsbad Beaches.

I hope that you will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to kids by staying with us again soon. You can reach me personally at the Resort.

Rachel Blake-Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed August 17, 2009

My family (two girls ages 10 & 7) stayed at the Carlsbad Sheraton for one night in August. We basically came in stayed the night then went to Legoland, so my review won't go into a lot of details on other parts of the hotel. When we got there the staff was friendly and helpful, telling us there was a barbeque outside by the pool, and they were showing a movie poolside for kids. We were in a club level room, and it was plenty large enough for us. Although we didn't use the pool since we were only staying the night on points, it was plenty large and looked to be very nice.

The hotel backs up to legoland, although it's somewhat of a walk to get in. The one good thing is that you're dropped into the park on the opposite side from the entrance, so if you want to get in a couple quick rides on the roller coasters which are near there you should be able to get on with minimal if any wait.

All in all, I would recomend this hotel especially if you're planning on spending some time at Legoland.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

I was not dissapointed at all staying at this hotel. The location was excellet and the staff was attentive and friendly. We booked our hotel on Hotwire and saved around $70 a night and we even received an upgraded room at check-in (basically from a King to a Double Queen with a fridge). The location to both Legoland and the beaches were excellent. The walk from the hotel to Legoland was about 5 minutes and about a 10 minute drive to the beach. The only negative was the $12 per night parking fee, but that is basically the same price that you would pay for parking at Legoland, so the convience of walking from your room to the park in 5 minutes made up for it. One tip for you Hotwire users, the hotel prices change based on how many kids you have. We have two young kids and the price on hotwire was $209 a night, but with only one kid it was $149 a night. I don't see how my 3 year old can be that much of a difference, so we only put down one child and saved ourselves about $120 for two nights.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I ordered Room service for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was terrible. My Pan-Roasted Chicken was overcooked and bone dry. The sauce was over reduced and just terrible. The only good thing was ok were the mashed potatoes. My wife's "Mussel Soup" came without any soup and the mussells were not cleaned properly.

Breakfast the next day was ok. The eggs were cooked well but the potatoes were bland.

The room was clean, but it surprised me when at 10AM, the housekeeping manager knocked on the door and asked when we were planning to check out. Checkouts are at 11AM, so this made me feel as if I were being rushed out the door. It did not leave a good impression with me.

Also the room next door apparently had a guest with a dog and I think the dog had an accident in the room. The smell was terrible as I walked past their door.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
carlsbadsheraton, Director of Hotel Operatons at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about our Resort. I appreciate all guest correspondence as it affords us the opportunity to continually improve all of our guest’s experiences. I regret that your experience with us did not meet what you’ve come to expect from a Starwood Property.

I was disappointed to learn that you had so many problems with the food quality at the Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar. I can assure you that your experience is not typical of our Resaurant, as we recieve many accolades regarding the food and service there. I regret that this is not what you found.

I would like to extend a personal invitation for you to return to Twenty/20 Grill by sending you this Gift Certificate valid for dinner for two as our way of demonstrating our sincerest apologies for your experience. Please let me know how I may reach you to follow up.

I look forward to the good news that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Again, thank you for your comments and should you need further assistance feel free to call me at 760-827-2412.

Rachel Blake
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in June. The service was great, the rooms nice and comfortable (and clean!) The restaurant has excellent, unique food and the Spa is so good it makes me sorry I don't live closer!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business