“the great resort hotel”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed February 1, 2014

the resort have private access to legoland, interior lobby is great with garden view n nice swimming pool, reception n concierge staff polite, very attentive n helpful, but bedroom location quiet far from the lobby, we must walk through pedestrian to reach the other building, the hotel also provide car for us go to/pick up from the carlsbad premium oulets, overall this hotel is awesome

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here with my family and enjoyed it thoroughly. A private entrance to Legoland meant that we could come back to room for lunch and rest. It kept my daughter in good spirit all day. We also went to New Year party organized by the resort. Kids had lots of games to play while adults enjoy and dance. Worth staying here if you are visiting Legoland.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Carlsbad, we know that you have many choices when you travel. One of the great perks when you are taking your family to LEGOLAND and staying at the Sheraton you can come back to the hotel, hit the pool, take a nap and get some lunch. The New Years Eve festivities at the hotel were great so glad that you were able to be a part of them. We always look forward to putting them on each year. We hope to see you back next year.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed here twice in 2013.

Overall, this is quite a nice resort: the entrance is grand, greeted warmly, great restaurant and food, bar patio is very nice with firepits, rooms are a good size, nice balconies, grounds are pretty, good size pool.

Cons: kind of in the middle of nowhere, although LEGOLAND is in the adjacent parking lot. Drive to beach about 15mins. The Valet guys were extremely rude, actually came close to swiping my car because they didn't like where my car was and parked another 2 inches from mine so I couldn't get back in. absolutely NO one watches the pool, which meant there were several who wore street clothes in the pool, babies with diapers in the pool and toddlers in the hot tub (you know what that means). Carpets in hallways are very stained.

Room Tip: I don't think you can really go wrong with any choices.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your feedback. It is through our guests that we are able to identify our areas of opportunity. I do hope that we see you and the family back in 2014.
All the Best,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Before even getting out of the car, the two Valet guys were approaching us and welcoming us with smiles. We had reservations for (sadly) one night only. The front desk gal greeted us warmly, pulled up our reservation in 2 seconds and gave us hotel information regarding services and restaurants. The room was immaculate and spacious and even supplied with Starbucks coffee for the AM. We were craving Mexican food for dinner, and the Valet guys suggested the best two places in Carlsbad. We chose the closer one, Norte, in town, and it was fabulous atmosphere and food ! Thank you Sheraton for knowing how to run a beautiful resort and making everyone feel like family! Cheers to everyone here! We will be back. : )

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeeNep

Fabulous Review! Next time you must book for longer and enjoy the resort and what the city of Carlsbad has to offer.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed here 3 nights on a business trip to attend a convention that my company held in the meeting space at the Sheraton.The room was comfortable, large and clean, with a very large bathroom. The staff was very attentive, and quickly responded to any requests. Although I did not care for the food selections served for our lunches, I appreciated that the staff kept beverage and snacks readily available throughout the long days of meetings. One thing that did disappoint is that, after arriving late the first day and not really wanting a large dinner, we were told that the only option available was a restaurant serving heavy meals (e.g. prime rib). I decided to order room service, which was delivered quickly and was very good and offered the lighter selection that I was looking for. The valet parking is a nice feature, and on our last day en route to breakfast, the porters suggested that we leave our luggage, and upon returning to the valet stand after breakfast we found our rental car waiting on us and loaded with our luggage. It was the little details such as this that were appreciated. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write about your business experience. The Sheraton is an excellent facility to hold a convention with an amazing staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the resort and the restaurant while you were on property as well. I hope that you have an opportunity in the future to come back and relax poolside or at our Ocean Pearl Spa.
Warm Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but a bit short on basement parking space. Room acceptable, service is alright. Love the resort feel of it.

Entry into legoland is nice although not as clise as i was led to believe. Check in was alright but rooms ready only at 1600..

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the Resort and your getaway. We look forward to the next one
All the best,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is my first time here and I will definitely be back. I think the property is in a great location and was very conveniently located to all the business in the area. I really liked having the shuttle service and Jeff is the best!
As for the restaurant, it was a little pricey but the great service, food and patio with waterfall fireplace was totally worth it. Jason was my server and he was fast and flawless.
During my stay I would sometimes missed dinner and just go straight to their Corporate Connect Suite where I could always count on Tracy to take really good care of me. I was so impressed. As I walked in she would already have my table with beverage of choice just waiting for me. Made me feel really special. Also loved the morning girls Gina and Elizabeth. It's always nice to have great service with bright shiny faces so early in the morning.
As I departed Shelby was very pleasant with a nice smile as we said goodbye. Coming back for sure!

Room Tip: If your a business traveler you really need to upgrade to the corporate Connect Suite. It was my fav...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa as your place to stay while traveling. We are delighted that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to many returns. I was excited to read your comments to team at our last staff meeting and see all the elated faces.