“Nice hotel”

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Burbank, California
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. It is a nice hotel with friendly staff to check you in. My room was very quiet. Did not here my neighbors on either side of me or did not here anyone taking a shower like I have heard at some hotels. Always love their bed and how comfortable it is. It was a nice room even though I have stayed at Sheraton in other locations and they were a lot nicer. Got it on priceline so can't complain about price but would not pay the $250 the others were paying for a one night. If I had kids this hotel would be great since they have two pools now and a private entrance into Legoland. All in all a great place to stay if traveling with kids.

Room Tip: The top floor is the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time share your recent stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad with our followers. I have to agree that the beds are super comfortable. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds can be purchased on line if that is something you are interested in.
Warm Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a Preschool graduation gift we took our 4 year old son and his cousin (along with my in laws) to Legoland. The Hotel is very clean and the pool is open 24 hours a day. They have the best Bellman and Valet Staff: Jeff Sessons, Juan Garcia Jameson Miranda, Michael Marcink (All of them were exremely friendly, helpful and polite). Whether we needed extra pillows, a shuttle ride to the front of Legoland (the Hotel also has it's own special back entance) or even a shuttle ride picking us back up they were always there for us. The breakfast buffet is also very good. The front desk and concierge were very efficient and friendly and they were able to give us late check out on Sunday. I asked them at 5:15PM on Saturday night to make me a reservation for Vigilucci's (across from the beach) for 6 people at 6:15PM that same night and we got it. When we left the restaurant, there was a line out the door waiting for tables. We will be back again!!

Robert S

Room Tip: They show movies by the pool on the weekends, so if you have small children who go to bed early, ask...
PVE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed there for two nights while attending our son's lacrosse tournament. At 9:00pm on Saturday night the 7 adults decided to have dinner in the restaurant 20/20 after a long day. It was so crowded all we could do was sit outside for a drink. I mentioned to a server named Morgan that we wanted to sit and eat. She replied that we were not in her section but would see what she could do. Not only did she get us an excellent round table in a private area, she took our order for dinner and served us. This was above and beyond our expectations and we were extremely happy with her service and our meal. At about the same time, our children were driven to frozen yogurt by a shuttle driver...they all said he was very nice and they were happy as well. The check in and check out process, along with the valet service was exceptional. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: room location doesn't really matter, but use the stairwell as sometimes the elevator is slow. T...
Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This so called resort has an interesting formula about value. I bought a meal plan and was told it covers buffet breakfast (with very limited choices) and drinks. When I finished my meal, I found they charge any drink (orange juice, tea and coffee) except water. My OJ and coffee cost me another $9. If you cannot break even with the meal plan, then why not just add another $10 or so to the meal plan so customers do not have to get surprised when they finish the meal? I booked a ocean view room and the front desk lady tried everything to refuse to give me a higher level room with frontal ocean view even though I was there around noon and was willing to wait and come back later. I paid parking but parking space runs out very quickly if you come back late. Front desk people told me sauna is complimentary but when I went there, I was told it was not part of the resort but belongs to the spa, which charges a fee. By the time you learn all these, you are left with a bad taste. The only reason anyone would want to stay in this hotel is if you bring children who want to walk to LegoLand park. In all fairness many employees are nice and work hard, I like them, but may not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

For my son's 5th Birthday we had planned a short weekend get-away to LegoLand. What better hotel to stay at than the one with a private entrance to Legoland? - Sheraton/Carlsbad, ofrcourse! I was pleasantly surprised as it was a beautiful resort, very well taken care of property. The staff was extremely helpful from the momen we pulled up in a car to checkout. We arrived early Saturday morning and wanted to park at the hotel so we wouldn't have to pay extra $ for Legoland parking. Since check out time was not until 3:00pm, the front desk gave us 'keys' to use for the private entrance and we did an early check in so that once we're back from Legoland we wouldn't have to go through the whole process. Our rooms were beautiful, clean and conveniently located on the first floor (called coastal view) but the patio openned up to a large grassy area where several children's games were set up with a supervising adult (badminton, large beach ball, hoola hoops, etc). Our room had a welcoming bag which included small gifst for our birthday boy with a note from Shelli of hotel's guest services. It's too bad I didnt get to say thank you in person, but hope Shelli reads this review as our stay was perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything more. The pool and jaccuzi are heated and are very child friendly. Saturday night they even had a pool-side movie for kids (Lilo & Stich). the Twenty/20 restaurant had an excellent bar, however, we did not try food there. The little convenience store is filled with goodies for quick breakfast, snack and even dinner (salads, sandwiches, fresh muffins croissants). They even had plastic toys for pool and a small selection of Lego items. We asked to extend our check out to 12:00pm and that wasn't an issue at all. The real reason for the extension was that our son was having a blast in the grassy area by our room as he had made friends with some of the other visiting children. If I could give this hotel 10 stars, I would. Two thumbs up - can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1125 which was perfectly situated in the resort - close to the pool, the lobby and...
1 Thank yd700519
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
AMAZING 5 STAR REVEW! Thank you for choosing Sheraton Carlsbad as the place to stay and celebrate your son’s 5 Birthday. We look forward to number 6! Have a great summer.
Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Would stay there again. The best part of our stay was at the restaurant. The buffet breakfast/dinner is free for children under 3 and their are a lot of healthy choices. And Linda Ross, who is at the front desk of the restaurant, was so wonderful with our children! She engaged with them and even let our son help her take other guests to their table. Our kids also loved taking the golf carts to the bottom of the parking lot on the way to the back entrance to Legoland.

2 Thank t3ri
Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't get in at the new Legoland hotel so stayed here as we had stayed before. We were with two small children and the hotel does try to make things nice for kids. They have games on the lawn while you wait for their private entrance to Legoland,which doesn't open til 10 ( the park itself opens at 9). They have movies in the heated pool for the kids after the park closes (6pm)..the menu for kids in their restaurant has just about everything kids like..the menu for adults is Mediterranean themed and we found it to be limited and expensive. We would stay again but probably find places to eat off sire.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank April E
Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. The Dive in Movies in the summer are a blast! Hope to have you and the family stay with us again.
Warm Regards,