All reviews front desk bedroom suite full kitchen business park area social hour free beer and wine free breakfast the ac unit fire pit hot items pull out sofa quiet area nice place to stay business trip legoland kids cooktop
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom room with kitchen. We were here 4 days. Convenient commute to SanDiego. Room clean and comfortable. Tiny ants in the bathroom. Sofa bed uncomfortable for 11 year old granddaughter. Housekeeping accommodating. Asked for extra comforter to soften the springs. It worked good. Breakfast is OK. Scrambled eggs with different meats each day. Oatmeal, fruit, and cereals. Apple and orange juice. People at front desk VERY nice. Pool outside. Laundry facility available.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 4, 2018

This hotel is in a business park area, but it is a 5 minute walk to food options, is clean, and has a great free breakfast. The rooms are spacious and clean as is the pool area and the front desk are super friendly and helpful. Our out of town guests were very comfortable and happy staying here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

My family and i stayed here for a Legoland trip. You are greeted by dated 1979s style gold hardware on all the access doors. The rooms and grounds are well kept but definitely need to be updated. A leaky bathtub faucet woke me up several times in the night as well.

One of the carrots dangled in front of prospextive patrons is the free breakfast. The food was what one would expect from a free hotel buffet but the coffee was decent and my kids liked the waffle bar...from a distance. It was so crowded and uncomfortable that i didnt want to take my son with me to see what he wanted for breakfast. The breakfast experience, although free, was not fun and caused this rating to go from 4 stars to 3.

The staff was helpful and friendly and that helped the ocerall experience but still only 3 stars. I think for the $ you can find a better deal elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kristine L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Flint5oh,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Carlsbad and taking the time to share your experience.

I apologize our complimentary breakfast was busy during the time you attended, as we had a full house with many guests visiting during Spring Break. We work to accommodate as many guests as possible with seating both inside and outside.

Thank you for recognizing our friendly and helpful team! We enjoy getting to know and serving our guests.

At your service,
Kristine

Reviewed January 18, 2018

We had a great experience at the Residence Inn in Carlsbad ! Beautiful and quiet place to stay. Many walking-distance cute shops and restaurants nearby. Helpful and friendly staff. Very comfortable and clean rooms.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here over Christmas, not one of the better Marriott properties we’ve stayed in. When we got to the room the stove top was covered in the white abrasive cleaner that they used to clean it, but was never wiped away, the kitchen was only half cleaned, it was hard to tell if the bathroom was clean because it was so old and uncared for. It was rusty and black all around the edge of the toilet, and the baseboards were not cleaned. When we ran the shower the drain didn’t work so the tub filled up with water and some very nasty things came back up the drain and filled the tub up. We had the two bedroom unit and the other bathroom was not much better although it did manage to drain itself eventually. I went down to the front desk the next day to tell them, I didn’t deal with it the night we got there because we arrived very late. When I spoke to the front desk clerk on Christmas eve morning I told her how unhappy I was with the state of the room and she said that she would contact housekeeping. Needless to say if she cared any less it would’ve been hard to tell. I told her we were heading out for a few hours and now would be a good time for them to come and clean the room. When we got back to the hotel at 2 o’clock to get ready for church the room still had not been cleaned. So I walked all the way down to the front desk again. Same attitude, couldn’t have cared less. My husband is a platinum member with Marriott, if this is how he’s getting treated I can’t imagine how some Random family gets treated when they come to stay. As it was our children opted to stay with our family and sleep on the floor Christmas eve because the hotel room was nasty. So we spent all the money on the two bedroom room and didn’t even use it because of its condition It was nice to be in Carlsbad close to our family, but next time we may pick another property to stay in.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kristine L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Alison,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the guestroom conditions described in your review. Rest assured, I am investigating this with my team. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 760-331-0111 to personally discuss the matter.

At your service,