“What a great place!”

Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Beaumont, Texas
“What a great place!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

As a Gold Elite Marriott Rewards member, I stay at a lot of different Marriott hotels and this is one of the nicest I've seen. The manager, Rick, went above and beyond to help us out when my wife was stranded at the GIA campus by driving the shuttle himself and later in the week asked if she had passed her class!

The firepit near the pool is a favorite place to make S'Mores at night and the pool is heated to 85 degrees for the cool evenings. The ladies who run the breakfast/dinner area are incredible as are the house cleaning staff. Well done Marriott.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Geoff W, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Mr. Trillion,

First let me thank you for your loyalty. As a Gold Elite member you see a lot of properties. I am thrilled to hear that our little Residence Inn is one of the nicest you've seen. We are very proud of our property and love the results of our recent renovation. We have a great staff here and if Rick wasn't there someone else would have stepped up to help with picking up your wife from the Gem Institute. We really value our guests and look forward for opportunities to go above and beyond what our guests expect from a hotel.

I too really love our patio complete with firepit, 72 inch flat screen, and heated pool. I wish I got to spend more time lounging out there, but am glad you had time to enjoy it. I think its great that you made smores at the fire pit. How fun!

Please come back and visit us soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We decided to drive to Lego Land for a quick two night trip. We checked in and we were greeted by one of the friendliest people ever! You cant put a price on GREAT customer service. I believe her name was Katie (??...it was Sunday Night April 6th at 6pm) . We spent an entire day at the hotel pool and took part of the evening social and breakfast both days we were there. They also have a very nice outdoor sitting area where you can sit next to a fire pit and watch television. We have found our new hotel for our frequent trips to Lego Land.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms next to the exterior walkways (pool/parking lot) are a little noisy. Not a big d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Geoff W, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Spencer702,

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your new home away from home for Legoland visits. Our proximity to the park and great staff make it a no brainer in my humble opinion, even if I am a bit biased. It's nice to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities at the property such as the heated pool, outdoor 72 inch flat screen TV, fire pit etc. The evening social is great after a day at Legoland when making or going out to dinner can be more than you want to do. I trust our hot breakfast got you fueled up for the hustle and bustle of Legoland.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we really look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nice place and cool people in the front desk. Always helpful and very customer friendly. I have chronic back issues and the hotel beds are too soft causing it to worsen. Alex immediately understood my situation and shopped/brought some stuff and fitted it to the existing mattress to make it hard but comfortable for my back. Decent breakfast options, not too far from shopping, beach, lego land... recommend it all the way :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Geoff W, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear kannan k,

Thank you for recognizing our cool staff! I completely agree that we have great fun, and caring staff. Mattress firmness preference is one of those things that can vary greatly from person to person. We strive each and every day to make our guests comfortable. I'm glad Alex was able to make arrangements to help you get the good nights sleep you needed.

It's nice that you had time to explore the area while you were here. Carlsbad is a great city and I'm glad you got to enjoy the beaches, Legoland, and the great shopping in the area.

I hope we see you again real soon.

Rhode Island
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have staying in this area for business trips before and had the chance to stay this time at the Residence Inn. The hotel is near a great gym (24 Hour Fitness) and close to a lot of shopping. It may not be the first choice for most but I liked that it was a little way away from the city.

One note. Do not have packages sent to this hotel from USPS. My package arrived 5 days late and empty. In speaking with the hotel clerks, they have had problems with packages from USPS before. They hotel staff did everything they could to help me and even called when the package arrived even though I was no longer staying at the hotel. First class customer service in my book. I really appreciated it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank seeyouinthesun
Geoff W, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear seeyouinthesun,

We are always honored to have top Contributors such as yourself have such nice things to say about our wonderful property. I too like that it is tucked away from the hustle and bustle that is Carlsbad Village. In addition to our own work out room it is nice to have options such as 24 Hour Fitness, and the many nice trails for jogging nearby.

Sorry to hear the package you were expecting didn't arrive until after you had departed, but am thrilled to hear that the staff was still looking out for you and were able to get the package to you. I am very proud of the wonderful staff that we have at our exceptional Residence Inn.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed in laid back carlsbad for spring break and enjoyed all the beauty and comforts of Southern California hospitality. The hotels in Carlsbad village are all 2 close 2 the noisy train that runs all hours!!! you can't enjoy the beach view while you are sleeping and when I am traveling getting a good nights rest is the most important. This hotel is a little inland but a good nights sleep followed by a complimentary buffet breakfast makes the 8 min drive to the beach worth it!! The staff here as well were so helpful with directions and info on local attractions, flower fields legoland great shopping malls all within 5 miles, a true testament to Marriott. The ac units are not loud. I am sensative to noise while sleeping and I switched rooms while I was there and I never had a problem with noise. All 7 days no problems great vacation. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Boston Rov,

Glad to hear you were able to come out to Carlsbad for spring break and enjoy the wonderful Southern California weather. As you say we are a bit inland, but it is only 4 miles to the coast and some of San Diegos best beaches.

I'm always happy to hear good things about our staff. We are very fortunate to have so many great people working for us, and I really feel they set us aside from the competition.

We did recently renovate the entire property and have installed new air conditioners that are state of the art and much better than the standard under window units you find at most hotels. I'm glad to hear you were able to sleep comfortably, and undisturbed.

We can't wait to have you come out and visit again. September and October are my personal favorite beach months.

Menlo Park, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during the weekend of my Oceanside 70.3 triathlon, and found it to be ideal. The people at the front desk are standouts: friendly, helpful, patient. They got us oriented to the area, helped us choose restaurants, and provided extra hangars for the closet. The free breakfast is exceptional, with lots of choices, plenty of healthy options, and always kept tidy and attractive despite the number of people. Our room was spacious, quiet, and comfortable - and I love how many electric outlets they provide on top of the desk and elsewhere in the room. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: We found our room very quiet - we requested the highest (3rd) floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rgs2000,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our property and our exceptional staff. As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor I imagine you get to experience quite a few hotels. it's great to hear that we were the ideal hotel for your journey. I hope the complimentary breakfast was good fuel for the triathlon.

I'm glad you also enjoyed the layout of the room. I'm a pretty big fan of the Residence Inn layout. Lots of outlets to plug in gadgets and plenty of workspace too.

Thank you so much for recommending us, and we look forward to having you come visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the Residence Inn Carlsbad, and I must say, it still lives up to the memroy we have of our first trip here. Not only was the place, clean, well designed, and accomodating, but the service level here is fantastic. Megan was at the front desk our first night, and she took care of everything that we needed without hesitation, and with a great smile!! I don't know where they keep finding these good people to represent their properties, but keep it up Residence Inn!! Thanks Megan!! This property is perfect if you're taking the family to Legoland. They have shuttle service to and from the park, and after it closes, they have a great pool for the family to lounge around and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Bernard H,

Thank you for returning for a second trip to Legoland and our hotel. We love seeing familiar faces and it is great that you remember us too. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our heated pool after a busy day at LegoLand. I am sure the kids were worn out after all of that!

Thank you for mentioning our great service and specifically Megan. She is definitely a great representative for us. I cant wait to share your review with her and the whole team. They get a kick out of seeing their name in print.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip down from Los Angeles.

Safe Travels,