“My amazing friends at the Residence Inn Carlsbad, CA”

Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Miami
“My amazing friends at the Residence Inn Carlsbad, CA”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I don't know where Marriott finds their employees but I have never been to a Residence Inn and not been treated like family. The ladies at the front desk were outgoing and friendly with a genuine concern about my comfort. During the short week that I was there, everyone from the staff to my fellow guests seemed to become quick friends. When I departed, reluctantly, I was once again treated to the many positive personalities I have come to associate with Residence Inn's. Anytime I go back to the area, that will be my hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin K
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Kevin K,

Thank you for the awesome review! We are delighted that you were able to call us friends after a short week with us. I would like to say we work hard to deliver great service, but in reality it is easy because we enjoy our interactions with so many different guests every day. We are paid to make friends! Thank you so much for recognizing our great staff. We will definitely share your comments with them!

Please plan another trip soon as we can't wait to welcome you back.

Trent Selbrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was excellent. Very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room had a kitchenette, which we really didn't need, but it was really cute and I would not mind having an extended stay there. They even had a sheet you can use to request groceries if you're too busy, and there is a laundry area.

We used the sofa bed for the kids - I was surprised at first there were no sheets on it, but the linens were in the closet and it took all of 2 minutes to make up their bed. I'm a light sleeper but I got very comfortable very quickly and it was extremely pleasant.

The breakfast room was a bit chaotic as all breakfast rooms tend to be, but they had eggs and sausage and pancakes as well as breakfast cereals, toast, muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee, and fruit. On Sunday they had a make your own waffle station. We could have wished for bacon.

The pool is heated to 80 degrees F which is a bit cool for us in Arizona, but we did partake of the hot tub. They had a fire outside and a kid-friendly movie by the pool on Friday.

Overall I loved the stay, this is a great place and would be my first choice if I stay in Carlsbad again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room turned away from the pool, which is better if you retire early.
2 Thank kclightman
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
kclightman,

As a senior contributor with 47 reviews in 16 cities, we can tell that you have an eye for detail and we value your feedback. We are thrilled that you found our hotel so comfortable. It is true that not everyone needs the kitchen but it is nice to know it is there in case someone has special dietary needs or is tired of eating out. The grocery shopping service is indeed a very cool feature of Residence Inns.

We leave the sofa bed unmade because sheets can get wrinkled up and not appear crisp and clean. We are always happy to send someone to your room to make it up but it doesn't sound like it was too much of a hassle.

While we recently improved the flow, breakfast is a popular meal with our great selection. We are always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you staying with us. We hope your travels bring you back to see us again soon!

Warmly,

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to Legoland for the weekend and wanted to find a hotel in Carlsbad. This hotel is great. Very family friendly, the rooms are well laid out and big. I would definitely go back if I were to visit Legoland.

2 Thank hoonieskang
hoonieskang,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that our hotel was great and family friendly during your LegoLand trip. Thank you for pointing out to other travelers that our rooms are big and well laid out. It helps to have another traveler opinion when searching for a hotel.

We hope that you are able to make that return trip soon. In addition to LegoLand, there is much more to see in our beautiful city!

Safe travels.

Calgary
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel had been recently updated and is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We stayed for 3 nights in a 2-bedroom suite and the room was not only comfortable, but very quiet. The decor was modern and the room was extremely clean. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the choices were plentiful. The outdoor courtyard/pool area was fabulous, with a large heated swimming pool, hot tub, fireplace, BBQ's, and lots of comfortable couches and tables around it. They also have a large TV in this area (outside) and play a family movie every Friday night. The staff and service we received were outstanding, and everyone was always so pleasant. You absolutely cannot beat the value of this hotel, and I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me to San Diego/Carlsbad. It is close to Legoland and the Carlsbad Outlet Mall, and only a short drive to Sea World. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Tara B
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Tara B,

Thank you for the enthusiastic review! We are pleased that you found our updates and decor so pleasing. Our outdoor space with the heaters, fireplace, and BBQ's certainly help spread out and enjoy the entire property. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed our staff interactions. We pride ourselves on our service and appreciate the recognition!

Thank you for recommending our hotel after your amazing stay. We hope to see you on your next LegoLand/Outlet mall trip!

Safe Travels,

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The rooms were soooo comfortable! You cannot beat the value you get for the price. We were visiting family as well as had family visit us. Had an impromptu hawaiian/samoan/contemporary concert in the lobby. Those staying and checking in had a nice mini concert greeting. Hotel staff was amazing! Customer service was one of the best I've encountered. Had a little cooking feast amongst three rooms. It was just a really great place to be with my family. I'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I'd give location excellent but kind of hard without a GPS. There was no restaurant but breakfas...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 59Bwani
59Bwani,

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our comfy rooms and that you found plenty of room for visitors. It is great that you were also able to utilize our lobby to spread out even more.

Thank you for specifically mentioning our amazing staff and service. That is truly our most important mission and we appreciate you recognizing them. I cant wait to share your review with them!

We look forward to your next visit...and concert!

Solana Beach, California
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We live locally and our house was being fumigated, so my wife, 16 mo old, and 2 cats needed a place to stay. This hotel is one of the few in the greater San Diego area that allows cats. We stayed in the one bedroom suite, which was perfect to allow our girl to sleep in a separate room than us and the cats. The full kitchen was super helpful. I loved their pool and outdoor lounge area. Awesome for relaxing. They had a BBQ with Stone beer one of the nights, which was great fun and such a great treat from the hotel.

My greatest complement is to their customer service. At every aspect of my stay, I felt like they made it a priority to provide us the best service possible. Due to the fumigation at our house, we were hoping to checkin in early, which they completely accommodated. At check out, I was running late with a meeting at work and they had no hesitation to allow my wife, child, and the cats say a few extra hours for a late check out. Wow! Like I said, at every turn they met our needs.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone coming to town for business, or for families, and especially folks w/ pets.

2 Thank Dave R
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dave R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! We don't just accept pets, we embrace them as part of the family! We also proudly support the Helen Woodward Animal Center to give back to our community.

It is great that the rest of the hotel met your needs as well with the full kitchen and BBQ night with Stone Pale Ale and wine. Thank you for recognizing our service. It is awesome when we are able to accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs as an extension to the service experience. I am pleased that you found our priority to be with our guests.

May your home be termite free for years to come, but we will be here should you need us!

Thank you for staying with us and the great review.

Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Awesome hotel. The rooms are among the best I've ever stayed in. Completely upgraded to have all the modern comforts of home. Whether you stay in a one bedroom queen or the studio king you'll enjoy a stay that provides all the comforts of home. Having your own kitchen is an added benefit for those times when eating out just doesn't get the job done. The pool and fire pit areas are a great place to sit and relax or you can kick back and watch the outdoor big screen TV. Mon-Thurs provides a social gathering from 6pm-7:30pm which will give you opportunities to meet other hotel patrons along with the excellent hotel staff. A great way to start your day is with the daily breakfast. Hotel location provides easy access to the areas attractions and the beach is just a few miles away. Last but certainly not least is the hotel staff. Whether you are just passing thru or you are staying for an extended period of time. Each and every staff member treats you as if you are a valued member of their family. They are always polite and courteous. They will bend over backwards to assist you with any request. I believe the staff is what truly makes or breaks a hotel and the staff here sets this hotel a notch above the rest.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but I always prefer a room with a view toward the courtyard area instead of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Britt C
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Britt C,

Thank you for the awesome review about our awesome hotel! It is great that you found your suite a "home away from home". I am glad that you enjoyed our social hour, not only for the food, but socializing with other guests and staff. Being on the road a long time can be difficult but meeting others that are in the same situation can relieve some of the stress, especially in our patio area with heaters, fireplace, and 70" TV! Thank you for also pointing out that our location is central to LegoLand and Carlsbad Beaches.

Most of all, thank you for the thoughtful words about our staff and their impact on your experience. They are truly the difference makers and I am pleased that they demonstrated how much we value every guest, every stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Carlsbad.