“Made it easy for Single Mom with 2 young kids to go to Legoland”
Review of Days Inn Carlsbad

Days Inn Carlsbad
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Newbury Park, California, United States
“Made it easy for Single Mom with 2 young kids to go to Legoland”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this property! We've stayed here twice and love it each time. The 2nd time we were just hoping they had a vacancy as we didn't make a reservation. The rooms were nice each time, comfortable beds, fridge in the room, and the gentleman at the counter was very helpful. The location WAS GREAT!! There is a great pizza/sub shop down the street and 2 exits down are every place you can think of to eat on a budget from drive thru to sit down Marie Calendar type of places.

And we love the breakfasts that are included. Overall - we HIGHLY recommend this. The kids always beg to stay at "our place".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chauntelle C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Caliente, CA
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Nice location and close to everything that we wanted to do. The motel is located next the Interstate 5, a constantly busy freeway and my first impression upon arriving at the motel was we were going to hear the freeway all day and night. No freeway noise was detected. We were on the second floor and on the first night we did hear noise from the ajoining rooms but we were so tired that we really didn't pay attention to it. On the second night there was nothing. The breakfast in the morning is adequate. There was a line for the waffle maker (only one) and it took 3 minutes per waffle. Overall this was a nice place to stay and we'd stay here again if in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: Personally I'd stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I agree with other reviewers: my room was actually a mini-suite, perfectly maintained and clean. Breakfast was abundant and varied, with enough sitting space, which is not always the case. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Wifi worked well. The hotel is along the freeway, but the soundproofing is good. Do not expect to sleep with an open window, though!

Room Tip: As for all hotels along freeways: ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mojave
Burlingame, California
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights while we were visiting Legoland. It's a no frills motel where rooms are situated outside, i.e. door led outside. The breakfast was simple, pastries, toast, cereal, juice, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffee and (my favorite) waffles. Wifi was available for free. There were not a lot of people there, which I liked as it was quiet. We decided to stay here in favor of the Quality Inn (which we had done stayed at twice before) because we wanted a quiet place and this place was good for that. My only complaint is that there was no ventilation in the bathroom, so after one shower, the bathroom turned into a sauna. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Twinmommie
mrs.rose@cox.net
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We wanted to stay somewhere near Legoland but worried about cleanliness and comfort. You hear so many bad stories about bed bugs.
This hotel was very clean and the service at check in was wonderful. I can't recall the gentleman's name but he walked us through the process completely and even suggested places to eat. He gave us a room near the front and it was very quiet. The beds are soft, the towels are soft and the water pressure in the shower was nice! They had a flat screen TV, Microwave, Fridge and Coffee pot in the room which is nice when you are traveling with children. We like to have microwave popcorn at night and brought some just in case! The room is spacious and the heating/cooling is very comfortable. The beds are slightly soft but for some that may be better than too firm. They offer a free continental breakfast and you can make your own waffles-also fun for the kids!

Overall I would recommend this hotel for the price and area. Very clean and no sign of bugs!

Room Tip: Choose room 114 or 115, very quiet and on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank plasticnurse
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Having arrived tired and exhausted on Friday 16th September 2011, late afternoon and after trawling round looking for a decent place to stay (and after visiting the Econo Lodge next door which did not impress us!) we chose to stay at the comfort inn and we made the correct choice.
We were greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful young man at the check in reception who treated us in a very friendly and professional manner (his name escapes me, as I intended to write to his manager to complement him!!).
Our room was situate to the rear and side of the motel and was very spacious with a king size bed, fridge etc.
The room was immaculately clean and in pristine condition and as we were to the rear of the motel, the road noise did not affect us at all.
After a very good night sleep we went downstairs to the breakfast buffet which was very impressive indeed and immaculately presented with a very beautiful and friendly female member of staff who was on hand to help and advice. There was an extensive choice of food, albeit continental type, fresh make your own waffles were available which I had with lashings of maple syrup and cream - delightful. There were ample cereals, hard boiled eggs, Danish pastries and bread rolls and choices of tea, coffee and fruit juices.
A hearty breakfast set us up for the day for our onward drive to San Diego.
I must add, that this is probably the nicest Comfort Inn motel, I have had the pleasure to stay overnight in.
AND if the manager is reading this review, please pass on our sincere thanks to the young man who checked us in, he is a true ambassador for your hotel chain and I would imagine will be one of your managers, in the not too distant future.
Well done Comfort Inn @ Carlsbad, CA.
+++++

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas NV
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We didn't have any problem finding the hotel. The evening desk clerk was very nice although he thought that I couldn't get Southwest airline rapid rewards for my stay. When I got to the room I called the "choice privileges" number from the brochure he gave me at the front desk. They took all the information & cleared it up right away. He was a very nice guy, he just didn't know. The next morning when I checked out they apologized for the misunderstanding. The breakfast was the standard with waffles you make yourself, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. it was satisfying. I was worried when walked to the elevator, there was a lot of freeway traffic noise. I thought the room would be noisy but it was very quiet. the bed was very comfortable but they need to get blankets that fit the size of the bed. My husband is 6ft 2in. & he either had to have his shoulders uncovered or his feet uncovered. That was the only complaint with the room. Otherwise, it was very clean & comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple