“Two reasons to choose this hotel... Price and location”

Motel 6 Carlsbad East
Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This is always our go-to hotel when we need to stay overnight in Carlsbad. The rooms are average. They are always clean. For the price, you can't beat the location and convenience. The staff is always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank m_chevy
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Carlsbad East

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Save lots if money by staying at this location.
Basic ( no coffee maker in room, no iron, no hair drier no fluffy towels) clean rooms, clean pool and free parking. Save the money and cross the street to the best German eatery in Carlsbad nothing over $12.98 including prime rib on the weekends.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room is cramped and dark. No shampoo, no hair dryer, the toilet ran all night, the freeway noise is terrible and the decor is depressive at best and charged 2.99 for WiFI. Never again. If you must stop, ask to see the room FIRST!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lois H
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It is a really cheap motel, good only for 1 night. There was no hair dryer in the room so we asked it at the reception but we were told that they dont have any. So my wife had to dry the hair with the heating.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jottano
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I needed a place to stay because my preferred location (Carlsbad Inn and Resort) was booked. I thought the price was great (about 50 bucks a night) for being so close to the beach and the Carlsbad Village area. My room in the back had a great view of a weeded lot with foundations of buildings remaining from demolitions that took place years ago. My room key/card had to be reactivated each day because I was not able to get in each day. The WiFi was terrible and had to be paid for each day and activated with a new PW each day...a pain. The rooms were appointed more like long-stay, $125 a week locations. The bathrooms were clean as far as I could see and the rooms were just ok for cleanliness. They really need an up-date, and up-grade for sure. They are in a prime vacation location and could do better even if it means $10 more on the price. I was disappointed even though they 'leave the light on' for us.

Room Tip: Not sure there's any better spot but the back certainly has a getto view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ronstebenne
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I found two bed bugs in the middle of the night that I turned the light on and there they were on the bed sheet. Called the front desk and all the lady could do for me at 3am was move me to another room and wait for the manager that got there at 11am. Well I told him my problem and I showed him the two bed bugs I found in my bed and I also showed him my bit marks on my arms and he was totally rude about it. He said well if you don't like it go to another one! He didn't care about the situation. I will file a complaint to corporate.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

i just found two bed bugs in my room after staying a few nights here. i was in bed and my leg started itching i turned the light on and saw the bed bug crawling on the sheet grows!, right away i called the front desk and the lady said there was nothing she could do, but move me to another room and wait for the manager in the morning since all this happened at 3am. so im expecting to get a full refund and i will file a complaint to corporate as well.

Room Tip: Check your bed before going to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family