“Nice Resort & Spa”

Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Very nice accomodations and the support staff was excellent. Close to all the activities in the area. Rent a car because the cab fares are expensive.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,062)

Reviewed January 30, 2011

We've been going to La Costa for the past five years and, by far, our stay last weekend was the best. Outside of some off-season work that they are doing on the golf course the facilities are in great shape. But what really set this last visit apart was the service.

From the point when we arrived at the valet stand the staff was friendly and very attentive. The front desk accommodated an early check in for us so that we could get settled and change our clothes for an event that was taking place at the resort later that afternoon. The bell captain gave us directions to our room and told us that our bags would be delivered in a few minutes. After we arrived at our room, he called to tell us that they had a rush of guests arrive and that it would take a few extra minutes to deliver our bags. Now, nobody likes delays, but it was nice that he called to let us know what was happening. When the bellman arrived with our bags he asked us if we needed anything else. We said no, but then he noticed that we were a family of three and informed us that housekeeping only sets out enough towels for two guests. He assured us that he would call housekeeping and have them deliver additional towels. It was nice to see that the staff was thinking about our stay and being proactive about accommodating us so that we didn't have to react later on.

At lunch, the service at the BlueFire Grill was very friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. The server, Oscar, called us by name throughout the meal. The food was great and even our daughter's discriminating taste was satisfied with the kids menu. To our delight, when we returned for brunch the next morning, Oscar greeted us by name and continued with his impeccable service.

Since the weather was warm and sunny we wanted to spend some time at the pool before leaving. Once again, the front desk accommodated a late check out so that we could do just that. The pool area was almost empty and it appeared that the water slides might be closed. But the lifeguard was quick to call for additional staff to open up and monitor the water slide tower just for us - our daughter was in heaven!

Throughout the stay the staff was always friendly and always asked how our stay was going. We really got the feeling that regardless of their specific job, they really wanted to make sure that our overall experience at the resort was meeting, or exceeding, our expectations. This service-without-boundaries is getting harder and harder to find. For us, that's what sets the top tier resorts apart from the rest.

Keep up the good work La Costa! We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ChillaxinCA
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Recently spent one week at La Costa while attending The Chopra Center for Wellbeing. This is my fourth stay and each time I am more pleased with the service and friendliness. I had the opportunity to experience a massage at La Costa and also an Ayurvedic massage at the Chopra Center. Both treatments allowed me to spend a full day at the spa taking advantage of the wonderful spa cafe, the whirlpools, steam and sauna. Staff at the spa are exceptional taking care of every detail. The Chopra Center staff is equally wonderful and friendly. I always feel at home there taking in yoga and meditation and enjoying a cup of dosha tea. A blissful place to nourish and rejuvinate yourself. I highly recommend La Costa Resort and Spa and while there, treat yourself to a visit to the Chopra Center. Also Legends Restaurant is welcoming and the food is great.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We had a wonderful time when we stayed at La Costa. The staff went out of their way to make my children feel special on their birthday. The room was nice and the grounds were beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank azmom075
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I have never written a negative review for anything. La Costa is my first and I was dissapointed. The website looks so nice, I decided on the Golf and Spa package for 2 nights which includes 2 golf outings or massages each night of stay. I was arriving later in the evening and called ahead to tell them. They stated they would save my room. I was supposed to have a suite on the golf course. When I arrived the receptionist was busy "changing shift" apparently and was rude and abrupt. She did not even tell me where the room was. The Bellhop in front took my luggage and pointed me in the general direction. This place is spread out and you wont be able to find parking and your room in the same place. When I finally found my room, the key didnt work. I later found out their keys are weak and any cell phone will erase memory. I havent had any problem at any other hotels. I went back to the front desk and asked why my room wasnt the suite on the golf course and to get a new key. I was told that the whole area on the golf course had broken heaters and were not available. The receptionist told me people were calling that there was no heat in their rooms and it was 36 degrees that night. The room I finally got was old and delapidated (the receptionist had assured me it was "upgraded"). The TV was an old CRT TV, I havent seen one of those in 5 years and it's NOV 2010. The golf was supposed to be included but they charged it to my bill and I had to fight it. The golf area was disorganized and they could find my clubs for 15 minutes until I found them myself. There are plenty of assitants looking for tips but nobody to point you to even get your starter ticket. The course itself was meidocre at best, no GPS like higher end courses and plenty of dead grass. When I recieved my bill it was $300 more than what was described. I had to fight it. They told me they would take off $100 for not having the suite. Save your money and stay at any other hotel in the area. It will probably be nicer. Spa was nice and probably the only redeeming area, but would not stay there again even if it was free. I stay at plenty of hotels but will not be going back here.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank speedsurfer
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed there as part of marriage celebrations. The resort has everything and anything for a family holiday, restaurants, water part, golf, bar, kids play area, shopping. Away from the hustle of the city, it offers a comfrotable family getaway.

The staff is courteous, rooms comfortable and amazing food.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at La Costa a couple of years ago and loved it. I made reservations this year. I decided I would spend half my trip here and the other half at another fancy resort. I ended up canceling my second resort and re-booking with La Costa. There just isn't a better place to stay in my book. The staff are amazing. Extremely kind and receptive. I have never been treated better anywhere else. The rooms are perfect, peaceful, and quiet. I enjoy the overall resort and plan to come back each year. I highly recommend this resort to friends and family. I just can't imagine staying anywhere else in San Diego!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo