“In the Lap of Luxury”

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Gurgaon
“In the Lap of Luxury”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed there as part of marriage celebrations. The resort has everything and anything for a family holiday, restaurants, water part, golf, bar, kids play area, shopping. Away from the hustle of the city, it offers a comfrotable family getaway.

The staff is courteous, rooms comfortable and amazing food.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at La Costa a couple of years ago and loved it. I made reservations this year. I decided I would spend half my trip here and the other half at another fancy resort. I ended up canceling my second resort and re-booking with La Costa. There just isn't a better place to stay in my book. The staff are amazing. Extremely kind and receptive. I have never been treated better anywhere else. The rooms are perfect, peaceful, and quiet. I enjoy the overall resort and plan to come back each year. I highly recommend this resort to friends and family. I just can't imagine staying anywhere else in San Diego!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I attended a conference here in September and got there a day early to take advantage of the location and the spa.
Signage for check in is a little hard to define and locating the main desk wasn't that easy. It's pretty much at the back of the resort if you are driving in. Then I can guarantee it is a long way to your room. Once there and upon opening my door the room was very very musty and damp in both smell and feel. I really wanted to find a candle to light but decided to turn on the air and fan to see if that helped.
I left for a drive along the coast hoping the room (i think #459) had just been close up for a while. I was also on the first level so I couldn't leave my patio door open.
Returned after a few hours but not much better on the smell factor. The rooms are very dated. Large bathroom but paint, carpet, furniture and bedding could use an upgrade.
The next day I had an early spa appointment and spent ALL day at the spa pool. This was awesome. The staff is gracious, the amenities and womens area were comfortable. The spa cafe food was great and the wait staff very accomodating.

The second day I was gone until after 3pm and returned to my room to find no housekeeping yet. Didn't like that much either.

No copy of my bill under my door when I checked out. Didn't have time to go all the way to the desk for a copy so had to get one faxed after I returned home. Didn't like that either.

Never got to the main pool. it was too far away.

The food for the conference buffet's was excellent with lots of options.

I would return for the spa but not to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DallasRebel
Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This is the second time we've stayed here, first time without kids, this time with both our girls 6 and 8. The girls absolutely loved this place, the pool, the gardens, our room, the restaurant, the arcade room, everything about it was perfect, the room with two queen beds and a sofa bed was huge, right next to the pool with a small courtyard and seating area outside, no noise what so ever. Would come back here in a heart beat. Absolutely perfect for a family, used the gym and it's fantastic. What a wonderful place. Staff are extremely helpful and kind. Thanks for a lovely second time. Golf course is gorgeous. Close to legoland, zoo, etc...although you'll need a car.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Los Altos, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We chose La Costa because we've stayed there before. Our 5 year old son really liked the family pool and waterslide at La Costa. Plus, this resort is quite close to Legoland as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Beverly Hills
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I am a regular visitor to La Costa. I first went there quite a few years back, and have continued to vacation there even though it has changed from being a more exclusive golf resort to a more family friendly place.
The facilities are wonderful. I am a dancer, and find the gym and Pilates facilities to be terrific. The spa is beautiful, clean and relaxing. The restaurants are terrific, especially the Blue Fire Grill with the lovely outdoor glass shard fire-pits. I sat there this weekend, drinking my Martini, listening to a live Jazz band play Sinatra and other Jazz classics.
The workers and staff are friendly (my favorite being Lance- a manager there who is always friendly and helpful) and respectful- always.
Prices of rooms are below what other resort/spas with far lesser quality and facilities would cost.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
LaCostaTeam, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear jacadiBeverlyHills: Thanks for your kind comments! It's extremely gratifying to hear about your experiences and we will definitely share your feedback with our team.
Orange County, California
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the La Costa Resort and Spa. The rooms are nice, the bathrooms even nicer. The unpleasant surprise was the hardest bed ever. I couldn't believe it. They are remodeling this winter and I definitely would go back after they change their beds!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mindovertime
LaCostaTeam, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear mindovertime: You're correct that La Costa's doing a complete re-design our guestrooms and suites! The redesign will include beautiful new furnishings, linens and some new beds as well. We can't wait to share this experience with our guests. Some redesigned rooms will be ready as early as January, with all of them complete by March. Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us and we hope you can return for the new experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Beach Terrace Inn
#3 of 36 in Carlsbad
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,294 reviews
Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!