Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$269
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$179
$150
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$159
$150
$120
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$189
$176
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$325
Official Website
3,152 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesfire grillbob's steakhousemarket placebeautiful groundsplay golftennis courtskids clubbusiness conferenceself parkingadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegofamily pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We celebrated my son's birthday there and had a fantastic weekend. The staff was gracious, our rooms were great and we just LOVED to the pool and our cabana. Their SPA was first rate and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially families with children. It's the ultimate family resort!

1  Thank Susie0214
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Only stayed for the one night but plan on staying again next month for 3 nights. Love the friendly service at the front desk, the grounds are great for walking, didn't get a chance to check out any of the shops but will do so on my next trip there. I plan to play golf and for my wife to have a massage, will write back after 7/12 to let you know how it all goes.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We were looking for a kid friendly hotel for our small family reunion and decided on La Costa. I was in charge of the hotel search so I was a bit nervous due to the mixed reviews. The additional $22 resort fees and costs for using the tennis court and spa were also a turnoff for such a nice resort. Our family is used to staying at 5 star resorts like the Four Seasons but with 5 boys under 9 we wanted a place where we wouldn't be embarrassed by our screaming boys. As soon as we arrived at the resort we knew we made the right decision. The hotel was beautiful. Valet greeted us right away and gave us free day time parking so we could make a run to the grocery store down the street. Check-in was quick
and easy and the boys each received a bag with a granola bar, Capri sun, crayons, activity
book, and mini blow up ball.

THE ROOM
We requested a plaza room so we could be close to everything. we were given rooms 102,
106 and 109. These were the smallest and cheapest rooms but we found them to be a good
size. They were in the perfect location just steps from the valet, lobby and pool. The rooms
opened up to a large patio, courtyard and huge hot tub which we took advantage of in the
evenings. The boys enjoyed playing ball out in the courtyard. you can borrow balls, hula
hoops, jump ropes, etc from kidtopia. The rooms were nothing special but did have flat screen tv and comfortable beds with down comforters and pillows. bathrooms were nice
sized with a rain shower option and cocomango toiletries. The slatted bathroom door was a
big problem. You could hear EVERYTHINg and see the light through the door at night. The first two nights were quiet but on Saturday someone checked in above us and we could hear them walking.

POOL
The main pool area had 3 pools, 3 watersides and a hot tub. Our boys were all different
heights so some could go on the big slides and some could not. They are very strict with the 48" rule. We had several adults so it wasn't a problem splitting up but I can see how
this could be a potential problem for families. Good thing is you can see both slides from the
middle area. Food service by the pool was fast and friendly. It was crowded and loud on Saturday although our kids contributed to that :-) They have 5 other pools for those who
want peace and quiet.

BREAKFAST
Served in Legends Bistro. Try to get this included in your package otherwise it can be
pricey. Tell them Perfectescapes.com includes it. The service was fast and even with 10
people we didn't have to wait more than 5 min each morning, including on Father's Day.
Food was good with a decent selection.

VIBZ
The game lounge had free ping pong and xbox games. Pool table, skee ball, air hockey,
basketball, pinball etc all cost 50 cents or more to play. Our boys spent a good amount of time in there so it added up.

EXTRAS
My sisters and I enjoyed a free yoga class and the kids enjoyed the complimentary smores.
Not sure if it was just that night but instead of a big fire pit they had 2 little metal bowls with charcoals on the ground. Seemed a bit odd but the kids didn't seem to care and I enjoyed a
couple myself. The dads took advantage of the huge fitness room.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and enjoyed our stay. The hotel could go along way by offering free use of the video games, spa and tennis courts and not
charging extra for stuff like a microwave for $45 a day. Also, double check your bill as they did charge us for the breakfast. They removed it right away without question. La Costa is perfect for families.

1  Thank liv2travel
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the La Costa for a wedding. We were given a discounted group rate. I couldn't imagine spending any more for this hotel.
The service was inconsistent - i.e. Coffee was delivered to my room without coffee cups. Room service staff said, "don't you have some coffee cups in your room already." And seemed a little irritated that he had to go and find cups. #1: Coffee should be delivered with a full coffee service. #2: The staff person shouldn't have assumed that I had coffee cups. #3: His attitude was not necessary.
If you're looking for a quiet romantic vacation don't look here. There are children everywhere and the pool area was out of control, not to mention that it was 10 miles away from our room.
Parking is very inconvenient. It was far and difficult to access.
If you make a spa appointment at this hotel you should make sure you confirm it. I had made an appointment for several services a month in advance and my appointment for half of my services was lost. My nail technician was kind enough to attempt to have my services restored without success.
My boyfriend and I have the fortune to have stayed in some of the world's best hotels and resorts. This is not one of them. We will NOT be returning.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Indiegirl71
LaCostaTeam, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Dear Indiegirl71: Thank you for staying with us and we apologize for the parts of your experience that didn't meet expectations. The coffee service certainly should have been more gracefully presented and we appreciate the feedback that you provided. We should have done a better job of communicating some of the options for a tranquil pool experience (La Costa has several pools with different ambiances). Your comments have prompted us to create new collateral that outlines the different pool experiences available here. We value and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We recently traveled to Carlsbad for the express purpose to take my kids to Legoland. To help with the adult entertainment, we stayed and La Costa and were not disappointed. We selected a Studio Suite for our stay and this turned out to be key to our enjoyment. The mini kitchen and laundry really helped throughout our 5 day stay. The room was lovely and had a great patio balcony with table to enjoy our meals. There was an indoor and outdoor fireplace to help burn off the June Gloom (note to self and others - Avoid San Diego in May and June). The only complaint for our room was the bed which seemed to be high in the middle and sloped down each side. Getting in each night felt great but somehow I never did have a comfortable nights sleep.
The amenities were a plus. We enjoyed the pool, tennis, and golf we took a golf lesson (TR is a great instructor). The pool has a great slide setup for kids with one exception - I have an older child and one that is just shy of the 48" requirement. He thought all the splash areas and smaller slides were for babies - and I have to agree with him. After realizing he could not use the slides we spent our remaining swims in our complexes two pools and two hot tubs. The golf course was a disappointment but we are spoiled by a great golf course at home. Tennis was fine and there were ample courts to play on the week we visited.
Food was good but easy to forget so I cannot say it was special. The service was good though. We missed out on the Blue Fire Grill since the pre-season the restaurant had a limited schedule.
My final comments relate to our visit pre-season. There is a definite pro being at the resort and able to use it without competing for times with other vacationers. The cons however out way this pro in my opinion. Activities for the kids were not yet in place and reading through these activities, I suspect they would be great fun.
All in all, this was a great vacation and I would certainly recommend this place to families looking for more than a place to sleep when they plan a trip to Legoland.