3,307 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesmarket placebeautiful groundstennis courtsplay golfkids clubself parkingbusiness conferenceadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegopoolsjohnsonwaterslides
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Our family of 5 decided to celebrate spring break at La Costa Resort and experienced a fabulous vacation. The pool slides were a hit with all three children who enjoyed staying at the pool for hours. Liked the fact that an adult "Tranquility Pool" was also offered for those who didn't care to be around active, fun-loving kids! Beautiful property within a beautiful community. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Awesome relaxing location and great golf course and staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2010

First let me say we are a family of four who like to travel in style. I found it odd that I could get a family suite (2 bedrooms and a living room) for $500 a night. I figured maybe it was just the time of year. Square footage was great, room was awful. It hasn't been painted, carpeted, let alone updated since it was built. Faucet in the bathroom came off, light plugs were loose from walls, moulding was warped, bed throw stained, walls were a mess, tile on bathroom sink just gross. Honestly, I think a Holiday Inn would have been nicer. On the plus side, the staff were great (especially the concierges). As far as kids go, I'd think twice. The pool looks a lot better in the pictures as does the game room. If you are golfing, using the fitness center, the spa or the yoga center, great! However, I would definitely call before booking and ask specific questions about rooms or you will most definitely be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
LaCostaTeam, La Costa Team at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Dear Wendypstan: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here, as it gives us the opportunity to address your concerns. We apologize that you had this experience with your guestroom are looking into this specific room to address. We appreciate that you've taken the time to provide us with your input. Thank you.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

Summary
The Good:
Grounds keeping is top notch
Nice pool play areas for kids/family

The Bad:
Pool / Cabana service was the worst I've ever had
Restaurant service was terrible
Spa massage and amenities were mediocre compared to the hype
Resort room needs updating

EXPERIENCE DETAIL

THE START
With all of the hype about this resort in socal I thought I might take the family for two nights and stop at Legoland on the way out. The plan was to arrive late Saturday and leave early Monday. We arrived about 6pm on Saturday to find there was no self parking that was designated for guests; everything was labeled for a golf event. I do not like to valet because I want unlimited access to my car. I parked off on a dirt parking lot and then went to check in at the front desk. The front desk service was sufficient and they gave me a pass to park in the golf event lots.

THE ROOM
We take our bags and find out room. The room needed new carpet badly, the mattresses needed to be replaced, and the shower had a smell of a sewer coming out of it. The room was clean though. We had a very small patio and chairs with a view of the golf course which was nice. An odd thing about the bathroom in the room was that the first door into it was on a slider like a closet which was slatted and had no lock. The toilet had a separate slider door with a lock. If you have guests or kids over in your room the first slider door could be a problem since the privacy is limited and if you take a shower and someone opens that first door the clear glass enclosure of the shower is totally shows you off. For a couple this room would be fine.

THE POOL
The next day we planned to stay by the Splash pool area of the resort for most of the day. I rented a cabana that supposedly came with a personal cabana attendant. The full price for the day rental was I think over $200 but I got it for a discounted price of $110, I guess that means you get discounted service too. We were one of the first guests to arrive to the pool area to check in and pick our cabana. We picked one so that we could monitor our small children from it, the check in attendant said ok to the one we picked. We left the pool area for about 30 minutes to do a craft workshop for the kids which was nice but when we returned to our reserved cabana it was taken by another party. We had to move over to another one because the staff gave it away. The cabana furniture was dirty and the cushions had stains and food remnants on it. About an hour in we decide to order a drink. At this point our supposed attendant has never showed up and not even one visit by a pool server either. I walk up to the bar and it was like I was invisible to the staff. I begin to motion for help and finally the bartender takes my order (I have to beg to pay for overpriced no service drinks??), I said "have it taken to my cabana" and "who is my cabana attendant??", he doesn't know. The two drink order took 15 minutes to arrive. I asked the server how long will it take for a food order to be brought to us when we are ready to eat. She said it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. So about 1pm we want to order food and have it before my wife's spa appointment at 2pm. I had to again beg a guy who obviously doesn't normally work in this area of the resort to spend money! This person said it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get the food out to me and my party. We ordered 4 overpriced pannis, 2 children's grilled cheese sandwiches, and 1 order of fries. By 130pm no food arrived, I went back to the bar area and asked for status, they couldn't give me a straight answer. I said my wife has to leave for an appointment in the spa before 2pm. By 145pm no food and my wife had to leave for her treatment. At 2pm here comes the very basic food order an hour later!! The server knew we were not happy and was kind of sorry about it. The food quality was subpar and way overpriced. At 3pm we wanted to have another drink. No server again has asked us at our cabana for an order. I go back and do the same routine over again. At this point other guests are mad, one was even chewing out a server at the bar and the server was talking back!! At 330pm the drinks arrive and I also had noticed on a small sign that was hanging in our cabana that we were supposed to receive a fruit plate and 2 1 liter bottles of Evian water. I told the server that we never got this when we arrived so can we please have it. That came out around 4pm. As you can see the service was abysmal here. The upside was that my children had fun in the pool sand area, the wading pool, the big hot tub, and the slide which closed at 4pm even though there was still 2 more hours of sunlight.

SPA
My wife and I both scheduled a massage. The entry to the spa is beautiful and the shop is nice. The front desk staff was average and so was the men and women's area staff. My massage was not the best and my wife said hers was fine. The courtyard and pool area of the spa is beautiful. If we didn't get the massages for $99 each I would have been even more disappointed.
DINING
After the pool "experience" my father-in-law said we should go have dinner a Legends Grill, I was very leery at this point to take a risk of another service disaster. We made a reservation for the patio and was seated immediately when we arrived. After we were seated the service was non-existent. It took over 10 minutes just to get water and then another 10 minutes to get the drink orders. 30 minutes in were then allowed to place an order! The wait staff never asked if the food was good or can they do anything else. The only saving grace for the place was the bus boy! Robles (who should be the manager of the place) was the best, he got us refills, helped to get some of our orders in, and was very friendly. This was the first and only person to be genuinely interested in our needs at the resort. The restaurant was not even full to capacity so I don’t understand why the wait staff was so remiss. The nice thing about the restaurant was the food quality was above average, priced too high though, and offered a complementary children’s buffet. I wonder if the staff knew there were celebrities sitting out on the patio who were not getting served either. What terrible PR especially if you want Hollywood types to frequent the place?

I have more comments but I do hope this resort can improve their service, quality, and modernize the rooms. Since the resort is in the KSL resort group like the Hotel del Coronado we thought the quality would be just as good, however they fall far behind the Del in comparison.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
LaCostaTeam, La Costa Team at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2010

Dear advisorX007: We appreciate that you shared your comments with us so that our Operations Director could reach out to you personally to rectify the situation. Our research uncovered that our cabana program wasn't yet operational for the season and that we made a mistake in selling it to you in the first place. Glad that we could get this taken care of for you and the cabana program is now in full swing for the spring/summer season.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Beautiful hotel, great staff, under promised and over delivered. Highly recomend when staying in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo