Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$222
$199
$309
  • Restaurant
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$269
$175
$150
$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$176
$150
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$249
$242
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$399
Official Website
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
$579
Official Site
3,177 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesfire grillbob's steakhousemarket placebeautiful groundsplay golftennis courtskids clubbusiness conferenceself parkingadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegofamily pool
Reviewed July 24, 2005

Where do I start? We arrived right before our tee time, so we were rushing to the golf course. First, we needed to unload our luggage...we finally found the concierge, despite the poor signage throughout the resort. The concierge was of litttle help. In fact, when I called later in the stay they said that they would call me back in my room and they never did! The golf course was not very well maintained, and my boyfriend was forced to buy shorts because jeans were not permitted.

The spa was nice to lounge in although I did not try any treatments. There was only one bathrobe in the room, and it took a few hours for the other one to arrive. No turn-down service. The service was consistently bad...our valet drove us to our car instead of driving it to us. All of the staff seemed clueless.

The only positive thing was our dinner at Blue Fire. Not great service, but the food was excellent. We ate in the bar section, which was more intimate and quiet than the actual restaurant.

Overall, not worth the money. Having an identity crisis...is it a hotel, construction site, country club, or timeshare?

3  Thank bss5548
Reviewed June 17, 2005

I arrived at La Costa Resort with the hope of unwinding and rejuvenating... and wow, it exceeded my expectations. My room was spacious and seemed to be brand new; as did all of the buildings and gardens. The flowers are just breathtaking... so much color. The restaurants were terrific as well, both at the golf course and the new Blue Fire (which featured such creative and tasty entrees and soups). There was lots of live entertainment throughout the weekend, and complimentary wellness classes in the Chopra Center.

And the Spa was top notch. Lots of spacious, relaxing areas; and a fabulous jacuzzi and steam room in the Ladies Lounge. I enjoyed the Spanish Herbal body wrap which combined aromatherapy; a snuggly warm blanket and continuous relaxing massage. I highly recommend it.

I found La Costa to be a perfect getaway, and its so conveniently located just off I-5, between San Diego and Orange County. If you haven't been there in a while, give it a try. It's a completely new place.

6  Thank cpender4
A TripAdvisor Member
los angeles
Reviewed June 13, 2005

My husband and I stayed at La Costa to celebrate our anniversary. We stay in the area frequently and picked the hotel over others we have enjoyed because we read that it had been recently renovated. We booked a suite. On the positive side, the grounds, facilities and room were very nicely kept and decorated. However, the service at the hotel was so poor and the people we dealt with so rude that it ruined our experience. We would never stay here again.

The highlights: I was served undercooked chicken at the Blue Fire restaraunt. There were birds flying in and out of the buffet area in the main dining room, they perched on the plates and food and the waiters did not bother to bring clean ones for the customers or keep the birds away. Then we had a maintenance problem with our room. Every time the guests below us took a shower, the pipe rattled so loudly it sounded like a train coming through the room. It woke us out of a sound sleep several times a night. When we went out the next day, we were told the problem was fixed, only to experience it again the second night. When we complained again, they insinuated that we were lying about the problem and would not believe us until we held the phone up to the sound so that the person at the front desk could hear the racket in our room. They were not apologetic, did not offer to give us a new room or to discount the bill. We finally had to go directly to the head of customer relations and were treated so rudely by each person along the way that we ended up insisting that they take care of the bill completely.

I would suggest to anyone traveling in the area that they should stay at the Aviara Resort, where the service is friendly and professional. It costs more, but it is worth it.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

My three sisters and I were given a week-end away for Mothers Day by our husbands and we were so fotunate to have booked the La Costa Spa. After reading the reviews I was apprehensive on staying there. Then after staying there I became angry at the reviews others left. There is not ONE thing wrong with this resort. The employees were very helpful, the spa was unbelievable and the Blue Fire Grilll was outstanding. We spend one full day at the spa which is a memory never to be forgotten. They trat you like royalty! The gym was the most beautiful gym ever and the grounds were perfectly landscaped. Our room was in the plaza building with a courtyard view and a cute little patio. Room 150 Awesome! Us girls had trhe most Unforgettable week-end Ever. A great big thanks to our wonderful husbands!

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank Love2Travel92648
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Our family (mom, dad, two children 6 and under) had a lovely experience at La Costa. So much so that I am beginning to wonder if we went to different resort than many of the reviewers here! The property is quite beatuiful and largely peaceful; perhaps we were lucky but we had no construction issues. The rooms have been refurbished beautifully and all room-related service was excellent. I will concede that the service at the main restaurant could be improved, but we found the food delicious. I am looking forward to trying the new restaurant on our return trip this summer. And the family pool could not be more perfect for families with young children!

Here's how good the service can be: We had arrranged for a photographer to come to La Costa to take a family portrait for my mother-in-law's 70th birthday. The whole family was there for this special occasion. At the last minute, the guy flaked out and left a note saying he couldn't do it! In a panic, I visited the concierge and asked for help. In about 5 minutes, they lined up an outstanding photographer who was able to get there about 2 hours later (and who, by the way, shot some really lovely family photos). Other than at the restaurant, the service at La Costa is top notch.

We recommend La Costa wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: April 2005