3,302 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesmarket placebeautiful groundstennis courtsplay golfkids clubself parkingbusiness conferenceadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegopoolsjohnsonwaterslides
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Omni over Easter with my wife. She did spa and I golfed one day. There are two courses the champions and the legends. They rotate the courses each day for members and guests. If you want to play both be sure to book two days in a row. I happened to play on the day champions was available for guests and loved it. Long course, fast greens, and lots of sand. Beautiful views and the course was in perfect condition. You can have a cady for $80 that will ride on your cart or walk with you which helps if you are a decent golfer. The resort is huge, there is a audults only pool that is similar to a Vegas pool on Saturdays, DJ and all. There is a reastraunts called blue fire grill that is excellent. The portions a large enough to split. Spare ribs and Mac and cheese is excellent. The location of the hotel is perfect to get out and explorer. We went to Torrey pines, la jolla, Oceanside, and the beach and the was never more than a 20 min drive. Omni hotels are top notch and this is on par with their reputation. We will come back.

Room Tip: We had a balcony which was great to hang out and have coffe in the morning. If you vallet, just call when you are leaving your room and your car will be pulled up, it is every quick.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Overall great place , amazing grounds and setting. Great place to escape and recharge from everyday life. Recommend the Spa and Chopra center. Would not recommend the Blue Fire Grill - Very Disappointing. Also check your bill on the way out - we had several charges that were not ours from the pool and Bar. They gladly adjusted the bill but it was surprising to see it on there in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was my first time staying at La Costa resort since Omni took it over and it hasn't really changed but that is a good thing. It was exactly as I remembered except I guess there has been a couple changes since two years ago which was my last stay. They updated and modernized the Bistro 65 restaurant….and added a new adult only pool called the Edge pool…It is a nice alternative to the kids pool area and the spa pool as well as all the other pools on the property. I love the trees, flowers and the comfortable atmosphere which gives off a healthy and happy vibe. The property has been in Carlsbad for a very long time but they have made a lot of updates to the restaurant and pools and the marketplace which is a great store attached to the main lobby …the marketplace is a hub of activity, iPads set up for use for free….home made ice cream can be purchased here and there are also lots of food and snack items…it is also a really fun resort shop. there is also a host of other clothing stores available right in the main entrance, including Pinkaliscous a Lilly Pulitzer shop. The rooms are very big and the bathrooms and amenities are very generous. Beds are comfortable and television in room is a large flat screen tv. There is also a vanity area in a separate nook, at least there was in my room which was in the Plaza area….very close to the lobby but far enough away to keep it peaceful and quiet.
The food at the Edge pool was excellent but honestly I did not like the iced tea….I do love the iced tea at the spa and hopefully someone at the resort will read my review and do something about the iced tea in the lobby bar and the pool….that is my only complaint. I had yummy fish tacos at the edge pool and the servers were very nice and efficient even though the place was packed. I went to the spa the second day and had my favorite lunch there which is a beautifully served presentation…Tuna salad, wrapped in a cucumber with a side salad and crackers. The same nice people were working at the spa cafe that have been there for the last many years…
i spent the day at the spa and had a wonderful facial by Pat who has been there for as many years as the resort spa….she did an excellent facial for me and I remembered her from a previous visit. The spa is just right in everyday….size, amenities, atmosphere, snacks….its a relaxing oasis and I hope to make this a regular habit…I love the spa at La COsta….great products and great service

Room Tip: there are many buildings at the resort, i am sure all the rooms will be excellent…depends on what activities you want to be close to
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best southern california resort experience. it s my 5th visit to la costa in 1 year and every time i look forward to coming back. The chopra center of course is my link to La Costa but I also love the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Lovely grounds, good beds & bathrooms. Poor signage & directions. Villa poorly equipped & maintained. Housekeeping very lax in preparing rooms. Upon many different requests, the help was very friendly & tried to solve the problems. Not what to expect in a 5 star resort. Not the La Costa of old. Not worth the price!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Sharonmcc: It's good to hear that you enjoyed our lovely grounds and found our staff friendly and helpful. Your constructive comments about our signage and housekeeping are appreciated as well, so thank you for taking the time to share your review.