“Outstanding Family Resort”

Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Grand Pacific Palisades Resort is the absolute perfect place for families vacationing in Southern California. You are a stone's throw from Lego Land, and in between Disneyland and Sea World.
I was surprised at the very easy, efficient check in process. Probably the fastest I can remember in years. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in assisting towards my room. They were also quick to allow a late check out time of 11am that really helped in getting some extra sleep!
The room was more like an apartment--equipped with kitchen area, sitting room, large bedroom, and HUGE bathroom. Everything was perfectly clean and tidy. The bed was AMAZING. I can't remember when I've had a full night's rest without waking. Aaaaahhh...if I could just relocate that bed to my own house...
The hotel was bursting with happy families. The pool area is a child's dream--complete with waterworks, slides, and rocket ships. Mom and dad can enjoy the sun and bbq area next to the pool while the kiddies splash around. There is also an awesome activity room for kids to play games in the early evening. Best part--even though it is 'kid friendly', the resort was also very quiet at night.
I can't wait to come back and visit for a longer stay. The hotel is very close to Karl Strauss Brewery for those who want to venture close by to eat. The views are amazing.
Check out was also a dream. Simple instructions to dial one button and confirm checkout.
The prices are also EXTREMELY reasonable for a resort in Southern California. Can't beat it! Looking forward to my next visit. Thank you to the staff for making my visit so wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hollyansley, General Manager at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Hi Casey Z,

We thank you for visiting Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel. We're thrilled to hear that you and you friend had an amazing time with us and enjoyed taking pictures in front of our beautiful ocean view. Our resort caters to all different groups and we'd be pleased to have you bring your children your next trip. We look forward to having you back soon!

Take Care,
Holly

There are newer reviews for Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Upon entering this elegant hotel we were immediately greeted by their welcoming staff. Sandy at the front desk was very professional, friendly and informative. The cleaning staff was also accommodating. They even took a photo of my friend and I with the epic ocean view at sunset. Our contemporary room and bathroom was beautifully decorated and larger than we had anticipated. We were on cloud nine sleeping on their comfortable bed with those magical puffy pillows. Around the corner from our ocean view room was The Kids Club. It was filled with laughing children and the fun children's pool which made me feel a little guilty for not bring my children on my mini get-away. Parents were grilling up month watering steaks and chicken along the kids pool while their kids were swimming in the pool. I thought the grille was a fun and fabulous idea for families staying at this kid-friendly resort. I would absolutely recommend this tropic oasis, especial since it's conveniently located next to the Karl Strauss Brewery, Carlsbad Flower Fields, Legoland, downtown Carlsbad, not to mention the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Don't forget to ask about their complimentary shuttle!

Room Tip: The one bedroom on the second floor was very large and beautiful.

Hi Casey Z,

Take Care,
Holly Ansley

Reviewed October 17, 2012

So, I wasn't here with kids for Legoland - I was here because I got a good deal for two nights while on a business trip. But I can't remember a worse service experience at a hotel (and I travel A LOT). First, when I checked in the clerk told me I had to get a wristband to use the fitness facilities but when I tried to find the location to get the wristband it turned out they don't use them anymore. Then, when I entered my room it smelled of cigaret smoke. I called guest services who cheerfully said they would send up maintenance. I suggested maintenance would not be able to help and instead I needed another room. The cheery person on the other end of the phone agreed and told me to just head over to registration. When I got there the person behind the desk had not been informed, and even after I explained the situation choose to make me wait for the 30 second procedure of changing my room key while she served a group of newly arrived guests. Ten minutes later I got her attention. Later, after a shower, I could not get my "automatic" light and fan (VERY noisey) in my bathroom to shut off. I tried calling guest services but there was no one answering the phones and as I was heading out for dinner I thought I would just stop by registration and tell them the problem. Once more I got a cheery "we'll send maintenace" and of course, 90 minutes later when I returned nothing had been done. I am staying here two nights and this has all happened in the first 4 hours.....

Room Tip: breakfast doesn't start until 7 and a buffet seems to be the only choice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bushey_55
hollyansley, General Manager at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hi Bushey_55,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding your stay to Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests are accommodate in a quick and efficient manner. It is unacceptable if you did not receive excellent customer service throughout your stay and we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Should you wish to share any additional information regarding your stay, please email us at hansley@gpresorts.com

Take care,
Holly.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

There is a reason our group has used this resort two years in a row for our reunion. Not only is it a great location with convenient access to beautiful beaches, fine dining and shopping (not to mention Legoland!), but it is a premier facility with outstanding service. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. Forget something or need help with transportation or reservations? Ryan will be right up with whatever you forgot and make sure arrangements are made to your satisfaction. Do you want adjoining rooms, extra days, or special arrangements? Anthony's your man. How about help figuring out the lights by the outdoor grill, or technical help with the audio/visual equipment? Eduardo is on it! The entire staff seems genuinely happy to help, and everyone has a smile. Our group is grown up, but I would definitely recommend this to families with kids - there's room to spread out, the kitchen is well equipped, and there are several pools and hot tubs. The service at the nearby Jack Strauss restaurant is exceptional, as well. I don't make a habit of hugging hotel personnel, but my friend and I both had big hugs for Ryan as we left, and we look forward to our next reunion here!

1  Thank Terri G
hollyansley, General Manager at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hi Terri G,
We're thrilled that you and your group have been visiting us for two years in a row and celebrating your reunion here! We'll be sure to let Ryan, Anthony, and Eduardo know of your kind words and appreciation of their assistance. They'll be so thrilled to hear from you! We hope to have the honor of hosting you for your third reunion next year!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had an absolutely fantastic stay at the Grand Pacific Palisades near San Diego. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special whether it was checking in with Ryan the concierge, lounging by the pool or the manager Anthony accommodating our special requests. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the view is spectacular. Our group plans to come back at the same time next year!

Room Tip: If you have a large group the suites are reasonably priced, roomy and have all the comforts of a hom...
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent an amazing weekend at the resort with a group of friends. We were very well taken care of. Anthony and Ryan provided fabulous service including reserving the cabana by the pool for our group which was ready with towels and cold beverages. Eduardo helped us with the stereo in our unit and also helped us start the barbeque when we were having trouble. The staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were queens! The resort offers so much to do from walking the grounds to relaxing by the pool or in the hot tub. The view is incredible. I highly recommend the resort/hotel!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I wanted to treat my girlfriend of 40 years to a special weekend. We were so happy to have stayed at the Palasides Resort. My girfriend was so relaxed and enjoyed every minute we had together. The staff was very friendly and so helpful when we needed something they were very attentive to all of our needs. The accomodations were outstanding. The area has so much to offer and the the Strauss Brewery has great food and drinks. We are looking forward to staying here again real soon. Thanks for everything.

Diane and Friends

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends