“Valentine's Weekend Stay Made Perfect by Best Western Beach View Lodge”

Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Phoenix, Arizona
“Valentine's Weekend Stay Made Perfect by Best Western Beach View Lodge”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

If you want to travel to Carlsbad Village and stay at a comfortable and affordable hotel staying at this hotel will not be a mistake. From a great rate across from the beach and within easy walking distance to/from any where within Carlsbad Village to knowlegable front desk people like Matt Adame you will come to the Beach View Lodge as we have done time and time again and have a relaxing stay with no drama. Best to book a room toward the back for a quieter experience and on the northside so you get have a fireplace instead of a balcony found on the southside. Room 72 is a 1 bedroom and located on the 3rd floor and has a oceanview. Sleeps 4 and the upcharge is worth every penny. Most rooms have a kitchenette with mini refer and microwave but you need to supply your own dinnerware/silverware. We went to the Thrift store near the Albertsons and outfitted with all we needeed for less than $10.00. We left it behind for others to use or for them to add to their growing inventory. Ask first before you buy. Easy access to the beach was a bonus and we will stay here again. Steve/Diane Valentines Day Weekend 2011

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sayville
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was my 2nd stay at this Best Western in the past 3 years. I chose it for the 2nd time because of my prior experience. I'm very happy to say that things in this hotel have actually gotten better, which is not common in this day and age.

The place and its location speaks for itself but the staff makes it 5 star hotel...

1. From Booking and checking in with Suzie, nothing but a stressless event.

2. Breakfast coordinated by Cathy, with a smile and always a courtious and sincere "good morning" to all who entered

3. And of course the day to day to day services and area information handled by Matt at the front desk made the overall experience just perfect.

4. Hopefully i will return in the next 2 - 3 years for another visit and hope all remains the same.

My honest opinion & review...

Matthew Brennan, Long Island, N.Y.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Albas, France
Reviewed January 19, 2011

On our trip trough the USA we stayed one night in this hotel in Carlsbad.

We really enjoyed our stay here, the view was breath taking and the rooms were very clean. Parking is no problem, each room has its own parking lot.

When we arrived in Carlsbad we thought the weather is terrible, but it was only the sea fog and around 1:00 PM the fog disappeared. The rest of the day we visited the nice center of Carlsbad and had great dinner at one of the great restaurants.

Next morning the breakfast was great, good variety and fresh fruit!
We were a little disappointed that we didn't see the dolphins but maybe next time ;)

We definitely come back one time, and we will book this hotel for sure next time!

Thanks staff of the Best Western Beach View Lodge!

Best regards,
Eric & Lisa from the Netherlands

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Let me set the scene first . . . last minute as the new year approaches and being a procrastinator I have yet to book a hotel for a weekend adventure. So why not check out the rates for the Best Western Beach View Lodge as I have stayed here before and enjoyed my time there. As a returning customer they went all out, not only did they have a room but also left a list of local restaurants and venue ideas for the new year. They took care of everything including all the reservations, which was a load of my back and had a taxi cart us around for the night. Couldn't ask for better service both behind the desk and the crew cleaning the rooms were absolutely on point. I mean we pre-partied in the room and by the time we came back from breakfast the next morning the place was spotless. I've stayed here on business trips and leisure adventures, both of which were tailored specifically to what I needed. If you're traveling and need a great place to stay . . . LOOK HERE. p.s. ask for Mr. Adame, the manager as he always assures customer service to the highest ened.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodland Hills
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This hotel is a very nice place with a view to die for! There is nothing like waking up in the morning walking out of your room to see the Pacific Ocean right there!! And to sit there and watch the dolphins play is breath taking!! The one and only thing that I wish I had known was not only is this hotel a 100% smoke free hotel (which is fine), but one can't even smoke on the premisis of the hotel. I have no problem not smoking in the room, but when I was told that I couldn't smoke anywhere on the property I was quite disappointed as I have never heard of that anywhere and I work at a hotel myself. I just wish I had known that before making my reservation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mtadame, General Manager at Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
I am very glad that you enjoyed your room and the view. I have to agree with you watching the Dolphins pass by is breath taking. Yes we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, but you are able to smoke out in front of the hotel. Then you are able to look once again at that wonderful Ocean View of ours. We thank you once again and hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The variety of breakfast foods was exceptional and quite healthy! Cathy was incredibly friendly and helpful!! You don't see this kind of service anymore these days. She is exceptional!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This hotel is very close to the beach, we had a room with a balcony, we could see the water. It is just across PCH from the path to a great beach. It is VERY Clean, the staff is VERY friendly and helpful. We will go back every chance We get. The bathroom is a little small but it has everything you could need. I think they even have rooms with fireplaces... Can't beat it!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple