New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Beach Terrace Inn

Beach Terrace Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Carlsbad, California
“Perfect Birthday on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

Just had the most wonderful weekend at Beach Terrace Inn. We stayed in the Oceanfront suite and the room was incredible! Amazing ocean views and right on the sand. I was even able to catch a sunset surf session as my wife watched from the balcony. I will most definitely find many more reasons to celebrate at Beach Terrace Inn.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

Before I even set foot in the Beach Terrace Inn, I was already impressed. My husband and I were planning a whirlwind tour of Southern California for our 6-year wedding anniversary, and I was trying to find a place to stay in Carlsbad. The Beach Terrace Inn seemed like a good place, but I had a lot of questions. I became a fan on facebook and the staff patiently answered all my inquiries on the site and responded to my multiple emails too. Each response was informative and thoughtful. As luck would have it, there was a special deal for advance-purchases at the Inn in October, so I made a reservation. I'm glad I did! When we arrived, we were given an upgrade to a room that had ocean and pool views. COOL! When we got to our room, we couldn't believe how awesome it was. It was HUGE! Everything was so nicely appointed and luxurious...the bathroom, the bed, the linens....everything. The best part? The VIEW. The ocean was right outside our balcony door. Even though the weather was cloudy, we still got to see and hear the pretty ocean and even see dolphins swimming just offshore! The couch on the balcony was surprisingly comfy and we kept gravitating back to it and the view over and over. We had dinner at Jay's (highly recommended too!) and when we returned to our room, the kind folks at the Inn had left us a bottle of wine, fresh strawberries and blueberries and beautiful flowers and a thoughtful note congratulating us on our anniversary. It was such a nice gesture and it blew us away. Not only did the hotel exceed our expectations, the wonderful staff is what really made the difference. In fact, while I was on this trip, I also stayed at the Ritz at Marina Del Rey and at the Loews at Coronado Bay. Both were very nice but my favorite, by far, was the Beach Terrace Inn. The people are real and they genuinely care that you enjoy your stay. Whenever we go back to California, we will, hands down, without a doubt, stay here again. It's worth every penny!

1 Thank wphraner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

Loved this little ":boutique" hotel. great location, walking distance to the shops & restaurants.
Great beach to relax, catch some rays, watch the surfers. Large, well decorated rooms, very comfy beds, and BIG bathrooms!!!!! The whole property was well maintained, staff very helpful and friendly.
I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

Easy to locate, nice free parking, graceous professional staff. Recent remodel was not a coat of cheap lipstick, but rather a thorough exquisite job. Very beautiful contemporary furnishings, squeaky clean, huge room and bath. Sight and sounds from ocean view room were awesome. You are on the beach! I am a seasoned world traveler and the stay at the Beach Terrace Inn is right at the top of my "finest stays list". Go ahead and do an advance purchase and save a ton of money. You will not regret it. Wifi is A1. Cell is weak in room, might have been my carrier, but step out side and everything was fine. Easy walk (two blocks) to the Village of Carlsbad and all of it's charm. Great fresh seafood. I will be back soon.

Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I had our first stay at Beach Terrace Inn (BTI). We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. It was absolutely, unbelieveably awesome. BTI exceeded all expectations from the ceiling to the floor. We had the oceanfront suite w/a King size bed, this was a a corner suite with the plushest sheets that overflowed with king size pillows that engulfed us and put us to sleep every night. The sound of the ocean waves filled our room with sweet music and the view of the ocean and beach from the bed and patio was so tranquil and mesmerizing. There are plenty of outlets for cell phones or lap top and an IPOD docking station. The bathroom had a shower that was big enough for two or more people, w/a rainforest shower head and glass doors from floor to ceiling. The amenities provided included Bath & Body products, his and her waffle weave bathrobes and ample towels. The carpet had no stains and the walls were decorated with a textured wall paper to compliment the sofas, oversized chair and furniture pieces. The patio in the suite was large enough to comfortably contain a bistro patio set and a duo seat patio seater. There is a wet bar with sink and mini-frig-the frig did not get real cold. The television was a LG high definition t.v. that had the clearest picture ever. BTI is nestled among multi-million dollar homes, lending to the name in our title-Hidden Ocean Front Suite a Treasure in S. Cali. BTI is on a private beach and that was soooo nice. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and had quite a bit of variety. We love the staff at BTI, I especially love the personal phone call I received from Reiner, what a special touch. We will be back very soon with a new lil' additon!

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Our family and friends stayed here for our wedding weekend, and were blown away by the overall experience. We had our ceremony on the beach in front of the hotel and our reception on their gorgeous terrace. It was the best experience of my life not only because of the location but also the employees of the hotel. They are professional and personable. If you are thinking of having a wedding here, call and ask for Maureen. She is incredible! She walked us through everything to make it the best experience. She was thoughtful, kind, patient, and really made us feel like royalty during the entire experience. Our family and friends can't stop talking about how amazing their stay was as well.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Amenities are top notch! Rooms are decorated very modern but remain comfortable. We had an obstructed view of the ocean but the afternoon spent on the beach and poolside made it a non-issue for the price difference. We just happened to run into this place and would definately go back if in the LA or San Diego area again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple