Beach Terrace Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$194
$149
$134
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$163
$150
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
$269
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
$459
Official Website
1,361 results
All reviewsocean frontcontinental breakfastsound of the wavesguest loungerooms are hugewithin walking distancefalling asleepoceanfront roomyogurtcarlsbad villagebeach chairs and umbrellasboogie boardsfull ocean viewno elevatorhard boiled eggsbeautiful roompool area
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Large rooms, spacious bathrooms, quiet except for the roar of the beautiful ocean. We would have liked to be able to rent a move and have a microwave in the room, for the cost of the room, but the continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just got back last night from a weekend stay (one night) at this perfect hotel. I was so excited to find about it when I called the vacation rental place next door and was told they have a 3 night min. and to call Beach terrace Inn. I am so glad the receptionist there gave us the number. I am still stumped that this hotel didn't come up on my google search for oceanfront hotel search. Anyway, I wanted to stay at least another night. we stayed in room 58 a King oceanfront overlooking the pool and beach. It had a wet bar with fridge but no microwave which would have been nice as we were traveling with a toddler. It was absolutely perfect. The continental breakfast was nice, the staff was very friendly. I can't wait to go back with my family and relax and play at the beach. Carlsbad is wonderful. Gotta get back soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank laurlee
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My husband and I had opportunity to stay at this little gem for three nights. If you are looking for something "on the beach" this is the place, Had our room been any closer to the beach we would have been in the water. The recently renovated rooms and baths are very spacious and well maintained. The staff is friendly and attentive. In addition to miles of beach we were able to walk to everything as the Village of Carlsbad is literally down the street. We cannot wait to return. This hotel is a wonderful alternative to the big box hotels. Try it - you will love it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I just returned from a fabulous weekend at the Beach Terrace Inn. I hesitate to write about this gem, because I'm tempted to keep it a secret. I understand that it has undergone major renovations, but since it was my first stay, all I know about are the luxurious rooms, soothing lobby/lounge and incredibly helpful staff that we enjoyed for the weekend.

The first thing I saw in the morning were the waves out my window. And I mean the very first thing before my head left the pillow. We saw lots of dolphins at play in the beautiful Carlsbad waves. The Inn is built on the bluff, so you have hotel/sand/water. Comfy lounge chairs around the pool that overlook the beach with a wind protection, so you can be comfortable on chilly days.

While we were in walking distance of highly rated restaurants and shopping, we chose instead to order out for pizza (the food from Paradise Pizza was outstanding.)

We have already booked our favorite room for next year. It's a place we hope to return for many years to come.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I was pretty annoyed to have my room reservation of a full ocean view downgraded to a partial ocean view due to a "burst pipe." Funny how no plumbing trucks were on the scene during any point of our stay. Plus, we got moved to a main thoroughfare below reception and next to the main stairway. It was so brightly lit, I couldn't get the room dark and slept horribly.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carmat217
mtadame, Manager at Beach Terrace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Anticipating a vacation and having unexpected problems stand in the way of your well earned relaxation is terrible. We understand how frustrating it can be and are very sorry for our role in it. Unfortunately, the 'burst pipe' was an unavoidable issue and, in fact, the room is not yet in working order. At such an intimate hotel (of only 48 rooms), we have limited alternatives on the rare occasions that problems arise and we feel terrible the available option was not satisfactory. We are eager to make it right for you, however. We now know the wine and fruit sent to your room was not enough and we'd be happy to discuss with you what else we might do to convince you of our sincere regret. Please call the hotel directly at 760-729-5951 or 800-433-5415 and ask for Kent or Chris.