“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Diego, CA
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for Valentine's Day. I thought I had booked an ocean view patio room, but hadn't, so we were initially disappointed in the pool terrace room we got. But we soon got over that with the phenomenal view and wonderful service. The location is paralleled. Even the breakfast is fabulous. And...tonight I got a package in the mail. I had left an item of clothing in the room - and the hotel generously sent it, without even a call to see if I could pick it up or pay for it. We will be back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HeatherSanDiego_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Beach Terrace Inn could not have been better! The room was spotless. The restroom was immaculate. For the money, a beach front room is the only way to go. With so many places to eat and shop within walking distance, we parked the car and didn't have to move it the entire stay. The complimentary breakfast was great, especially the hours (7:00-11:00), which allowed us time to sleep late. We are ready to book our next stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HemetChevy
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stumbled upon the Beach Terrace Inn on Trip Advisor, looking for a place near LegoLand that was kid friendly but not kid crazy, close to the beach and the village so we could walk to dinner at night and enjoy more than just the amusement park. This place looked so spectacular on the website - huge rooms with amazing decor, beach front location, heated pool & hot tub right on the water, breakfast/parking/internet included - and the price was reasonable so I was expecting to be a little disappointed as it seemed to good to be true. It totally exceeded my expectations. I loved everything about it. We got lucky (for Feb) and spent a day on the beach, a day at legoLand and a day paddle-boarding on the local lagoon. The hotel was spectacular - such pretty design with a very relaxing atmosphere plus very friendly and helpful staff - and the town is wonderful too. I highly recommend and can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carol D
stuttgart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights on a business trip and liked the relaxed and clean place. Good breakfast, very freindly service and large rooms. Try to catch a room with beach view. Great beachside. I recommend it also during business trips

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Orange County, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you're looking for a beach front experience, The Beach Terrace Inn is 'dolphinatly' the right spot! My mother and I wanted a little vacation from our busy, busy schedules and The Beach Terrace Inn exceeded every expectation. From the spectacular views to the friendly and attentive staff, our weekend getaway was beyond amazing. We stayed in an ocean view room (52) over looking the pool and the Carlsbad State Beach. Waking up and falling asleep to the crashing of the waves was pure tranquility.

The continental breakfast was perfect! The four hour time frame, 7am-11am, allowed my mother and I to sleep in and still be able grab breakfast. It may not be your breakfast feast full of eggs, bacons and sausages, but there is an assortment of delicious pastries, bagels, breads, cereal and fruit. The staff was also extremely prompt in refilling the coffees and baked goods whenever anything was low.

The views may have been exceptional and the room may have been devine, but the staff was incredible. Right from the moment you step inside the lobby, you're greeted with warm welcomes and great smiles. Kent was extremely helpful and accommodating in coordinating our stay. My mother needed a few extra blankets for the cold nights ahead, so we called the front desk for some assistance. Ryan, the Front Desk, was polite and exceedingly helpful and even offered if we would want an extra personal heater. Within 1 minute of the phone request, Andrew, the Pool Attendant, was at our door with 2 blankets and a portable heater. The staff goes above and beyond to make your visit a rememberable one.

If you're looking a small dose of paradise, you can find it at The Beach Terrace Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Victoria_Hartman
Neufeld an der Leitha, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We spent the last days of 2012 in this wonderful hotel directly on the beach! Management so helpful and nice,Thank you MIke for all your assistance!! the hotel is so beautiful, pool at beach a dream! it is a real jewel! We spent 2 weeks in different locations in California, very nice places and beaches but there is only one where we are definitely sure to go back as soon as possible. The city center of Carlsbad is just few blocks away, easy to walk there and so nice and welcoming. We went to Dana Point from there and down to San Diego, we went to the nice Shopping Mall and really everything is so nearby. This is how we Austrians imagine a hotel in California.. A dream came true!!

Room Tip: take a beach view!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eja1966
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here from 12-30-2012 to 1-3-2013. This was my first visit to California and wanted to stay right on the beach...was not dissappointed. Great location! The rooms here are very spacious, very clean and the staff more than accommodating...I didn't have my room serviced each day and by the 2nd day they placed a large basket with extra towels and toiletries..That was a first from any hotel I've ever stayed in...I will definitely stay here again and would HIGHLY recommend choosing Beach Terrace Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo