Ok, so after disneyland we drove over to Carlsbad and booked this place based on a random find and as part of our trip we visited San Diego.
We have 3 young kids and this place was pretty much heaven, not because we just spent 3 days walking disneyland but this "not busy" feel hotel was perfect.
1. Stones throw? Its closer than that, its directly on the beach period.
2. Room was really nice and large forget what unit we had.
3. Beach was awesome, kids body boarded for hours.
4. Beach is so large that it just doesn't feel busy.
5. There hotel was fully booked and there was never more than 10 to 15 people around the pool. No need to fight for space or chairs or anything.
6. Constantly someone walking around picking up towels or looking after you to get toys for the kids.
7. Continental breakfast was perfect with a nice lounge area.
8. Train station for San Diego is a 5 min walk away.
9. Sound of the waves from the room was "LOUD" and just perfect. (I can't believe the reviews complaining above the sound of the ocean and they booked a hotel on the beach)
Need i go on. I really hate to provide such a good review of this place as i want to keep to myself but i must say we really had a great time in Carlsbad.
The people downtown Carlsbad were also extremely nice and we were constantly being formally welcomed from Canada. I couldn't believe this place it was like a dream.
We will definately be back in 2013. Chow
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel right on the sand along the azure waters of the Carlsbad coast. The luxurious, totally redesigned Beach Terrace Inn is delightfully private and terraced on the sand along Carlsbad State Beach, boasting miles of beautiful beach front. Both wired and relaxed, the hotel allows you to surf the net or the waves, walk to dozens of restaurants and nightlife in Carlsbad Village, or lose yourself in flip flops, sand and the sight of dolphins playing in the ocean. Here you are free from cares and free from extra fees with breakfast, parking, WiFi and most services included in the room charge. Legoland and fabulous shopping are five minutes away while The Wild Animal Park, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld and all of San Diego are 30 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Beach Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Terrace Hotel Carlsbad
- Beach Terrace Carlsbad