“The best kept secret in California...”
Review of Beach Terrace Inn

Beach Terrace Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were blown away by this hotel. We actually checked out on our day of departure only to check right back in. We didn't want to leave. The location is amazing! Pay the extra money and get a room with a 'full ocean view'... it is worth every penny! The rooms are big and clean. The pool is warm and over-looks the ocean. The free breakfast is beautiful... muffins, pastry, bagels, breads, yogurt, various fresh fruits, oatmeal, cold cereal, fresh squeezed oj, coffee, tea. The cafe over-looks the ocean or you can enjoy the outdoor terrace. The hotel manager is such a nice man and the staff is great! The hotel is a very easy drive to Legoland.. maybe 10 minutes away. We had fun at Legoland but did not want to leave our balcony. This is an awesome hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: Our first room was room 12 and it was AMMMMAZING!!! Full ocean view... right on the beach! We checke...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank carol c

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Right on the beach in the little town of Carlsbad. Our room was huge, we got upgraded through trip advisor, and got a full ocean view. The kids had a great time in the hottub, pool and beach. Carbs galore at the continental breakfast but they were really good pastries and we were on vacation. We did one day at Legoland and played around at the hotel the rest of the time.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed in a king beach front room (29? ). Room was huge and modern, beach front was perfect. Breakfast was varied and more than sufficient. Service was outstanding and free wine delivered to our room by Michael at the front desk. Perfect for our romantic weekend. Wish we had stayed longer. Saw seals swimming during our breakfast. Award winning for Southern California in my book. Look forward to going back.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Where do I start. My wife and I are on honeymoon and when booking our trip from Scotland were looking for something special for 2 nights en-route to New Zealand. Boy did we find it. On check in we were offered a choice of rooms, but to be honest it didn't matter as all rooms are increadibly well thought out, and very well decorated. What strikes me about this hotel is the attention to detail, for example the complementary bottle of wine sent to the room to help us celebrate our honeymoon. The staff are so helpful and nothing seems too much trouble. The hotel has recently remodelled it's guest area where I'm currently enjoying my breakfast in what can only be described as the most calming zen like space I've ever eaten in. I can only hope that the rest of the hotels we stay in on this trip can match this, but I think it's goin to be a tall order.

Thanks beach terrace inn for an amazing start to our special vacation.

3  Thank RobandLoz
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I loved this hotel I stayed in the king suite omg I loved the shower I wish it was my bathroom at home only thing I would add would be curtains I'm a late sleeper but other then that I'm in love for get Jamaica of a freakin honeymoon I'm coming here

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krystle M
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We wanted a room close to the ocean, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. We had one of the King Oceanfront Rooms, and it just couldn't have been nicer. Great room, spectacular bathroom, and unbelievable view. The pool, the breakfast, the front desk, all first rate. We got the special rate for buy two nights, get the third night free, and it was a geeat value!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Wingingit89
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Beach Terrace Inn was a fantastic find right on the water. Set back from noise, except the sound of waves, it offers clean, lovely, large rooms, the beach at your fingertips and great service. We stayed accidentally and have returned twice. Our room was upgraded due to the time of year and not being full, and when we had a credit card dispute it was taken care of immediately. I highly recommend this haven whether on business or for relaxation.

Room Tip: Room 29 is stellar.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business