“Didn't want to leave”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Phoenix, Arizona
“Didn't want to leave”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed the Memorial Weekend taking advantage of a special the hotel offered through their Facebook page. We have been going to The Beach Terrace Inn for 15 years and is the only Oceanfront hotel we LOVE. We hated to leave and even stay an extra night. The staff is great and breakfast was enjoyable. The Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturday has everything. You can walk to the center of town with lots of shops and restaurants. There is a lot to do but we prefer to spend as much time at the Hotel enjoying the Ocean roar and Sunsets. Listening to the ocean all night was so soothing, and bed was so comfortable I don't think I moved all night. Can't wait to go back. Gary H.

1 Thank GaryHL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Cayucos, California
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Amazing stay. The ocean on one side and the quaint village of Carlsbad a very short walk on other side. Lots of nice restaurants very near by and the amazing sunsets over the ocean.

Room Tip: The corner unit on the bottom north side is #1
1 Thank oceanbug15
Reviewed June 5, 2011

First, I have to say this hotel would not be in my budget had it not been for the discount we received due to a wedding. With the discount, the hotel was priced well, without, I would say it's a little overpriced.
The rooms were awesome! We had a ocean view that was partially blocked and it was still great! The staff were so nice and the breakfast in the morning was decent.
Everything was clen, even the glasses. And the shower was totally worth it!!

• Stayed June 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The Beach Terrace Inn is ideally located for enjoying the beach and for dining at local hot spots. We loved the view from our beach-front balcony, and took several walks on the beach, together and individually. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. It was nice to see them smiling as they did their work, showing that they really enjoy doing what they do. The room was spacious, the bed too comfy (made it difficult NOT to sleep in!), and the amnities were just right. It was a great place to celebrate our 25th anniversary! We intend on returning for another stay next year.

Room Tip: Get upper room facing beach, away from the pool.
2 Thank caslos
Duarte, California
Reviewed May 26, 2011

If you travel to the coast to wake up near the beach you cannot get any closer, unless you fall asleep on a surfboard. Our room was large and breezy with a comfortable balcony and great views. The bathroom is spacious with an oversized shower. There's an outside shower area for rinsing off the sand before you use the pool, the jacuz or going back to your room. The continental breakfast was full of variety and abundance. The staff was extremely personable and acommodating.

Room Tip: look for
Temecula, California
Reviewed May 25, 2011

A quaint and wonderful home away from home. Beautiful accommodations, great sized rooms, ocean-front rooms available where you fall asleep to the sound of waves and a breakfast buffet included that is fabulous! You could not ask for anything more! All of the staff are friendly and wonderful! We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-front room. Well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2011
1 Thank queenofromance
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed May 25, 2011

After an extensive search on the internet looking at properties, location and reviews, I decided to spoil myself with at stay at the Beach Terrace Inn. I was not disappointed. To further my self spoiling, I chose an oceanfront room. It was just what I was needing and wanting. How can you be disappointed with the sound of the ocean crashing at your balcony? Wonderful leuver doors that cover your glass sliders so you can enjoy the sound of the sea at night...and I did!

Huge room that I would gladly live there permenently if they would let me! Amazing bathroom, with very large glass enclosed shower. One day I actually left the bathroom door open to watch the ocean as I was showering! How fun!

Breakfast was very well presented and had a variety of breads, pastries, muffins, cereals, etc. My only suggestion was to offer mayo packets for those of us who can't eat a hard boiled egg alone!

I did share with the front desk that as an innkeeper and and tree hugger, I appreciate their efforts to be enviornmentally conscious by providing signage to reuse towels. ( I don't understand why folks need a fresh clean towel to dry off their fresh clean body daily.) However, even tho I complied with this, housekeeping kept giving me fresh towels. But if this is my only complaint.

I cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends