“Front desk workers esp. "Hamid", were very nice and...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Aiea
“Front desk workers esp. "Hamid", were very nice and...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Front desk workers esp. "Hamid", were very nice and helpful, especially when we needed to drop off our 8 suitcases on the way to Sea World, before returning to check in in the pm. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast and the scenery while eating breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you staying with us and I will share the comments with Hamed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The outside and lobby were very nice, but the room was horrible!!! It was really small, out dated, the bathtub drain was clogged so the shower filled the tub with water by the time you finished. It took FOREVER to get hot water. The room walls were paper thin and I heard everything that was going on outside...everything! Housekeeping did not leave fresh towels, I had to call. I should have known the price was too good to be true, but I based my decision on the name Ramada Inn. Trust me when I say, do not stay at this hotel, you'll be better off at Motel 6...at least there you know what you're getting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia P
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We try hard but I am sorry we did not meet yours.
Northridge, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location is great. The 2 bedroom suites are perfect if traveling with others. we always let my dad stay in the separate room with the queen bed and it also has it's own bathroom. the kitchen and living room area are in between the bedrooms. The 2nd bedroom has 2 double beds and a bathroom inside the room. the only drawback is the $$$. very comfortable and good morning breakfast.

I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for such a nice review. It is nice to hear you have stayed with us for many years. We continue to improve the hotel and have made many upgrades this year. I hope to see you again in the future.
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Keep looking for something better! We arrived at 7:30 on Friday of the Memorial Day weekend. We are a family of 5 and needed a room with additional space. We were given a handicapped room, unk why but we found the room to be less than ideal. The first issue was no Wi-Fi (which I would have used to find another hotel). We pulled out the sofa bed and no blanket or pillow....not even in the closet. The bedroom had no overhead light and one of the bedside lights would not work. We were unable to find the remote for the TV in the bedroom. The kitchen needed serious updating, the oven is at least 30 years old and I am sure the refrigerator is at least that old. I took the two burned out bulbs from the bedside lamp and laid them next to the lamp thinking housekeeping would replace the bulbs. Lady at front desk said I should have called them and let them know. I guess something's thing are not oblivious. During night 2 the air conditioner stopped working and could not be fixed. I didnot call the desk...cuz it's the middle of the night. We were packing to leave and I found a really cute size 2T T-shirt, not ours but it tells me housekeeping never vacuumed the bedroom cuz it was on the floor next to the bed....I didn't see the shirt during our two day stay because of the crappy lighting.Find another hotel!,

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank halfbakedmom
I apologize for your experience and we will review this with the staff.