“Your staff is very amazing, check in very fast, an upgraded...”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Keep looking for something better! We arrived at 7:30 on Friday of the Memorial Day weekend. We are a family of 5 and needed a room with additional space. We were given a handicapped room, unk why but we found the room to be less than ideal. The first issue was no Wi-Fi (which I would have used to find another hotel). We pulled out the sofa bed and no blanket or pillow....not even in the closet. The bedroom had no overhead light and one of the bedside lights would not work. We were unable to find the remote for the TV in the bedroom. The kitchen needed serious updating, the oven is at least 30 years old and I am sure the refrigerator is at least that old. I took the two burned out bulbs from the bedside lamp and laid them next to the lamp thinking housekeeping would replace the bulbs. Lady at front desk said I should have called them and let them know. I guess something's thing are not oblivious. During night 2 the air conditioner stopped working and could not be fixed. I didnot call the desk...cuz it's the middle of the night. We were packing to leave and I found a really cute size 2T T-shirt, not ours but it tells me housekeeping never vacuumed the bedroom cuz it was on the floor next to the bed....I didn't see the shirt during our two day stay because of the crappy lighting.Find another hotel!,

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank halfbakedmom
gmcomfortSanDiego, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I apologize for your experience and we will review this with the staff.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, and would like to say, that ALL the 5 star reviews are FAKE! (unless there experience was radically different from mine)

The rooms were OK: they smelled musty/moldy, and were a bit unclean, but not horrible.

The beds were OK: they were not super comfortable, but not bad either.

The kitchen was Not bad at all: it had a fridge and a microwave, that were clean and functional.

The pool was dirty: They need to clean out the pool more often, there is a lot of stuff on the bottom.

The staff were RUDE: They were unhelpful, unpleasant, and LAZY! Always passing questions and requests onto other people, or brushing off the question/request, even though they could have dealt with it themselves.

In fact, we spent the last day of the vacation in a different hotel, and we were all saying how nice the staff were, jumping at any opportunity to make your stay better. Then, we realised that that is actually normal for a hotel, the first one (Ramada) was just so bad that a "normal" hotel seemed GREAT!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Carlsbad by the sea is the perfect beach town, well almost perfect because I can't afford to live there. Our stay at The Ramada Carlsbad by the sea was well... Nothing to complain about. We booked a "suite" . These suites are not what you would usually picture whenever you think suite but it really had all the essentials crammed into a very small place for a very affordable price. The front desk is so friendly and accommodating . Yeah. Housekeeping forgot the bedding for my fold out sofa bed but they delivered when I called. It is an older chain hotel. It was clean and close to everything. The small kitchenette allowed for a few snacks and beverages close by. We even had the friends we were visiting stop by and sit by the pool and it was no problem. Would I stay again? Yes I would if I need an affordable place for a night or two. No frills but very do able... If you are a light sleeper try to get a room away from the freeway. Picture perfect weather to chill by the outdoor waterfall.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway and facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Carlsbad hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
Rodeway Inn Near Legoland
Rodeway Inn Near Legoland
#35 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Ramada Carlsbad? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Carlsbad

Property: Ramada Carlsbad
Address: 751 Macadamia Dr, Poinsettia exit off I-5, Carlsbad, CA 92011-3299
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Carlsbad 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad